Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A kind of maddening nsv!! Lol

My wedding ring stopped fitting very early out ( less than a month out of surgery if I remember). Now to clarify, I've always had small hands- they never seemed chubby to me. My ring was a 6 1/2 size. Now that I'm at goal, and figured I was done, I bit the bullet and had my ring resized to a 4!!! "Holy moly little fingers!!" said the jeweler. I was so happy. I had it sized a bit snug so that if I lost a bit more I'd be okay. Its bloody loose again!!!!! I'm a baker and I don't take my ring off for work ( I used to and lost my ring on the floor of the bakery- never to be found again- it had to be replaced) so a loose ring is a very bad idea. Now I need to decide whether to resize it a again? Or feel naked without my ring again until I'm SURE I'm done loosing ( again). Any ideas??

Wow, I don't know what to tell you. My wedding ring became loose at around 35 pounds down, and I still haven't had it resized, since I have no idea where I'm going to end up weight- or size-wise. They have those thingies that fit inside rings to snug them up--or you might consider doing what I do, which is wear it on a chain (like your high school sweetheart's class ring) until you've been at a stable size for a few months. I keep it close to my heart that way. :-)

Ooooh this is one of those frustrating NSV's that I can so totally relate to!!!!

My normal size wedding ring was about a 5.5. About 6 months ago I had to stop wearing it, because it was too loose. I went and bought a "fake" ring in a size 5. Do you know how hard it is to find a piece of costume jewlery in size 5? Well now it spins around on my hand and is practically falling off as well. I'm guessing I'm about a size 4.5 now? But I've just been waiting to get closer to goal to have my wedding ring sized. But I miss it and I want to wear it.

I say size it again...you DO NOT want to lose your ring again!

Aaaargh...frustrating!

Unfortunately I can't wear any jewelery in the bakery except my wedding ring. I also can't add anything to the ring to make it feel snugger for fear it could come out while making someones bread. I may just have to take it off again soon I guess...

OMG! I am the complete opposite! I have not been able to wear my wedding ring in sooooo long. I'm talking 5 maybe 8 YEARS!!! I refused to re-size it since it was admitting to my true weight. I know... weird thinking. My first weight loss goal is not pounds, but to be able to wear my beautiful ring again!

As for not losing it at the bakery. My old neighbor owned a bakery and she wore it on a gold chain at work. She later switched to an oversized military type chain. She said she had a hard time with the little clasp on the gold one.

Mine was 9 5/8 at the fattest and is now loose 6. I have hands like shovels though :lol:

Size 13 formerly (and it was TIGHT) , had it resized to a 10 a month or so ago and now it's a bit loose.

Prior to resizing it I had it just drop off my finger twice! Luckily I found it both times.

My wedding ring stopped fitting very early out ( less than a month out of surgery if I remember). Now to clarify, I've always had small hands- they never seemed chubby to me. My ring was a 6 1/2 size. Now that I'm at goal, and figured I was done, I bit the bullet and had my ring resized to a 4!!! "Holy moly little fingers!!" said the jeweler. I was so happy. I had it sized a bit snug so that if I lost a bit more I'd be okay. Its bloody loose again!!!!! I'm a baker and I don't take my ring off for work ( I used to and lost my ring on the floor of the bakery- never to be found again- it had to be replaced) so a loose ring is a very bad idea. Now I need to decide whether to resize it a again? Or feel naked without my ring again until I'm SURE I'm done loosing ( again). Any ideas??

Wow, lucky you!!! I'd wait til i lost all my weight and then get it resized. you could get something cheap for now if you don't want that naked feeling. . . good luck! Goodness, I have lost 150 lbs and wear a size 10 ring! Yes, very very large framed woman I am. . . : 0

@ thinoneday- I DID wait!!! Lol : )

I am past goal now and figured, " I'm shouldn't lose much more ( I'm at 132lbs now- Yay!!!) and my hands can't get much smaller cause they'll disappear soon!! Lol

Oh well, I really can't complain because rings can always be resized but my health is worth everything : )

I feel ya!

MY rings were a size 9. And, were too big very soon.

Now, they're even too big for my THUMB! And, I went to ask about having them re-sized and basically found out that the setting it is prevents it from being resized too much without risking the stones. I need it to be about a 6. And, I still have 24 pounds or so to go.

:( For now i have a simple and dainty sapphire heart ring I wear on my left hand.

I'm stuck as what to do because I already have two wedding sets. And, feel awkward asking for another. But, the second set was to Celebrate our new "Cancer FREE" life because for most of our marriage Cancer was a mistress in our marriage. So we plan to get me a new ring and use the stones of the old ones as gifts for our 5 nieces when they turn 16. 4 of the 5 really missed out on a lot of time with us with my husband being so sick so we thought it would be a sweet gesture. And, the fifth one was born while he was in remission.. but she will still benefit lol

And, the the remaining stones and main stone would be made into something special for me to treasure!

such a joy to need smaller rings but also frustrating

Get a ring guard thingy. It's a band they attach to the inside of your ring to make it smaller. It's rather inexpensive and it saves you from constant resizing until you get to your maintenance weight.

This post had me thinking....I haven't worn my wedding ring in years, it just no longer fit, so I figured I would wait until I "lost weight" and then wear it again. My husband mentioned it from time to time, but he understood, resizing it would have been an admission that I was just so overweight.

Yesterday, after reading this post, I went into my jewelry box to try it on, and low and behold, it is TOO BIG!!! So I still can't wear it. I was standing there in my bathroom, laughing. Even after losing 70 lbs in the last 4 months, it never even occured to me to try it on...

Oh well, maybe my 100 lb prize will be a new ring that matches the new me :)

This post had me thinking....I haven't worn my wedding ring in years, it just no longer fit, so I figured I would wait until I "lost weight" and then wear it again. My husband mentioned it from time to time, but he understood, resizing it would have been an admission that I was just so overweight.

Yesterday, after reading this post, I went into my jewelry box to try it on, and low and behold, it is TOO BIG!!! So I still can't wear it. I was standing there in my bathroom, laughing. Even after losing 70 lbs in the last 4 months, it never even occured to me to try it on...

Oh well, maybe my 100 lb prize will be a new ring that matches the new me :)

I got me old engagement ring and old bent wedding ring melted down and remade into a new designed by us ring, and I got a simple diamond eternity ring to wear day to day as my wedding ring when I reached goal. Kept the original husband without melting down and refashioning though :rolleyes:

I just had my engagement ring resized last week when I hit 100lbs lost. The lady at the jewerly store had to have thought I had completely lost my mind when she tried on the size 6 and it fit. I have been a size 8 or bigger ring since I was 13. It was AWESOME. I think I must have slid the ring sizer on and off my hand about 10 times, laughing out loud.

I haven't done my wedding band yet since I was advised by the jeweler that it would impact the integrety of the setting. So for now, my engagement ring holds it on and it just spins freely around my finger.