Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV - Food Tastes SO D**N GOOD . . .

I am still surprised at how eating less food than I have ever in my life has made me appreciate the tastes of food so accutely. My husband made me one of the best meals I ever eaten tonight - it was amazing. Simple - a perfectly prepared omelet and some absolutely ripe sliced garden (REAL) tomatoes. The food tastes exploded in my mouth like I was eating pop-rocks. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the experience of eating. :o

I used to eat until I was numb and the food didn't even taste good at the point I would stop - I was full to the point was miserable and about to gag. The sleeve surgery has given me back the gift of enjoying food. I don't care if I ever eat a white carb again if I can keep this appreciation of a well prepared meal.

I don't think I've picked up a salt shaker for the last 10 months, most food has enough salt already but I used to add more anyway, now everything tastes salty enough and it all tastes GREAT!

Before surgery, nothing but junk food would satisfy my cravings...stuff like french fries and chocolate donuts. Not any more! Now the healthier it is the more I like it. i.e., salmon, spinach, peanuts...they are all manna from heaven!!

Before surgery, nothing but junk food would satisfy my cravings...stuff like french fries and chocolate donuts. Not any more! Now the healthier it is the more I like it. i.e., salmon, spinach, peanuts...they are all manna from heaven!!

I so agree! I have found myself making better food choices even where there is perfectly yummy junk food laying right theretongue.gif

I also agree with the savoring each thing I eat now. When you can eat so little, you learn to really taste every thing.

And sweet stuff is mostly icky sweet too, I barely touch the stuff. My tastes run more to the spicy and I like bitter stuff now, like dark chocolate bitter where before it was milk chocolate or nothing!

Sounds like a dream come true, Sharon. I am looking forward to the day that I truly appreciate a good meal like you described. You know you are in a good <great> place when you ENJOY the food, no matter how small or large the portion, and you are not stuffing yourself for no good reason. Congrats on all the success you are experiencing along your journey!

Leah