Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you lose your curves??

Hey AA Sisters. I am a very curvy woman and I am scared that I am gonna lose some of my voluptuousness. LOL! Truth is though, if I have to lose some curves to lose 85 pounds, I'm OK with that too.

Peace&Love

Hey AA Sisters. I am a very curvy woman and I am scared that I am gonna lose some of my voluptuousness. LOL! Truth is though, if I have to lose some curves to lose 85 pounds, I'm OK with that too.

Peace&Love

I've lost 142 pounds and my curves are still there. In the beginning I hated them but now I finally like how I look. Curves and all :D

Thank you ladies! I am def glad to hear that!

LR6909: You are halfway there girl!! Congrats! Has your journey been harder or about the same as you thought it would be.

Nikkeystar: Same question to you, as someone who has almost reached their goal (CONGRATS!! I cant imagine how great you feel for accomplishing that) was it harder, easier, or about the same?

Really it hasn't been bad at all. My major issue was motion sickness-but the patch they put on you in the hospital helped me so much! The only thing I have issues with is eggs-done any style, meatballs from Maggiano's, slightly grilled shrimp instead of really grilled and the grits from Alonti - all of that is because of texture. I missed the mushie stage because of the motion sickness-I didn't want much of anything until I got a refill on the Patches. Smile

I am really happy with my sleeve. Remember it is a tool and for me, it is really effective. I can't even attempt to eat an entire Pasta mardi GRAS from Pappadeaux. I have a little-about an ounce of mostly the grilled shrimp and a piece of sausage and I am done. Or going to Pappasitos on Wednesday's for the half price fajitas--hubby loves it! I eat a piece of chicken and a smal piece of beef and maybe twobshrimp from the Tijuana and I am done for the night. Before we both ould have our own entree.

It's a tool. Getting back into the gym was a challenge. I used to love the mat at 24 hour fitness. Now I can only get on it for 7-0 minutes and then go to the treadmill or elliptical because I am usually spent. I know I have to build up to it. Now since I am past my 6 weeks, I plan to incorporate weights gradually.

I really didnt have much pain. My cycles are slowly being normalized. I used to go 23 days and now I am close to 28 days. So it's all good. I am back at work and will have surgery on my leg to remove a rod (another story) at the end of November.

Thank you ladies! I am def glad to hear that!

LR6909: You are halfway there girl!! Congrats! Has your journey been harder or about the same as you thought it would be.

Nikkeystar: Same question to you, as someone who has almost reached their goal (CONGRATS!! I cant imagine how great you feel for accomplishing that) was it harder, easier, or about the same?

It hasn't been easy but I would do all over again. I haven't been sick or anything like that but sometimes I still forget to eat and take my Vitamins but I'm working on it and getting better. I can't believe that I'm almost at goal and I'm finally loving what I see when I look in the mirror.

HEY LR6909 I NOTICED YOU SAID YOU MISSED YOUR MUSHIE STAGE, I WAS RECENTLY SLEEVED ON OCTOBER 6 AND I AM ABSOLUTELY HATING THE liquid STAGE I DONT LIKE broth AND I DONT LIKE CREAM Soup, I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME, O AND IM SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE liquid diet FOR 2 WEEKS CORRECT???

Really it hasn't been bad at all. My major issue was motion sickness-but the patch they put on you in the hospital helped me so much! The only thing I have issues with is eggs-done any style, meatballs from Maggiano's, slightly grilled shrimp instead of really grilled and the grits from Alonti - all of that is because of texture. I missed the mushie stage because of the motion sickness-I didn't want much of anything until I got a refill on the Patches. Smile

I am really happy with my sleeve. Remember it is a tool and for me, it is really effective. I can't even attempt to eat an entire Pasta mardi GRAS from Pappadeaux. I have a little-about an ounce of mostly the grilled shrimp and a piece of sausage and I am done. Or going to Pappasitos on Wednesday's for the half price fajitas--hubby loves it! I eat a piece of chicken and a smal piece of beef and maybe twobshrimp from the Tijuana and I am done for the night. Before we both ould have our own entree.

It's a tool. Getting back into the gym was a challenge. I used to love the mat at 24 hour fitness. Now I can only get on it for 7-0 minutes and then go to the treadmill or elliptical because I am usually spent. I know I have to build up to it. Now since I am past my 6 weeks, I plan to incorporate weights gradually.

I really didnt have much pain. My cycles are slowly being normalized. I used to go 23 days and now I am close to 28 days. So it's all good. I am back at work and will have surgery on my leg to remove a rod (another story) at the end of November.

Congratulations! I missed the whole mushie stage because I was sick all the time because of the motion sickness. I had broth, cream Soups and shakes and quickly got tired of smelling all of them.

