Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Mama' date='

I am looking at Mexico because of the price difference. I can do it for 10,400 here in Las Vegas, NV (cash price Dr. Umbach). But now I am looking at half the price with Dr. Ortiz or even Dr. Ponce Deleon. I am starting to have more of a comfort level as I hear the experiences of other Mexico patients.

I am not worried about complications, but I hear that there is a doctor here that will see you if you had your surgery in Mexico. Otherwise I would be at the mercy of the emergency room. I like that the doctors in Mexico test you for leaks, but they don't do that here. I also byou ve that if you have it done in Mexico, you must be diligent with the post op diet, because if you are not, that is when problems can happen.

I am so excited that you are doing so well. That is such great progress. I am going to be diligent and I am looking forward to great results as well. Thank you so much for sharing and please stay in touch. I will post when I get my surgery date...WooHoo, I can't wait!![/quote']

Hello Annie I also live in Las Vegas looking to go to mx with dr Ortiz at OCC. when r u having surgery ? would love to have a Vegas buddy..;)

Hello Britt,

I haven't scheduled it yet. I am waiting on my financing Once that happens I will schedulule.

I am estimating May. How about you? are you scheduled?

I would love to have a buddy.

Thanks Annie

I have a BMI of 31 & had my surgery march 6th in Tijuana. (8 days post op) my goal weight loss is 62lbs. I'm 5'8.5" & was 212. I've already lost 7lbs including my 3 days preop. They had me not do the per op diet other than the Clear Liquids for 3 days w/ the low BMI. I have a feeling my weight loss will be slower than someone w/ a high BMI but I'm still expecting it to come off. I did have the fear of too much weight loss but I really feel once I get to a certain weight it'll level out.

Thank you Chas, what doctor did you use in Mexico?

Thank you Mandi as well, you are doing fantastic.

I am glad that your energy levels are up so soon. I imagine being very tired for the first month or so.

Please keep in touch with your progress....I appreciate all who are giving their input to my post. I am very encouraged about the next step in my journery!!

Congratulations' date=' Tina!

I am between 33 andand 34 BMI and I would love to follow you and hear about your progress.

What doctor did you chose in Mexico? I would also like to know how much you have lost in the last 2 weeks and with your preop diet as well.

I am looking at Dr. Ariel Ortiz out of OCC in Tijuana.

Can't wait to hear about your journey so far.

Annie[/quote']

Dr. Corvala did my surgery I lost 15 Lbs already.

Hello everyone! I was sleeved 3/8 Dr. Garcia. I was 195 pounds bmi 33 I have lost 20 pounds so far!

I am going through OCC and dr Ortiz . I have a low bmi. I am 175 and 5'2. I'd like to lose about 40 lbs. I'm expecting it to come off slower but to come off.

I am going through OCC and dr Ortiz . I have a low bmi. I am 175 and 5'2. I'd like to lose about 40 lbs. I'm expecting it to come off slower but to come off.

I'm going to dr Ortiz too :) April 3 I'm super excited!!!

Thank you Mandi as well' date=' you are doing fantastic.

I am glad that your energy levels are up so soon. I imagine being very tired for the first month or so.

Please keep in touch with your progress....I appreciate all who are giving their input to my post. I am very encouraged about the next step in my journery!![/quote']

Still feeling good....other than ear infection lol. scale is on a stall but clothes getting looser. I need to eat more to get out of the stall which is strange to say. 6 week post op. Size 18 beg now 12

post-50438-13813664815885_thumb.png

post-50438-1381366481653_thumb.png

Starting Bmi was 34 . Sleeved jan 5th. I'm 5'3 starting weight 201. Now I am 157 and feel great ! No more sleep apnea :)))