Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BAAAAAAAAAD Week!! :-(

So those who have read my posts know of my obsession with the scale and my fears of losing sooooo slowly. So since I was giving myself ulcers worrying about my weight and on / off the scale 10x's a day I have FORCED myself (it's been a struggle) to ONLY get on the scale on Saturday mornings. So... I started that 9/17/11 and I've consistently lost 4lbs each week. So I've been a pretty happy camper. Then ... today ... 1lb down. Yes ... I'm happy it was a minus instead of a gain however .... it's missing the other 3lbs. lol I got on the scale like 5x's in a row just to see if it was going to change. LOL

The GOOD thing is that I've already been thinking about what I've done differntly in the past week and I see a LOT of opportunities for improvement.

#1 ... Protein, Protein, Protein (the GOOD kind). As I type this I'm forcing down a 30g premeire Protein shake. Mmmm Mmmm goood :(. I've been eating breaded chicken nuggets, a tablespoon of mashed or a few noodles with my protein. I need to get back to the lean and mean Proteins. No breading just plain old chicken or fish.

#2 ... Last week was a toughy I went through a break up that was looong overdue but still hurts. Which led me to Pillsbury Sweet Moments, Bite Sized Brownie Bites .... Now that I think about it ... my ex purchased those for me!! I think it was a secret attempt to get me to gain weight as his parting gift ... LMAO. Anywho ... I called myself "rationing" them out and led myself to believe they weren't really that bad because I wasn't eating an entire serving size. NUT FACTS: 3 pieces (serving) ... I would only eat 2 pieces! LOL Calories (per serv) 180 , Carb 25g, Sugar 19g , Protein 2 g. I was eating 2 per day since Sunday soooo let's just say I got my fair share! I can't bring myself to throw away good chocolate so ... I'm going to let my daughter take them to school with her on Monday. I'm confident NONE will return. lol In addition to that he cooked a HUGE pan of lasagna last week also. Bad, Bad, Baaad. It was just a rough food week all the way around.

#3 Not much movement barely any walking and only 1 day at the gym. I did a hot hula fitness class that I will go back and try again.

#4 Barely any sleep and stressing out because I'm STILL looking for a new job. I have to force myself to turn my mind off to get some sleep. My daughter has to be at the bus stop at 5:49am so I have to get up at 4ish to make sure she's up and getting ready ... then take her to the bus stop. I usually go to bed after midnight (if I'm lucky). The bus stop isn't too far so sometimes we walk (if we leave on time). So I do get a bit of exercise then. Then when I get home I'm so tired I lay back down until 10-12pm which throws my whole eating cycle off because when I get up I don't really eat. I might eat for the first time around 1pm.

#5 Plus Aunt Flo made a visit. TMI SOOORRRYY. lol However, this is actually a PLUS because as I gained weight over the years I was very very irregular. Prior to me gaining all the weight I was like clockwork every month. Well ... since my surgery and losing 37lbs (including pre op diet) I'm getting back to regular again!! :-)

So ... next week I WILL do better. I'm going to the grocery store this weekend and get more of my fave FF cottage cheese along with other GOOD proteins. I'm going to make it my mission to move my butt more in the exercise portion of things. I'm going to "try" to stop stressing about the lack of employment opportunities here in wonderful Las Vegas. You'd think that if studies show less than 20% of Nevada residents have a Bachelors and I have that plus I'm currently working on my MBA there would be no WAY I wouldn't have a job by now!! I digress ... sorry. Moving on ...

I'm going to STOP thinking the "what if's" pertaining to my ex. I'm going to stop watching Say Yes to the Dress, Four Weddings, and A Baby Story every freaking day!

Last but not least I'm giong to stop beating myself up about everything that I'm NOT doing and focus on the POSITIVES in my life!

Thanks all for letting me vent. Hope everyone else had a MUCH better week!

You have a great attitude-we are human- all we can do is forgive ourselves and move forward! Big hugs to you for the stress- you know what to do and I have faith you will do it!

1lb lost is still a pound lost. I am starting to experience what you used to go through. I am so tempted to constantly look at the scale. My first 2 weeks post op I lost 1 lb a day or more. Then between week 2 and 3 I had a 5 day stall and only ended up losing like 2-3 lbs. Part of me feels I am losing too slowly but then I just have to remember every pount lost is a pound I don't have to worry about next week.

I give you so much credit for being able to assess and realize why the scale may not have been as kind as you wanted, but after your time of the month I think you will get a nice loss.

I am in the same boat! In a way. I have been finding too many opportunities to cheat on my diet....I went to an event that had a chocolate fountain, gilato ice cream and cannolli's, yes, I enjoyed all of it! Just went to a babyshower and had chocolate covered pretzled all different chips, doritos and cake! Ugh, I HAVE TO get back on track! My old ugly habbits are coming back and I am so upset with myself! We did this surgery for a reason and we owe it to ourself to work the sleeve the best we can! We can do it!!! Good luck!

I think if you add in the weight of your Ex, you've lost a lot more than 1 lb! cool.gif(not trying to be rude, just trying to lift you up) You're doing great! Get back on track & enjoy your success!

You are doing so well, don't let this little blip on the radar get you down. You have a lot going on and I think you are amazing for being able to handle it all. Getting up at 4am? I applaud you.biggrin.gif

The fact that you have figured out what is going on with your diet tells me you will be able to get it under control. I wish you good luck. And sorry about your break-up!

I think if you add in the weight of your Ex, you've lost a lot more than 1 lb! cool.gif(not trying to be rude, just trying to lift you up) You're doing great! Get back on track & enjoy your success!

Haha!!! I know this is right!

@Sunny702, Hey, there's a reason for everything - and everyONE. One thing is true, the right one will replace the seat left by your boyfriend. Maybe he's a chubby chaser...??? LOL :P

I'm glad to hear youre not letting that stray you anymore and getting back on track. You'll show him!!! I just want to add that I don't think most folks really pay attention to HOW much sugar they are consuming. Two tiny squares is 20g sugar??? Wow... and how many people REALLY only eat one serving? I know back in the day, I'd eat far more than one serving.

Good luck to you!! Oh and very EXCELLENT on continuing your education!

LOL yes ... I technically lost about 240 lbs. LOL Don't think he was a chubby chaser ... I was muuuuuuuuch smaller when we got together. We had other issues... lol It probably would've been easier if it was weight related.

I was eating 2 per day for a week so I got a ton of chocolatey sugar last week. LOL

This week will be better!!!

Thanks the well wishes on school!!!

Hey Sunny!!!

I hope things are better today!! Girl, we all go through those times.. I haven't been sleeved yet... but I'm struggling w/ exercising like i need to... Each day I'm trying to do more.. walking down the stairs at work instead of using the elevator... actually parking in my garage and walking around to enter my condo through the front...

I understand about the whole emotional roller coaster relationships can be too.. LOL.. part of me can hardly wait to get sleeved, lose a bunch of weight and then see my ex at our class reunion!! LOL.. Then I think about it... this has nothing to do w/ him or one of my other friends who is really against me having surgery... It's about knowing that I'm worth the hard work, dedication and discipline that it will take to attain and maintain a healthy weight... (But I am going to look FLY on our reunion cruise!! LOL)...

Keep your head up!! It's excellent that you are self-reflective.. Remember, you have someone in Chicago rooting for you!!!