Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2011 sleevers get in here!!!!!!

I wanted to start this to see where the August 2011 sleevers are right now and how you're doing. I was sleeved on the 15th of August and to date no pain and Im eating farely well(not much though yayyyyy!)I have lost about 25 pounds since surgery date, about 45 overall. I still get the stomach gurgles every so often when I do eat now but not like at the beginning. I can drink pretty good now and not having to really sip like before. I drink mainly crystal lite and sugar free sports drinks now. I am eating pretty much all Proteins tuna, chicken, baked fish, etc. I dont get as hungry as I used to but its still there a little. One main difference now is I sleep all night and hadnt been able to do that in years. For the most part Im doing pretty good I think, what about you??

Hi Mike - just to let you know we have started a weekly check in thread that is posted each Saturday in the August 2011 forum too - it's been going on for 2 weeks yesterday.

I have lost almost 24 since surgery. I am really struggling with Protein as so far no shakes agree with me and I became lactose intolerant. I can't get in the calories I am supposed to either, I suppose that has to do with the shakes as well. I'll be 6 weeks out tomorrow.

I wanted to start this to see where the August 2011 sleevers are right now and how you're doing. I was sleeved on the 15th of August and to date no pain and Im eating farely well(not much though yayyyyy!)I have lost about 25 pounds since surgery date, about 45 overall. I still get the stomach gurgles every so often when I do eat now but not like at the beginning. I can drink pretty good now and not having to really sip like before. I drink mainly crystal lite and sugar free sports drinks now. I am eating pretty much all Proteins tuna, chicken, baked fish, etc. I dont get as hungry as I used to but its still there a little. One main difference now is I sleep all night and hadnt been able to do that in years. For the most part Im doing pretty good I think, what about you??

Hi, I was sleeved on the 9th of Aug! I am down a total of 32lbs since surgery, 47 overall since the pre-op diet. I am VERY lucky and I can tolerate ANYTHING in small quantities, if I chew it well. I have expirenced "sliming" on 3 occasions-- when i ate something and forgot I was sleeved and didnt chew well enough-- It was beef Jerky and turkey pepperoni and beef roast. Any tough meat I forget to chew well is a problem. 99% of the time I remember and chew well. I am happy because a typical meal is a string cheese, a yogurt, 8 slices of turkey pepperoni, etc. I have saved a lot of money on food. Everyone keeps telling me how "skinny" I am, and it quite frankly makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I suppose I better get used to it!!!!

Sleeved on Aug. 23rd. Including pre op diet, I have lost about 49lbs since end of July. I have the gurgles, but I think part of it is eating to fast. Old habits die hard. I would like to be down another 21 lbs by Halloween. Actually, the whole life-style eating change hasn't been that bad.

Sleeved on the 15th and right there with you Mike. I feel good and have started the Couch to 5k routine. I also workout 5days a week. Don't really see the difference but everyone else does...lol. I'm down 31lbs so far

Hi all, I was sleeved August 29th and I have lost 13 pounds since surgery, 58 pounds total including pre op. I am doing good with eating (still on puree stage), I just keep trying to increase my liquids each day. My pain has been very minimal and my energy level is good most of the time. Over all, I feel pretty darn good. I hope everyone else is is feeling good too.

Hugs, Shell

I was sleeved Aug 8th and I am down 29 pounds. I am on a regular diet now but I am having trouble getting enough Protein in and enough fluids. I just dont want to eat. I try to only eat protein when I do eat. I am eating things like beef Jerky, chicken, fish, etc. I am feeling better now and have started a walking routine. I hope my energy continues to pick up! I have felt tired since surgery but I did have a second kidney surgery in week 3 and am just now getting over that, when allergy season hit! Good luck to everyone else and I am so looking forward to onederland in 5 more pounds!!!! Wooohooo!

My surgery was 8/22. I had a great post-op, no real pain or nausea. No problem drinking or getting in the Protein. My only issues have been hunger and now fatigue. I have been mainly on liquids still. Have had some tuna with light mayo, Peanut Butter, scrambled eggs, refried Beans, ricotta bake. Still am hungry, but it is getting better.

So far, I have lost 20 lbs since surgery, 67 lbs overall. Lots more to go but so far so good!

