Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today it REALLY hit me

I had my final appointment with the surgeon today. I walk into the office and talk to the office manager first and I get more info on the surgery date, I already knew it was 10/11 but he told me surgery is at 7:30am and I need to be there at 5:30 and all that other stuff.

I thought I was handling it all well. I thought I had everything under control ... I guess that was where I made the mistake!

After telling me about the day of surgery he brings me back and takes my blood pressure (which is always low). He didn't tell me what it was but his response was, "ummm are you feeling ok? Are you nervous or excited or something? I'm going to need you to take some deep breaths and try to calm down".

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I was trying to appear so calm, cool and collected but I guess inside I was freaking out!

After my appointment I head back to work with my new Optifast shakes that I need to start drinking. I drink part of a bottle of Water and then try to pour the vanilla powder into the bottle. It wasn't going so well so I made a funnel out of paper ... that didn't work so well either so I tried to pour it again and I'm pretty sure that half of the white powder spilled all over the carpet and my jeans. The worst part is, I CAN'T GET IT OFF THE CARPET OR MY JEANS! It honestly looks like a drug deal gone bad at my desk right now.

I'm hopeful that things will get better from here!

:)

Awww! Well good luck to you. I know I think everyone is really nervous, but in all honesty to me anyway it wasn't bad at all. Just get up and walk as soon as you can and you will be fine.

Keep us updated!

Laura

I had my final appointment with the surgeon today. I walk into the office and talk to the office manager first and I get more info on the surgery date, I already knew it was 10/11 but he told me surgery is at 7:30am and I need to be there at 5:30 and all that other stuff.

I thought I was handling it all well. I thought I had everything under control ... I guess that was where I made the mistake!

After telling me about the day of surgery he brings me back and takes my blood pressure (which is always low). He didn't tell me what it was but his response was, "ummm are you feeling ok? Are you nervous or excited or something? I'm going to need you to take some deep breaths and try to calm down".

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I was trying to appear so calm, cool and collected but I guess inside I was freaking out!

After my appointment I head back to work with my new Optifast shakes that I need to start drinking. I drink part of a bottle of Water and then try to pour the vanilla powder into the bottle. It wasn't going so well so I made a funnel out of paper ... that didn't work so well either so I tried to pour it again and I'm pretty sure that half of the white powder spilled all over the carpet and my jeans. The worst part is, I CAN'T GET IT OFF THE CARPET OR MY JEANS! It honestly looks like a drug deal gone bad at my desk right now.

lol I can completely tell your getting nervous/excited from the rambling to the uncoordinatedness haha good luck on your journey<3

Even things we look forward to can make us a little anxious. When I get nervous about what I'm commiting to with the surgery, I try to think about next summer and how nice it will be to wear all new clothes, be comfortable again in my kayak, go hiking, etc. Perhaps we'll even be okay with wearing a bathing suit in public!

Hang in there - we other October sleevers are rooting for you!

My problem is that I keep dreaming that it WONT work. I know in my head that it is a ridiculous thought, however it wakes me up at night. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! One more night. Post more after the fact.

i felt the same as you, there is no way that it will work for me because i cant ever be thin again. every diet under the sun hasnt worked why would this one. well i was wrong. i have no problem only eating small protions because my sleeve wont let me eat more. i have tried to eat just a little more because my head wants it..not my sleeve. my sleeve wins everytime. it will even punish me if i dont listen by sending me running to the bathroom. i am so happy that i have this tool to help me....and i am already half way there. my surgery date was aug 15, 2011. good luck to you for your surgery tomarrow!

My problem is that I keep dreaming that it WONT work. I know in my head that it is a ridiculous thought, however it wakes me up at night. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! One more night. Post more after the fact.

Thank you for your support!

I really apreciate it.

KIM

i felt the same as you, there is no way that it will work for me because i cant ever be thin again. every diet under the sun hasnt worked why would this one. well i was wrong. i have no problem only eating small protions because my sleeve wont let me eat more. i have tried to eat just a little more because my head wants it..not my sleeve. my sleeve wins everytime. it will even punish me if i dont listen by sending me running to the bathroom. i am so happy that i have this tool to help me....and i am already half way there. my surgery date was aug 15, 2011. good luck to you for your surgery tomarrow!

your welcome. everything will be fine. keep us posted as soon as youre up for it :)

Thinking of u! Hope all is well, I'm sure it is ;0) hugs