Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont even know if I can call it a stall, because its my own fault. I have been drinking a lot, and eating food that is bad for me. I literally get grossed out by the THOUGHT of eating. Then when I do eat, things just dont taste good, and I end up feeling sick after. The only things that sounded good, tasted good, and didnt make me sick are things that I shouldnt be eating. Mainly chips. I am not going to lie, I was on a white cheddar cheese its kick for about a month. Ive noticed that since the sleeve, I go through phases about a month or 2 long where I crave the same food, and will eat it non stop. Cucumbers were one. Cheese. The cheese its. Teriyake chicken.

Anyway in June I finally got under 200lbs. I stayed between 191-195 for 4 months! Finally last week I broke though and went down to 187. Today Im at 189, but whatever! LOL

So it's officially been 100lbs since I started this journey.

I found this picture...I am pretty sure I was at my heaviest...had to be pushin 3 hundy...maybe more. Im absolutely disgusted by it, and I am almost embarrassed to show people. Then I have a pic of me now. I turned the pic so I could put them side to side in the dual shot pic. And the comparison blows my mind.

I still have no self confidence. I still see the same fat girl when I look in the mirror. Maybe if I look at these pics enough I'll snap out of it.

post-2846-13813657723715_thumb.jpg

post-2846-13813657723977_thumb.jpg

post-2846-13813657726435_thumb.jpg

Ali you have done an amazing job with the weight loss. I know 4 months seems like a long time. You already identified the issues so you know what you have to do to keep it moving ;) Stop the cheez its, limit the drinking, and eat your Protein. You look great and now its time for you to feel great. You can't be feeling to good with your diet like it is. Try to focus and do what needs to be done. Utilze the board for venting and anything else you need. You lost 100lbs WOW!!! It takes some time for our brains and eyes to actually get to know eachother again.

AMAZING JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS GIRLIE :)

I am getting close to my 4 months. I to have gone through the cravings but I am fighting them. I've been so stricked with myself since the surgery. Now that I am fully healed I can eat almost everything. I've lost over 50 pds in 3 months - no complaints. But I am at a stand still. It's been over a week. I've continued to keep on my control regiment but it is discouraging to not see the scale tip my way.

Congrats on ur weight loss. You are doing fab.

I literally get grossed out by the THOUGHT of eating. Then when I do eat, things just dont taste good, and I end up feeling sick after.

This is worrisome. Have you felt this way since surgery or just recently?

You don't sound too happy on your post despite such a huge accomplishment. :( I am pre-surgery and it is confusing to me why you aren't jumping up and down? Can you elaborate?

Thank you all SO much!

Longer-life, I am happy,..I mean as happy as im going to be. I have suffered from depression my entire life & nothing has really changed as far as that since the surgery.

It hasn't been constant as far as being disgusted by food. But it's definitely more often than it should be. Everyone is different, so please don't let my story scare or discourage you. I still enjoy some foods & it's really day to day. Some says the thought & smell of chicken almost makes me vomit. Other days...I eat chicken 3 times a day.

It's hard to explain...but if you have more questions, I'll definitely try!

We were talking about this at support group last night- food tasting off-putting I mean. Doctor says usually four months but can last until 6 or longer before food tastes consistently "normal" again. I'm 16 months out and I am wondering if I will ever be able to eat deli meat again. Makes me sick just to imagine it. Strange what this surgery does to our food tolerances. I can eat pretty much everything else now except eggs.< /p>

We'll finallyyyyy today the scale moved in my favor. Dropped 3 pds. Now I can't figure this out I didn't do anything different! I am just happy i finally have results from keeping with it and not going back to my old ways of just saying " to heck with it". Thanks for the support.