Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg! Not smart Heather. Not smart!!! TMI warning!!

For the first time in a long time, I was really low emotionally. Not for any reason in particular, just a low feeling. Everyone was in bed and I was watching mindless tv. My husband and i had come home with a few Cookies for the kids ( which I can usually stay away from). I ate 2 cookies!!! And not little ones either!! Now, normally I would just fight it off and get an extra good workout in and be fine with that. But no, I'm paying hard for those cookies today!!

Since surgery, I generally have a BM every couple days and it's very solid ( almost to the point of painfully solid). In the last 6 hours, I gone about 6 times and I'm in painful gassy mode. I really didn't sleep too much because of this....

That'll teach me!!!!

forgive yourself and this will serve as a reminder in future temptations to come. Hey the sleeve is a tool but it certainly doesn't make us perfect, all of a sudden.

Hi there, yes there are some of us sleevers who this happens to. My thresh hold of sugar grams per serving is no more than 15g. That's about a fun size bar of snickers, or one medium sized choc chip cookie. You get the idea, it's a very small serving of "goodies".

Some would say this is a bad thing, however I've grown to quite love this about my sleeve. I completely respect it's boundaries. For I know the awful consequences if I were to cross that line, and BTDT I want no part of it what so ever. I was so addicted to sugar before my sleeve, by getting the "soft food syndrome" from my lap band. All that's out the door for me, and forever. I don't miss it.

This additional tool, as I put it alongside my workout routines, I believe will keep me from ever gaining any weight back. :) That's results I can grow to love.

Along with the "runs" I also get heart palpitations, cold sweats and when its really bad I get vertigo. It's not good to be like that, and is a serious medical problem. So, sugar is not a part of my life anymore.

Thanks guys! This is the first time in 7 months that I've had that big of a serving of sugar. I'll have a bit of ice-cream or a small cookie at the end of day if I've met all my Protein, veggies, etc. But certainly not 2.

Diva- that would be so scary to have palpitations and vertigo!! I certainly felt crappy, but not to that extent. It's funny because I never would have thought twice about eating that after a carb laden dinner before surgery!! I'm so glad I had this surgery. This "side effect" will definately keep me in check!!!!

I have stopped getting that so much, but get cold sweats and palpatations if I go too far - having said that I managed to really mess up today with no consequence :(

By 3pm this afternoon I hadn't eaten anything in almost 24 hours (oops), and whilst dashing between meetings I got shaky, so presumed that I had low blood sugar, I dash into the closest shop which only had either raw meat, dry crackers or packs of biscuits, so I grab crackers and wafer biscuits to nibble whilst I drive.

Well, two dry crackers didn't hit the spot so like a complete idiot I open the biscuits, which was SUCH a mistake, by the time I had arrived at the next meeting somehow 3/4 of the pack had gone.

ARGH!!!

I am 1lb away from a BMI of 25.something, and hoped I'd hit that tomorrow, guess thats gone out the window again! :(

I can feel sick if I overdo the sweets, like Diva I can handle a little at a time. But the problem for me is that I'll have a little, let my stomach settle and go get some more. Which is why I cannot at all have any junk food in my house, I was hoping I would have better control by now.