Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, New here

Hi everyone!

I am new and thought I would introduce myself.

I am Christina. :)

I am about 2 weeks out from my surgery. Started my 2 week pre-op diet this past Saturday.

My father had gastric bypass about 5 years ago and has done awesome. So well in fact he

is the "poster boy" for the dr and his new clinic here in San Antonio. They have him on billboards,

radio commercials, pamphlets etc.

It's cool though having someone as knowledgable and encouraging in the family. He answers all my questions

and gives me tips and advice. He is even doing the 2 week pre-op diet with me.

I have about 150lbs to lose which seems so overwhelming. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism both of which provide

wonderful road blocks when trying to lose weight on my own. <_<

The dr and I decided the sleeve was the best surgery for me. As far as we know I don't have diabetes, the blood tests I go to this week will

reveal if that is still true or not. Plus the fact that my husband and I would like to try and have a child later. I could have the gastric bypass

and still have a child later but my dr felt there would be less chance of any complications with the sleeve. He also said he thinks

I will be just as successful with the sleeve as I would with the bypass.

I don't have a for sure surgery date yet. Like I said I get my blood tests this week and my psych eval is Thurs of next week.

I am not going through insurance so I don't have as many hoops to jump through and once those two things are done

I am set for surgery which is why they started me on my pre-op diet.

I am sorry if this is all scattered I think I have liquid diet brain. :P

Well anywho, I have read a bunch of helpful posts on here already and I am looking forward to reading more and getting to know everyone

and sharing experiences and such. :D

Hi Christina and :welcome: !!

Good luck on your pre op diet! Those are so tough, but remember, and weight you lose now are Lbs you won't have to battle after surgery. :)

That is fabulous regarding your father, I bet you are so proud of his success! Congrats to you BOTH for doing what needed to be done to battle the obesity. I wish all of us that CAN do it, WOULD do it!

Please do always chime in, ask questions and keep us updated on how you're progressing. Let us know when you get a date set in stone!!

Hi Christina and :welcome: !!

Good luck on your pre op diet! Those are so tough, but remember, and weight you lose now are Lbs you won't have to battle after surgery. :)

That is fabulous regarding your father, I bet you are so proud of his success! Congrats to you BOTH for doing what needed to be done to battle the obesity. I wish all of us that CAN do it, WOULD do it!

Please do always chime in, ask questions and keep us updated on how you're progressing. Let us know when you get a date set in stone!!

Thank you so much! Dr office called a few minutes ago and said probably Oct 17th or 18th but they will have more info at the support group meeting on Wednesday night. I am getting excited and nervous.

Going to take a bunch of before pictures and just took my measurements so I can keep track of them as I lose the weight.

Thank you so much! Dr office called a few minutes ago and said probably Oct 17th or 18th but they will have more info at the support group meeting on Wednesday night. I am getting excited and nervous.

Going to take a bunch of before pictures and just took my measurements so I can keep track of them as I lose the weight.

Great news!! Its totally normal to get excited and nervous... I know I was. It has certainly all been worth it though! ;)

Hello. Welcome. You sound very well informed. Having your dad as support and inspiration will be great. There are several of us from San Antonio on the board. We've all done well. Those couple of weeks to surgery will pass really quickly. Before you know it you will be on your journey in earnest!

Hello. Welcome. You sound very well informed. Having your dad as support and inspiration will be great. There are several of us from San Antonio on the board. We've all done well. Those couple of weeks to surgery will pass really quickly. Before you know it you will be on your journey in earnest!

Thank you so much for the welcome. I am hoping time passes, it feels like I have been on my pre-op diet for a month and it has only been 3 days lol. But I am keeping myself busy to help make the time pass more quickly.