Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17th - 20th Sleevers

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to one and all scheduled today and the rest of this week! We have 22 October sleevers scheduled between now and Thursday! Wow! Hope everyone is doing okay nerve-wise and that today's sleevers are all on the other side and resting peacefully!!

Let's please all check in as soon as we can so everyone knows that our little family is all okay!

My surgery is scheduled for noon tomorrow, Tuesday, Arizona time. I am ready to get this show on the road. Tired of the two week fast.

My hospital, Banner Gateway, in Mesa, AZ has internet so I will take my little netbook and give you all an update when possible.

Good luck to everybody!

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to one and all scheduled today and the rest of this week! We have 22 October sleevers scheduled between now and Thursday! Wow! Hope everyone is doing okay nerve-wise and that today's sleevers are all on the other side and resting peacefully!!

Let's please all check in as soon as we can so everyone knows that our little family is all okay!

Thanks, Ren, for checking in! I know you're sore and tired but we appreciate hearing from you!!

im home very sore just remembering to sip sip sip im on full liquids right now so sugar free pudding is ok as well as Jello too tired to continue typing goodluck all<3

Hi Everyone! I am returned home today after a successful surgery on Monday, Oct 17. Everything went well with no complications and I really only had one bad day, pain-wise on Monday and Monday evening. By Tuesday, the pain was noticably better and by this morning when I was getting ready to come home, things were also much imporved. Right now I am working on getting all my liquids in and tomorrow I start my full regimen of Clear Liquids and full liquids and Vitamins. I was feeling a little nauseous this afternoon after drinking some V8 juice. Maybe I did it too quickly. Drinking really slow is important. It is really pouring rain today, so am hoping to get more walking in tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone still on the Roster to get your surgery -- MinniMommie, you are tomorrow!!! Best of luck to you especially since you have done such a good job in keeping us all together!

And best to all my Oct 17 and 18 buddies as well -- and everyone else!! :D This is a great forum.

Love,

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit.

Hi all,

I came home today after being sleevd Monday the.17th. I won't lie, the surgery day and second day were pretty bad pain wise. I questioned why I had done this to myself. My blood pressure, which had never been high before, went out of control so I spent two nights in hospital. I was only able to start walking a few steps at a time today. I got really scared this morning because there was an electrical fire right outside my hospital room door. The nurses used the fire extinguisher and then tons of firefighters came and got the fire under control. The excitement made my BP spike again but by 3 pm it was good enough to go home. I am still taking things a moment at a time. Wishing I was one of those who seem to cruise thru the process, but I'll get there eventally. Hope all of you are doing well. Leah (aka mamasez)

Hi all,

I came home today after being sleevd Monday the.17th. I won't lie, the surgery day and second day were pretty bad pain wise. I questioned why I had done this to myself. My blood pressure, which had never been high before, went out of control so I spent two nights in hospital. I was only able to start walking a few steps at a time today. I got really scared this morning because there was an electrical fire right outside my hospital room door. The nurses used the fire extinguisher and then tons of firefighters came and got the fire under control. The excitement made my BP spike again but by 3 pm it was good enough to go home. I am still taking things a moment at a time. Wishing I was one of those who seem to cruise thru the process, but I'll get there eventally. Hope all of you are doing well. Leah (aka mamasez)

Glad you are home and doing well. I am 6 days post-op and I promise you it does get better soon!! Rebecca

had my sleeve done yesterday, it was an alright day pain wise, was quite nauseous last night. Feeling great today, walking quite a bit and sip sip sipping away. Go for my leak test tomorrow and then fly home friday. I will post my entire experience once I am home. Hope all the other Oct sleevers are doing well

Hi Forum Family!!

I was sleeved on Monday, October 17th and released from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Everyday is better than the next. Just wishing I could fast forward to 4 weeks post op. On Monday and Tuesday i definitely had the "Whyyyyy did I dooooo this to myselllllfffff!!" thoughts & feelings. But looking at myself in the mirror, I understand why. And I HAVE NO REGRETS!! The pain is gone, the gas is virtually gone, and I feel like myself again.

THE GOOD:

I can see the weight loss in my face, fingers, and my bra straps are too big (not the cups)! YESSSSS!! I haven't weighed myself yet, I am trying to wait until 1 week post-op.

THE BAD:

The blood thinner shots. I apparently didn't do enough research, because I didn't know I would have to do this. Needles freak me out, but like the pain, it gets better from day to day.

THE UGLY:

My belly. It looks like I am carrying a 5month old fetus!! LMAO! I know that the baby bump is just the swelling & it will go down soon. I just thought this was really funny.

I look forward to following your journeys Sleeve Sisters & Brothers.

☮&♥

I was sleeved on the 19th and came home from hospital on 20th. I had "buyers remorse" for a

couple of hours today. I actually told my husband "I want my tummy and my

money back!" :blink: I am having such a hard time getting comfortable anywhere! This gas that is

trapped under my rib cage is very painful so I just pace the floor. Hoping for

a better night tonight. I agree some warning should come with those Heparin

shots.. DANG they burn! And yes someone should have told you pre surgery you

would come out looking like you were about to deliver a set of small twins. Believe it or

not after all of that, I have lost 3 pounds. Yea you heard me 3 lbs in one day!!! Hope all

is well with my sleever family. This forum has been truly a God send!

Glad to hear that our October Sleevers are kickin butt and takin names! I am proud of each of us. I wondered how open & honest I should be about my surgical experience but since it was important to me to hear pre-op what the process was *really* like for others, I decided to share the positives and negatives (sorry ren). As most sleevers have reported, it does get better as time goes on. Maybe my experience was a bit rougher than for some others b/c not only am I a self-confessed pain wimp but I'm also not a kid anymore (49).

Hope everone is resting easy!

I was also sleeved on Oct 17th.. woohoo!! Day 1 - I HATED myself for having to do this.. Day 2 much better.. I had a mandatory 4 day stay in the hospital.. which I did appreciate since they were better able to control my pain that way.. by Yesterday I was packed and ready by the time my bariatric team came to visit me at 7am! I am also feeling really bloated! I can already tell a huge difference in the way I feel in general about food.. I have been cooking like crazy for my family today (5 kids and a husband) and have not been tempted in the least to even try a bite.. not only am I not hungry.. but I am not having cravings!! THAT IS AWESOME! I am so glad I did this... I can't wait to get back in the gym in a couple weeks and get this show on the road.. I have a goal to meet before my 30th Birthday next month!!

Hi you guys.

I had my sleeve by 9am on 10/18 and after surgery had the thought of this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever done but I'm beyond that now.

Having difficulty getting everything in but doing better. I have sharp pains that make it difficult to walk and move. I'm also getting a weird strong hunger pain in my stomach and trying to decide if that's its way of saying - hey kc -ur full.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Hey Oct sleevers. My surgery was on Oct 18th. That night was pretty rough because of the gas pain in my back - not because of any pain in my abdomen! :()

Once we figured out what combo of walking, pain med and nausea control med worked, the night went much better! It is really weird not to be hungry! That first hospital tray didn't get a good workout. LOL. Popsicle, two sips of iced tea and four sips of broth and I was done! I just moved to full liquids after traveling home to Bermuda today from Myrtle beach, SC where I had the surgery with Dr. Morris Washington. He's a great surgeon and I'd recommend him to anyone! I'm exhausted! I did manage to get in four teaspoons of creamed Soup. Going to work on my fluids and get some rest. So glad the October slivers are doing well! Looking forward to the losers journey together!