Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tortilla Pizza?

I am about 6 weeks out and I tried making pizza. I used a Flatout tortilla, pizza sauce, mozzarrella cheese, and pepperoni. I had 4 small bites and my sleeve fought me HARD. I think it was the tortilla because I have had all the other things without issue before. Anyone else have this kind of reaction?

Thanks!

yah it is best to eat the toppings for now. You will be able to incorporate the tortilla later on down the road. You will still need the tortilla as a base to keep everything together.

The first time I ate pizza I could only eat 3/4's of a square slice....then it got stuck and I puked. I thought "man I will NEVER eat pizza again" but then I tried it again tonight. I at the ultra thin crust, ate it really really slowly and chewed alot and could eat a slice. I feel pretty good, nothing is stuck and i'm not puking....so eventually you will be ok. OH YEAH. My pizza only had a tiny bit of cheese sauce and three mushrooms so nothing really heavy for toppings.

im almost 5 weeks out and i have been able to eat one slice of real pizza without problems...but i have a good receipe for a healthy alternative.

there are low carb tortillas that are garlic flavored...i found it at albertsons

spread butter on one side. put it in a frying pan, butter side down. spread a little tomatoe sause on (i used ragu sweet italian sausage style)

put your favorite toppings on...i put sliced olives, mushrooms, oven roasted chicken and shredded mild chedder on top. cook on medium high heat for about 2 minutes.

the tortilla crisps and you can cut it into 4 slices. have a slice and save the rest for later :)

i made one for myself because i was totally craving pizza but didnt want to pig out....my family smelt it cooking and they all wanted me to make them some. so i did...and my whole family LOVED it. (this includes a very picky 8 year old)

very tastey and low carb/calorie!

enjoy your pizza! hehe!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!