Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shapewear Benefits

Oh and one day I actually decided to READ the tag, and it mentioned STEPPING INTO the tank and pulling it up over your body that way! Much easier! I had a girfriend try one on at Kohl's (going over the head) and she said she thought they were gonig to have call the fire dept. to get her unstuck (she just grabbed the size she thought she would need and half way INTO it realized that it was NOT going to GO!) She called to tell me the story and I was crying with laughter. OMG! So yeah, don't try and go too small and STEP into them instead of hauling them over your head.

OMG, that is SO TRUE!!! I about strangled myself the first time before I got it back off my head and read the instructions. LOLOL. I pull all Shapewear up from the bottom now, regardless. Lesson. learned. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ETA: I do still have one in size L and I do wear it sometimes, even though I wear a 6-8 now, it's still firm enough to curb the jiggly belly even though it doesn't still suck anything in. The M is still plenty snug and suck-y-in-y, so they may run a bit small?

I have the same question. (I am looking into the Flexees Fat Free Dressing tank).

I just looked thi up on Amazon. Do they smash your boobs? Are they tight enough in the abdomen to suck it in? You still wear a bra right?

I just looked thi up on Amazon. Do they smash your boobs? Are they tight enough in the abdomen to suck it in? You still wear a bra right?

I haven't received it yet. I plan on wearing a bra with it. I hope it's still looks ok. In regards to "suction", I think it's moderate, which is the most I am able to tolerate. I will update this thread when I wear it.

They do not smash your boobs -- the upper part is stretchy but not sucky, the sucky part kicks in just around the bottom of your bra band. They are fairly tight, I like them that way, but they are not at all uncomfortable IMO. I've got a friend who thinks they roll up from the bottom, but I haven't had a problem with that at all -- full disclosure: I tuck them into my underpants LOL. I also think she was wearing one size too small, but I ain't gonna tell her that. :D

Agreed - they don't squish the chest too much and I'd order in whatever size you're in now. I noticed the same thing as Swizzly when I hit a size eight and had to go down to a M at that point. Now I order a S and I'm a 6 (sometimes 4). They're snug but not so snug I can't get them on or that they roll up. I want them to still suck in all that extra skin, you know?

Anyway, I pull them all the way down to my hips and wear my jeans over them and they never roll up or give me an issue. I love the FF Dressing tanks and even wear them around the house or when I work out (can't be having all that skin flop around during jumping jacks!) and they're super comfortable even though they're very slimming.

~Cheri

Went shopping with my lace Fat Free Dressing Flexees all day long today and I loved it! I wore it under my jeans and it stayed put. It was comfortable enough that for most of the day I forgot I had it on. I really liked my smoother torso. (I have never been able to tolerate my Spanx for more than 5 minutes).

Just ordered two more on Amazon (one with lace and the other without). As everyone said, they are true to size. I will never go shopping for clothes without one on! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Went shopping with my lace Fat Free Dressing Flexees all day long today and I loved it! I wore it under my jeans and it stayed put. It was comfortable enough that for most of the day I forgot I had it on. I really liked my smoother torso. (I have never been able to tolerate my Spanx for more than 5 minutes).

Just ordered two more on Amazon (one with lace and the other without). As everyone said, they are true to size. I will never go shopping for clothes without one on! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

I can't wait to try these!!! Ordering them now!!! =) Question: Is it even adventageous to buy any at my size? The weight is coming off quick and my belly is already looking ugly. It was before anyway due to my weight+3 pregnancies+carrying twins to full term :/

YAY! So far the Flexees brand has been my favorite, and no they do not squish the boob area! Extra bonus points!

I can't wait to try these!!! Ordering them now!!! =) Question: Is it even adventageous to buy any at my size? The weight is coming off quick and my belly is already looking ugly. It was before anyway due to my weight+3 pregnancies+carrying twins to full term :/

I found some at Ross and TJMaxx for a lot cheaper than what the dept. store sells them for. Oh also check at Kohl's on their clearance rack, and take a 15%, 20% or 30% coupon into Kohl's with you. I bought 2 of the Flexees in Jan 2011 (that was when I was 3 months post-op) and they were clearanced down to $11.20 plus I had a 15% off coupon so before tax they were like $9.50 those were the size 2XL ones that I bought (and still wear occassionally although I am on the hunt to replace them in a size L!) The only down side to shopping at Ross or clearance racks, etc. is that your selection is limited. BUT I have found a brown one, a grey and white (layered look) one and I really like wearing them as layering options so it's kind of fun to have different colors, etc.

