Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The difference a year can make

Well, it's been a year. I can't believe it's been a year. I will say that the year AFTER being sleeved went SO MUCH FASTER than the 7 months that I had wait while, jumping through insurance requirements to HAVE the sleeve. All that time waiting and dreaming and hoping that this would finally be the tool that I need to lose weight AND keep it off.

If you are pre-surgery, know this:

The sleeve has been everything that it promises. I never in my LIFE would have been satisfied with eating such small portions. To try and diet like this without the reinforcement of a surgically-induced smaller stomach would just be pure torture. I'm also a lucky sleever who never experiences true hunger. I never had to take a PPI and that did not change after surgery. I have never once vomitted my food back up (my advice is to always underfill your sleeve!) not even when I was still recovering from anethesia. I generally do not have any food that disagrees with me, but I do eat a pretty clean diet. I can tolerate bread, Pasta, rice & potatoes but really limit these foods because more carbs for me = less weight lost.

By eating about 5-6 small meals a day consisting mainly of Protein, I can easily accomplish 90-100g of protein daily (no shakes and no bars...I do have them on occassion but then it usually bumps me to 120+g of protein). I drink about 80-100oz of Water daily and take all my recommended Vitamins. I follow the rule of protein first, anything else will have to fit after I've had my protein. Most of my meal sizes are still between 3-5oz. I rarely go over 5oz at one meal. I also exercise almost every single day and sometimes twice a day. YEP! I do Cuves 5x a week, my treadmill/weight workout 3 times a week, exercise classes at my local rec center that are 1 hour long and range from high intensity classes where I'm sore the next day to low impact classes like water aerobics. I also ride my bike on occassion and walk whenever I get a chance.

I feel 10 years younger and my only regret is that I didn't do this surgery sooner. But I choose to live my life with no regrets, so honestly I can say that if I had this surgery 20 years ago, I'm not sure that I would have appreciated how good it feels to finally be free from the obesity monster. I'm done having kids (and have the stretch marks to prove it) and I can truly say that having this surgery was at the right time/place in my life for such a monumental change. Also my husband decided to be sleeved and he is 7 months post-op, and has lost over -60lbs. We are both committed to a longer, healthier, and happier life.

All I have left of the years of being morbidly obese are the photos. So with that, enjoy my comparisons...don't forget I'm not done or at goal yet...I plan to be here in another year saying that I'm AT GOAL and living life to the fullest in my new body!

post-34949-13813668634951_thumb.png post-34949-13813668635407_thumb.png post-34949-13813668635845_thumb.png post-34949-13813668636314_thumb.png post-34949-13813668636748_thumb.png post-34949-13813668637183_thumb.png

post-4131-13813657732697_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813657732967_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813657733383_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813657733756_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813657734185_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813657734608_thumb.jpg

Wow, the pics are great and definitely show your transformation. You have done an absolute fantastic job and your after pics you can't even tell you ever even thought about having weight issues. You look so healthy, happy, and confident!!! Congrats to you, and thanks for sharing your experience. You may not be at goal, but you certainly can't tell it by looking at you!! Beautiful smile too. Congrats to you AND your hubby and how wonderful that y'all are on this journey together and you both have the Sleeve. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics, truly inspiring!

:)

You may not be at goal, but you certainly can't tell it by looking at you!!

I couldn't agree more! You look great! I loved the picture where you are sitting down. Your femininity popped out of the picture. Made me yearn for my surgery even more! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

You didn't mention having any plastic surgery. Did you have any? If not, any plans to have any?

Woot! Great pics and such a wonderful outcome! I'm a few months behind you and share in your success.

Keep it up girl! Or should I say "keep it OFF" :)

O... M... G...

YOU LOOK SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Wow, it's been a year! I always tell the new sleevers to give it time, and in one year their whole life will have been completely changed.

NEW SLEEVERS: Look at these amazing photos... PROOF!!!

*Hugs* my dear friend... WOW!!!!

M2G... you look amazing!

You were beautiful before you lost over 80lbs... and now you are ... well, you just look amazing!

Thanks for sharing your pics... they need to go on the before and after gallery/thread!!

Congrats, me dear sleeve friend, on your brilliant transformation

Wow, well done you -- you GLOW!! :)

WOW!!! That is amazing.. You are amazing!!! Congrats and thanks for the encouragement.. I really needed that today!!!!:D

Wow chickie...aren't you all that and a bag of chips...oops I mean a bag of Protein bars! You look fabulous! I'm going to head to Curves too....I need to ramp up a bit...I find if I don't eat enough carbs, I don't loose. Actually I can't tell if I loose more on less carbs or a bit more carbs, but exercise is crucial! You look awsome! Tracy W.

WOW!!! M2G, you look BEAUTIFUL!!! You looked beautiful before and now you are looking radiant. I also love your thoughtful post! What an inspiration. Congratulations on this wonderful accomplishment!!!!!