Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, I am in my 11th week and down 40 pounds with 15 to go to get at my revised goal of 180.

I am at point of slowing down and still making goal somewhere between week 20 and 24.

So, to moderate loss to a comfortable level, like to snack on Peanut Butter and a few saltines or an occasional ice cream cone.

I know from reading this board I am not alone.

So what is your cheat food?

As of today I am 5 weeks out from surgery and sad to say I have had my fare share of cheat treats. There's this trail mix that I like. I don't eat the whole bag, not even half, but I do snack on a few peanuts, almonds, cashews and raisins...yummm! I have also had a few cheese curls and some doritos. Not bags but I've eaten around 7 cheese curls once or twice and maybe 3 doritos another time. Carbs...why are they so good?!

Oh boy....my list is gonna be a long one. I'm almost 6 weeks out and already i've had at least 1 cup full of Lay's Original potato chips, 2 McNuggets, 1 Hooter's Wing (took the breading off at least), 2 or 3 cheetos.... Wow, that sounds like a lot doesn't it? But amazingly, my body is still losing weight at a very agreeable rate. I'm still a little scared to eat breads.

I will be 6 months out in just a couple of days. WOOP WOOP!! Almost at goal too!

I honestly can say that I didn't eat ANYTHING I was not supposed to until about a few weeks ago. I now have an occasional sugar free dark chocolate a time or two a week or a few goldfish crackers, but other than than, I stick to my Protein first and then a bite or two of veggies and some fruit.

We are not perfect and I say if you want something, have it. You can in no way eat like you did before, so don't deprive yourself.!!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

i have had some chocolate once or twice ;)

i dont understand why that doesnt make me throw up, but when i eat right (yesterday i had one egg scrambled with some cheese on it-tasted great going down, not so great coming right back up) i get sick?

not always but i have never gotten sick off of chocolate :P

I was pretty strict through month four. Then I relaxed a little. I had a sip of wine, occasionally a little dark chocolate square. I've also had a small fingerling potatoe with my meal of Protein and veggies, and I've had a few pitas with cheese for Snacks. I would attribute my "stalls" to this except that I stalled more so before when I stayed on program perfectly. I definitely don't overdo and it's only been on very few occasions. But, as someone already said, it's nowhere near what I may have eaten before. It really is a "bite"!!! So, with the working out I think it gets burned off :-) No matter, it helps me feel "normal" and that I will be able to do this "forever." I just feel control now that I didn't before, even if I have something "not so good for you" - it 's just a bite, rarely more than twice in one week, and I've still remained around 600 to 800 calories.

LOL! Didn't you know? chocolate is MEDICINE! ;):):rolleyes:

i dont understand why that doesnt make me throw up, but when i eat right (yesterday i had one egg scrambled with some cheese on it-tasted great going down, not so great coming right back up) i get sick?

That's exactly my problem!!! I threw up a scrambled egg but PB cups go right down just fine. Not good!

Today I cut up a pear and had few slices with some cheddar cheese. Thankfully that sat well with the sleeve.

Does anyone else have no appetite in the morning? I can't stomach anything until about 11 am and then I eat a little bit every couple hours until about 5 or 6. Then I'm done for the day. Very weird!

I dont' have much of an appetite in the morning. But, I dtry to drink a thinned out Protein shake on the way to work or first hour into the work day because if I don't, I get hit with this intense (very uncomfortable) hunger around 10am.

That's exactly my problem!!! I threw up a scrambled egg but PB cups go right down just fine. Not good!

Today I cut up a pear and had few slices with some cheddar cheese. Thankfully that sat well with the sleeve.

Does anyone else have no appetite in the morning? I can't stomach anything until about 11 am and then I eat a little bit every couple hours until about 5 or 6. Then I'm done for the day. Very weird!

Okay, I am in my 11th week and down 40 pounds with 15 to go to get at my revised goal of 180.

I am at point of slowing down and still making goal somewhere between week 20 and 24.

So, to moderate loss to a comfortable level, like to snack on Peanut Butter and a few saltines or an occasional ice cream cone.

I know from reading this board I am not alone.

So what is your cheat food?

EVERYTHING!! I love everything. . . only in smaller amounts of course!

That is why they are called slider foods. They go down easily and don't have any nutritional value, therefore you don't feel much if any restriction form them. That is why they should be avoided because they are empty calories and you can eat a lot of them!!

Kelly

for me its red wine and some chocolate- a few crackers when i need a bit of a crunch.. but i am trying to stick to the plan because i need to get to my goal...:-)

One of the reasons why I got this surgery was so that I don't have to diet anymore. I always do Protein first, and since I am only 5 weeks out that is generally all I can get in. But on my sister's b-day yesterday, guess what I shared a mini cupcake with her... it was great and I don't feel guilty over it at all. I got this surgery to be "normal", and normal people will eat a piece of cake without feeling guilty. The difference is that I don't eat the whole cake anymore. I don't eat the entire tub of ice cream. It is great and I feel amazing!

@ PhatGurl80, not that I am trying to encourage you to try it, but breads (at least for me) go down with no problem. Jus this week for Breakfast I had 2 pieces of bacon and a piece of rye toast and not only was it delicious but it went down without a hitch.