I also tried the Isopure that looks like a gatorade knock-off. :-) Cream of Wheat didn't set well with me. I was able to eat instant butter grits. YUM. I was able to get rotisserie chicken salad from HEB and chewed the mess out of it and avoided the celery. I thought I was in heaven! Another lady on another board suggested red Beans and rice with no rice from Popeye's. That worked for me too.

Yes, you are supposed to be on the liquid diet for 2 weeks.

o yeah i tried the Isopure and didnt like it lol...u ate Beans and grits during your liquid diet? or your soft diet, im a little confused

Congratulations! I missed the whole mushie stage because I was sick all the time because of the motion sickness. I had broth, cream Soups and shakes and quickly got tired of smelling all of them.

I also tried the Isopure that looks like a gatorade knock-off. :-) Cream of Wheat didn't set well with me. I was able to eat instant butter grits. YUM. I was able to get rotisserie chicken salad from HEB and chewed the mess out of it and avoided the celery. I thought I was in heaven! Another lady on another board suggested red Beans and rice with no rice from Popeye's. That worked for me too.

Yes, you are supposed to be on the liquid diet for 2 weeks.

I didn't like Isopure either. I would drink 2 oz and be about to puke. No, I ate the grits and red Beans during the soft stage which was about 3 weeks. It is not too much my sleeve doesn't like. :-)

I still have problems with some textures like lightly grilled shrimp or handmand meatballs from Maggiano's and tastes (chili) but that's it. I am real sensitive to salt. Anything too salty turns me off.

Hubby wanted to go to Red Lobster for the never ending shrimp on Sunday. I got the stuffed mushrooms but towards the end I couldn't chew or stomach anymore of the stuffing of the mushrooms and made him eat it.

Peace&Love

Well, I'm not AA but I'm mixed Mexican/Filipina - so maybe I can help out some folks that might read this. IMO I really did great with my curves. I was able to do some toning workouts that scultped my body along during weight loss mode. I don't know about anyone else, but this was a really big deal to me. I NEVER wanted to get too thin. I'm not saying its bad, I just don't think for my frame I look good like that. I look my best on the little bit bigger side (not fat, just 'thicker' ya know?).

The only problems I ended up with is I lost a WHOLE LOT of weight up top but while I still needed to lose some on bottom. My boobs totally shriveled up! I was a 42D before surgery and ended up a 34B/C. Trust me, the boobs were flattened pancakes, so even the B/C looked wrinkly and bad. I got a straight up breast augmentation to "re-fill" them. I did it for me, because I felt really self conscious about my boobs. I loved my boobs before they shriveled up! Well, thank goodness for PS because I once again feel much more proportionate and sexy!! :)

I do still feel like my thighs are too big, but to avoid much more weight loss on top right now, I'm just going to have my thighs lipo'd. Once that's over and done with (next month) I'm going to 100% completely finish product! And still with all the lovely curves of a sexy woman!

My skin held up really great too. I know ethnicity plays some role in this, so I think most here will end up ok. :) Be blessed and enjoy the journey! It's really all worth it in the end, no matter what the outcome is. Because #1 your health will improve drastically and #2, well if there are any imperfections, there's nothing a little proper clothing or PS won't fix.

I am a little like LilMissDiva. I am losing everything up top and pretty much nothing on bottom. I am hoping I will start losing on bottom some time in the future.

Thank you everyone for the responses. I'm sure some of the goodies will go away, but if I could get to goal and reverse some of the damage I have done to myself internally, I will be overjoyed! I just want to get outta these plus sized clothes. I'm sick of paying that extra $10!! ;)

ooo okay lol that sounds pretty delicious, i guess i just need to deal with the liquid diet for one more week...have any of you ladies incorporated pureed during your liquid stage if so how did that work out for you?

I didn't like Isopure either. I would drink 2 oz and be about to puke. No, I ate the grits and red Beans during the soft stage which was about 3 weeks. It is not too much my sleeve doesn't like. :-)

I still have problems with some textures like lightly grilled shrimp or handmand meatballs from Maggiano's and tastes (chili) but that's it. I am real sensitive to salt. Anything too salty turns me off.

Hubby wanted to go to Red Lobster for the never ending shrimp on Sunday. I got the stuffed mushrooms but towards the end I couldn't chew or stomach anymore of the stuffing of the mushrooms and made him eat it.

ooo okay lol that sounds pretty delicious, i guess i just need to deal with the liquid diet for one more week...have any of you ladies incorporated pureed during your liquid stage if so how did that work out for you?

Towrd the end of my liquids, I think within a day or so I decided to buy me some egg drop chinese Soup. I pureed it as much as I could and it seemed to work out okay. Try that first, because really its still a liquid - just not too thick. I have to tell you, that was the best tasting soup ever!!!