Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tomorrow is the day folks!

so this is it!

about ready to hit the bed soon. operation is 7:00 am in the morning, 5:30 i got to be at the hospital.

whew! what a day emotionally. i thankfully didnt have to do a pre-op diet execpt for today which was all Clear liquids only...its sucked today, but even on just liquids, blood sugar in the 170's (im 30 years old guys...im so glad im getting sleeved!!!)

i didnt have a food funeral this week, but i ate some tasty things, and finished it off last night with a nice stake and salid.. ill be missing those things i guess.

kind of emotional tonight actually. im not the typical fuzzy guy, im 6'3 306 pounds, im a merchant marine by trade, so i can throw out the hard core tuff guy act... i could cry. i think im scared im going to miss not so much eating, but just some of the things that i enjoyed, and maybe enjoyed too much lol!

No matter why we are the way we are, once you are sleeved or about to be sleeved you are part of a new family.

im scared about a leak, and hemorrhaging during the operation, also concerned about post surgical infection. im a pretty big worrywart.

can anyone tell me what to expect? my surgion is a total pro Dr. Terricina in newport news va...totally trust him.

I guess im scared is all. im going to be a different person now, and im leaving behind this old friend of mine, while he hasn't been all that good to me health wise, he was still a friend.

thanks everyone....

-Mke

"I guess im scared is all. im going to be a different person now, and im leaving behind this old friend of mine, while he hasn't been all that good to me health wise, he was still a friend."

Couldn't have said that any better!

By the time you read this you will most likely be sleeved and be happy it is done and you have a new friend to share your life with...It is the new you.

Sometimes you have to let old friends go that are bringing you down and make new ones that will help build you up.

I can't tell you how great it is to be sleeved and have this whole new person to live my life to the fullest with.

You are doing something wonderful for yourself.

Congradulations and remember you have a lot of support right here with this new family.....

so this is it!

about ready to hit the bed soon. operation is 7:00 am in the morning, 5:30 i got to be at the hospital.

whew! what a day emotionally. i thankfully didnt have to do a pre-op diet execpt for today which was all Clear Liquids only...its sucked today, but even on just liquids, blood sugar in the 170's (im 30 years old guys...im so glad im getting sleeved!!!)

i didnt have a food funeral this week, but i ate some tasty things, and finished it off last night with a nice stake and salid.. ill be missing those things i guess.

kind of emotional tonight actually. im not the typical fuzzy guy, im 6'3 306 pounds, im a merchant marine by trade, so i can throw out the hard core tuff guy act... i could cry. i think im scared im going to miss not so much eating, but just some of the things that i enjoyed, and maybe enjoyed too much lol!

No matter why we are the way we are, once you are sleeved or about to be sleeved you are part of a new family.

im scared about a leak, and hemorrhaging during the operation, also concerned about post surgical infection. im a pretty big worrywart.

can anyone tell me what to expect? my surgion is a total pro Dr. Terricina in newport news va...totally trust him.

I guess im scared is all. im going to be a different person now, and im leaving behind this old friend of mine, while he hasn't been all that good to me health wise, he was still a friend.

thanks everyone....

-Mke

I'm just across the Water from you in Virginia Beach- I had my surgery last week- I'm doing pretty good- post op-

Good Luck tomorrow and will be waiting to hear updates on how you are after surgery.

I'm just across the Water from you in Virginia Beach- I had my surgery last week- I'm doing pretty good- post op-

Good Luck tomorrow and will be waiting to hear updates on how you are after surgery.

oh great! thats cool your local :)

glad to hear your doing well :)

You will be sleeved when you read this. Today is the first day of the rest of your life! I am excited for you! After the weight comes off and our stomach are well healed we can eat like any other normal weight person, The key word is moderation and excercise to keep it all in balance. What a fantastic life it is going to be!

im just waiting to be taken to the or. i thank all of you for the support. so far i have been given a anti fungal oral liquid to prevent a fungal infection, a iv dose of a anti acid medication and a injection in my stomach to prevent blood clots.

met with the doctor who is putting me to sleep and will see my main doctor soon. i little scared but they are old hands with this procedure so i should be fine.

next stop land of no remember, and hopefully a easy recovery room peroid. if i feel better this afternoon ill post a update.

-mike

You will be fine and will be so happy you did this, I sure am!

I had diabetes and hbp and within a week did not have to take meds for either after my surgery.!!! :) I have more energy than I have had since I was 10 and I feel on top of the world.

The worst part for me was the gas post-op. I really didn't have pain, just gas. It lasted about 3-4 days and then I was fine. I have had no issues with food, vomiting or nausea.

I was sleeved May 9th of this year and have lost 50lbs since then. I lost 55lbs pre op, bringing my total weight loss to 105lbs.

After your surgery, just make sure to stay hydrated. Focus on that for the fist couple weeks. That is more important that anything!!! You don't want to get dehydrated. That will just bring you more problems than anything, so SIP SIP SIP!!

Come here and read and read. This is the best place for advice and support.

Good luck to you!

Kelly ;)

Hello-

You are most certainly sleeved by now and I hope the surgery was a complete success!

We are all scared in the hours before surgery - there is no going back once it begins!!! I also had a few "final meals" before my surgery. But, one day you will eat your favorites again. It will be a few months from now, but it will happen. Weird thing is that your favorites may not taste good to you anymore. The first couple of weeks are the hardest. You will wonder why on earth you did this to yourself?!?!? But, rest assured, you will feel better. Eating will get easier and the weight will start falling off like crazy.

Take care of yourself over the next couple of weeks. Stay hydrated and keep coming back to the forum - I was on this site 24x7 for 2 weeks. It is really helpful to know you aren't alone.

Take care and good luck!!!!!

Hope all went well and your recovery is quick and painless!

MrMike, we are very similar, You are going to love having your diabetes under control. You will feel like a different person. Like Kelly said, the energy level alone is amazing. You just do not realize how much diabetes affects everything. I have listed on my blog, my before and after blood numbers, the sleeve is such a wonderful tool. I hope you are doing well, keep us posted.