Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long ago did you get sleeved?

So i have seen many people on here that have been say 10 months out but not much more than that. i am just wondering how long ago was your sleeve done and have you had any problems with the weight being put back on? any info would be nice.

I was sleeved January 27, 2010. No issues with weight regain ... I can definitely eat more than when I was 6 months out. But, if I do Protein first, I really get full and it stays with me.

That being said, I'm not 100% compliant with the Protein first rule. I can definitely shove in the carbs, but I try to limit those days and have my carbs on the weekends.

Best of luck to you!

from what i was told, they have only been doingg the sleeve for a few years. but, stomach cancer patients have had this done many years ago.

That being said....i'm almost 5 months. and no regrets at all.

Regaining the weight is up to you and your desire to keep it off. You can nibble all day long and put the fat back on. Like dieting to begin with, have your occasional treat, just limit yourself. If you want a few potato chips then count them out, put bag away and don't have bag around when you start to eat them. You will have times with stalling or metabolism leveling. Just try to remain focused and find way to get metabolism to burn again until you are ready to stop losing and maintain the weight you want to be at.

I'm 28.5 months out. No issue with weight regain as long you continue making good food choices. I eat very liberally in maintenance, and do not diet, but I don't eat a bunch of crap foods either.

I've gained 35lbs in my pregnancy and I'm 11 days out from delivery.

It's not hard to regain weight with ANY of the surgeries. At the end of the day, it still boils down to the choice you make on what goes in your mouth.

None of the surgeries will stop you from sucking down a 2000 calorie milkshake.

As for long term, the sleeve has been performed for nearly 10 years as a stand alone procedure, and as the first stage to DS and RNY since the early 80's for super morbidly obese patients (500-600lbs) as a safer alternative to help them lose 100-200lbs before the complicated malabsorptive component was added in a second procedure.

And, all this surgery is a partial gastrectomy which has been performed since the 1800's for stomach cancer/ulcer patients. Be it the gastrectomy is performed vertical or partially with just sections removed due to diseased tissue, gastrectomies are not new to the medical world.

I'm exactly 15 months out today - still losing weight, though only 2-3 pounds per month these days.

Thank you for all the input. I know that it is all going to be up to me at the end of the day. I have done so many diets and i love working out. I just hate doing it and not seeing the scale move ...Down that is...

I'm almost 10 months out and I'm just like Mini-me. I can eat more than what I did at 6 month BUT I still stick with 60-80 grams of Protein and about 60 oz of Water.... I'm losing around 5-8 lbs a month now - i do have some stalls but if I exercise more and up my Protein then the scale will go down

I am only 13lbs away from goal and I'm 115lbs down from surgery.

Good luck in your journey! :D