Hi everyone. I was sleeved August 17 and I'm doing pretty great! I have lost 30lbs post op so a total of 70lbs since May. I feel great but I don't feel like I look any different, I'm sure it's all in my head as people tell me all the time that I look great. I am having no hunger but I do frequently feel thirsty. I am usually getting in my 64 oz of Water. I get all my Vitamins in everyday. We aren't allowed Protein Shakes or powder in my program so I'm not exactly sure how much Protein I'm getting. I usually have a protein muffin for Breakfast (eggs, cottage cheese, cheese, meatless sausage, onions baked in muffin cups), Some kind of fish for lunch and dinner like a 1/2 salmon burger patty or mahi mahi. I can never eat more than 1/4 cup at a time. I have not started exercising yet, I just don't have the energy. I am building up my strength but I have taken FULL advantage of my month off work...and I go back tomorrow...sad face. I hope to be back to my pre-op workout routine by the end of the month...wishful thinking :). Oh, and sex...is so much better!! I wish I had done this sooner!!

I was sleeved 8/25 and have lost about 17lbs. I'm in the dreaded three week stall but I'm not letting it get to me. After so many years of dieting I am well aware the scale will move when it darn well wants to. lol I just started mushies last week and have been living on egg & tuna salad and ff refried Beans. It's a lot easier for me to drink faster now but it still takes me forever to eat 1/4 cup. My energy level is back to normal except when I'm exercising. I can only do about 15 mins on my elliptical before I'm ready to fall over. I'm not getting all my Protein in but I'm almost there. Fluids are harder for me. I guess the sleeved life is getting to be more normal.

Hi. I was sleeved 8/31. I am down 15 pounds since the day of surgery, 35 since pre-op and 45 pounds total. I have only had the foamies once, and that was due to Vitamins, so I haven't been getting in my vitamins like I should. My Protein Shakes are only last nerve, so I am not getting in as much as I should of those either. I am, however, getting in my fluids and I feel fine...well, except for the left incision discomfort. I am still on liquids. Im hoping my doc transitions me to food on my next appointment (Friday). I have cheated, though, and had the insides of two deviled eggs and one blue crab and tolerated both perfectly. I love my sleeve and am glad I made this choice!

Sleeved Aug 15th. Down 32 lbs to date. Doing much better. That sie stitch feeling I had in completely gone. Did have a week or so stall and then started losing again two days ago. Hoping I roll on for a while before another stall. I am havig trouble getting in fluids compeletly. Never have been a big drinker . So that is my struggle. Maybe getting in 40-48 oz a day. I work as ER nurse and we go go go. And forget to even pee sometimes. So that is also something I have to work on.

I was sleeved on Aug. 8th. I am down 19 lbs since surgery. I am in a 3 week stall right now. I hope things change soon. So far, I have been able to eat everything that I have tried. I still get hungry but not as often as I use to. I am able to drink and I don’t have to sip, sip, sip. I am on soft foods. I spend most of my day eating, drinking, or taking vitiams…but I am still having a hard time getting in my Protein. I hate Protein shakes. I didn’t have a problem pre-surgery…but now I can’t take them. They all make me feel sick. I walk 30 mins a day and I just started playing and working out using my Xbox 360. I feel so much better when I exercise, but it’s still hard for me to get started. I still have some pain on my left side, but it is getting better every day. I like to wear things that support my stomach – such as Spanx. I am just starting to feel like my old self again. I don’t feel smaller, but my family tells me that I look younger and they can see it in my face. I am already starting to see a difference in my health, my high blood pressure meds have been reduced and I think I will be off all of my pills soon. I love my sleeve and I will be so happy when my stall is over. I am 6 pounds away from onederland.

I didn’t know that August sleevers had a weekly check in thread, I am going to have to check that out.

Hi! I am a long time lurker that finally registered today! I was sleeved on 8/23/11 - so 4 weeks tomorrow! I have lost 19 pounds since surgery. I can start "soft" food tomorrow, and have had some trouble getting enough Protein in. Water has been a challenge as well. I am just not hungry at all. I feel really great, but I do wear out much earlier in the day than I used to. I am so happy I did this, and am enjoying this journey!