Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kelly patients: anyone willing to talk to my husband about your experience?

My husband is more nervous than I about surgery. VERY skeptical, and believes positive testimonials are likely staffers and coordinators.

If anyone who has had surgery with Dr. Kelly is willing to talk to my husband to calm his nerves and assure him that there are indeed, real people who have had genuinely positive experiences with Dr. Kelly it would be SOOO helpful for me. My surgery is 3 weeks away!

Please send me a private message if so, he is actually quite easy ta

I was sleeved by Dr Kelly on July 25th of this year. I traveled alone, and had absolutely no complaints. Feel free to PM me :)

oh, and I am down 50 pounds!! Dr Kelly is amazing

Thank you Tara! I am just 3 weeks away from surgery, and he is becoming concerned and skeptical. I do not want to have him trying to sway me away from surgery at the last minute! I have been doing months of research on VSG and Dr. Kelly, and though I'm quite confident with my choice, I know he will find things about him he is unsure about.

Hey BrittanyMy husband is also skeptical and does not like the thought of the VSG since it's permanent. Get on You tube and show him some of the videos on there. There's some people that have done video journals of their VSG journey. A really good one is gastricsleevereview... I think that's the name of the gal that posted her videos. Anyway, I'm sure you've probably watched them too, but try not to stress about it, because the more you stress, the more he'll stress about it. I've actually quit bringing it up with my husband, because I think it was more me that was stressing than him. :) Hope to see you there in a few weeks!

Hello!!! I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly on September 27th! If you would like any more information you can PM me. My husband also accompanied me so he would be able to give you his perspective as well. :) Have a great night!!

--Krystal

My husband is more nervous than I about surgery. VERY skeptical, and believes positive testimonials are likely staffers and coordinators.

If anyone who has had surgery with Dr. Kelly is willing to talk to my husband to calm his nerves and assure him that there are indeed, real people who have had genuinely positive experiences with Dr. Kelly it would be SOOO helpful for me. My surgery is 3 weeks away!

Please send me a private message if so, he is actually quite easy ta

Great job Tara!

I was sleeved by Dr Kelly on July 25th of this year. I traveled alone, and had absolutely no complaints. Feel free to PM me :)

oh, and I am down 50 pounds!! Dr Kelly is amazing

My friend and I had surgery with Dr. Kelly on 09/02. NO issues, felt safe and my recovery well I felt like I didn't even have surgery. I had little to almost no pain or discomfort, but I got up and walked around as soon as they would let me.

NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER.

But to me I seem to be a slow loser, because I have only lost 13lbs since surgery. BUT I have always had a hard time take the weight off due to diabetes.

Great experience glad I did, scale going down not up. So that is always a good thing.

Laura

Thank you Tara! I am just 3 weeks away from surgery, and he is becoming concerned and skeptical. I do not want to have him trying to sway me away from surgery at the last minute! I have been doing months of research on VSG and Dr. Kelly, and though I'm quite confident with my choice, I know he will find things about him he is unsure about.

NO, sorry I am sleepy this am. I started working out in the morning last week and I am still getting use to getting up early. I meant I had an easy surgery on 09/02 and have only lost 13lbs.

My friend she has a lot more to lose than I did and she had a little more difficulty, but she is also older than me as well.

I had no issues at all, felt back to myself the same day.

Laura

Wannasleeve: 13 lbs is still plenty of weight! I'm glad to hear your friend had such an easy surgery, I hope mine will be too! I am very optimistic.

When was your surgery?

I am being sleeved by Dr. Kelly November 5th and I will be going alone due to hubby watching my kids...He is not happy about the surgery and me going to Mexico...I stopeed bringing it up to him...

Shellinsons- sorry to hear that, I am in a similar boat! Please pm me so we can keep in contact- I'll likely be there as you're recovering. My mom is my companion, my husband could not get all the time off work as it is, and it's a nice time for she and I to hang out.

I was there July 26th with Dr Kelly. Easy breezy. My 75 yr old father went with me. He was impressed with the whole set up. He would have paid for me to have it done stateside if he wasnt impressed once we got there. Had a nice time, nice hotel.

I had to plant the seed with my husband awhile ago. He was terrified at the thought of a 'Mexican Surgery'. Every once in awhile I would send him links to this forum and the obesityhelp forum so that he would have resources. I also had to leverage the fact that he knows that I would never take any scary risks that would harm myself and that I'm a helluva researcher. I know my stuff!!!

Now my husband has totally signed off on it and I'm even going by myself while he stays at home to watch the kids.

Good Luck!

Carrie