Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will i feel better?

You are three days out so you are in a yucky phase right now. Everything feels wonky for a little while. It sounds like acid to me. I know I didn't start my Nexxium until day 5, but you may want to talk to your doc about when to start your meds.

The exact day that things get better different for everyone. I would say that the first 7 days was hard for me. I made a turn for the better day 5. Hold on!

I would say you should start feeling better by day 5-6 and you need to move, get out of the bed, off the couch and walk or somthing other than just sitting... get cleaned up and go to wal-mart just do somthing other than sit in the house and feel bad....Good luck !:D

The gas issue was helped by laying on my side when i was asleep, I would wake up to enomous gas movements!!!:D (FARTS) wow!!! and it was the high light of a couple of days!! :lol:

I'm two days out and the gas pains are extremely uncomfortable. I have been walking inside my house, and a little bit outside, but that requires putting a bra on which is also uncomfortable. I'm hoping in the next couple of days it gets better. Are you having trouble getting your fluids in. I don't know, to fit them all in there.

Melissa and Dallas Mom, I used a sports bra when I had to wear one. Luckily, I had three that were so old and worn out I probably wasn't getting any support from them, but they made me feel like I had a bra on anyway. :) I tucked my little drain bottle into the center of the bra. Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, I can't say it enough. I live in an apartment and kept walking the "Little D", from my hallway to the closest end of my building. Even if I could only manage one lap, I walked it...and having a dog who needs to go out really helped, too. I was so proud of myself the day I walked the "Big D", around the end of the building to the farthest hallway and back to my door, the first time after surgery! LOL

Even the little bits of walking I did seemed to help a ton with the gas pain in my shoulders and upper back. I'm also seeing more definition in my legs already, so it pays off quickly! I've been lucky, too, that I haven't experienced the chronic fatigue or depression that others have noted. As a matter of fact, a friend told me yesterday that I am "glowing" because I'm so happy. I know that I feel much better already, at just two weeks post-op. :) I haven't felt this good or had this much energy in years!

gas x, walking and a heating pad works wonders! And your pain meds! ; ) Fell better, it will get better in a few days, hang in there.

Day 5 was definitely a turning point for me, but even then it wasn't a huge improvement...but it was noticeable. I felt completely 100% at 3 1/2 week post op. Hang in there!! I remember very well how hard it was that first week, but it will get better soon!!

For me I basically sat on the couch for a week trying to pass gas lol. Didn't have a BM til day 6. It's like your system is asleep and takes days to wake up. Best wishes and congrats!

Had my sleeve done on 9/12 and everyday has been worse then the prior.. I cannot release any gas and i feel like i have a ton of bricks sitting on my chest..any suggestions or tips would help! Thanks

DallasMom, I had my surgery on 9/12 also and like you, it seems to get worse as the days go by. I actually felt better than expected the night after surgery then it went down hill from there. I think I just don't like the weakness I am feeling, but finding it hard to get all if my fluids in. I pray it does get better in a few days as everyone is saying. The best of luck to ya!

I lived with my heating pad for about 2 weeks post-op. Gas x is also really helpful. I couldn't come close to getting all the fluids in, but I tried.

Follow your doctors orders and hang in there!!! The first couple of weeks are miserable - no doubt about it.

I also was sleeved on 9/12 and I was amazed at how great I felt in the hospital. Then they gave me some Jello and it was freaking horrible! It sat inside for the entire next day and I was completely miserable. Today I feel much better and am staying the hell away from Jello.

Yesterday I stuck with only Water and was able to get down a bottle and a half, about 24 ounces. So far today I have gotten down an entire Protein shake over the course of about five hours and it seems to be sitting okay for now. I am now working on getting in some more Water for the rest of the evening.

I do notice gas with every single swallow of anything. I feel it bubble and try to come back up, and then it is gone. It's like a cramp that lasts for a few seconds and then it is gone.

Yesterday I was completely exhausted and slept most of the day. Today I took one two hour nap and although I am still a little tired, I definitely feel worlds better today.

I gained eight pounds in the hospital from all of the fluids, so I am looking forward to all of those pounds coming off soon.

I'm thinking of you. Keep your head up.

Like all the others said, hang in there, it will get better and everyone recovers a little differently. Also. yes... walk and move as much as possible. I found stretching REALLY helped! I also loved my heating pad for sleeping and that seemed to also help the gas loosen up and move around and I would release in the morning with several farts. Some people burp a lot but I didn't burp much at all, my gas chose the other route :)

Just get in whatever liquids you can, but don't let it worry you. I found a new love in those froxen ice pops, the kind that come as liquid in those little platic tubes. Yes, they have sugar, but you need the energy. Also, Gatorade now has a line that contains Protein (and other needed nutrients) and it is really good because it is thin enough for your new sleeve to tolerate at this point. A 16 oz bottle has 16 grams of Protein, So, at this point if you can drink one or two of those a day and eat those little frozen pops, you will stay hydrated and get a little protein in the process.

This is what has worked for me. Good Luck and I promise, it will get so much better!