Good luck, I rarely go a day when I'm not wearing something by Flexees!

Question: Is it even adventageous to buy any at my size? The weight is coming off quick and my belly is already looking ugly.

M2G answered what I was hoping to hear. Seems we will be able to continue to use them as we lose weight. Also, to my surprise, I want to look good everyday now. I don't want to wait to get to goal to start dressing nicer, so that is why I decided to go for it. Perhaps consider a basic color so you can use it often. I would have only bought one, but I have a 10 day trip coming up and I think I want to wear them daily. :-)

YAY! So far the Flexees brand has been my favorite, and no they do not squish the boob area! Extra bonus points!

I found some at Ross and TJMaxx for a lot cheaper than what the dept. store sells them for. Oh also check at Kohl's on their clearance rack, and take a 15%, 20% or 30% coupon into Kohl's with you. I bought 2 of the Flexees in Jan 2011 (that was when I was 3 months post-op) and they were clearanced down to $11.20 plus I had a 15% off coupon so before tax they were like $9.50 those were the size 2XL ones that I bought (and still wear occassionally although I am on the hunt to replace them in a size L!) The only down side to shopping at Ross or clearance racks, etc. is that your selection is limited. BUT I have found a brown one, a grey and white (layered look) one and I really like wearing them as layering options so it's kind of fun to have different colors, etc.

Good luck, I rarely go a day when I'm not wearing something by Flexees!

Cool! I will wait then and go hit up Ross and TjMaxx! I am happy to hear they can be worn even while losing weight quickly! Thank you!

M2G answered what I was hoping to hear. Seems we will be able to continue to use them as we lose weight. Also, to my surprise, I want to look good everyday now. I don't want to wait to get to goal to start dressing nicer, so that is why I decided to go for it. Perhaps consider a basic color so you can use it often. I would have only bought one, but I have a 10 day trip coming up and I think I want to wear them daily. :-)

I can't wait to go hit up Ross tomorrow! =) Make that monday since superbowl is tomorrow....hehe I so agree on the wanting to look good everyday now! I have only lost 14 lbs since surgery but 24 total since October and can see it in my face ALOT! It makes me want to dress nice and go for walks with the fam where as before I would do the whole t shirt thing and never wanted to go out. I felt like an embarrassment to my family. It's like,now that I know the weight is going FOR GOOD,I have so much confidence,there can only be more in store. =))

Hmm looks just like the thng I buy at wallmart for about 10-15 dollars.

Khy

I've been eyeing Shapewear for awhile now but hesitated buying anything because I found them so uncomfortable. After reading this thread I started doing some research and decided that part of my problem was that I was trying to wear the "high waist brief" style and it was forever rolling down in the back. The back fat and the upper stomach are the two main points I wanted to cover.

After debating about installing hook-and-eye closures to connect the top of the brief to the bottom of my bra band, I discovered the "torsette" which I swear was a *^$ing revelation to me. I spotted the Sweet Nothings Wear Your Own Bra torsette at the local Wal-Mart for about $20 and figured it was worth a try. I didn't even know what size to get. To my shock, it fit perfectly! and it worked! I was able to wear a pair of pants that were just a tad too tight to be comfortable and a shirt which was much more fitted then I was used to, and I got compliments all day long. It made me feel secure and confident, and it stayed in place all day. It was was only a minor inconvenience in the bathroom. Certainly $20 well spent and now I know what style to get when I invest in my next one.

I've never been a fan of shapewear and always thought they were sort of self-inflicted torture (sort of like pantyhose) but I admit I can see the benefits now. As I lose more weight, I'm discovering that in order to fit into clothes that are properly sized I'm needing a little "assistance" in some areas.