Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you sleeve again?

i'll be 4 weeks out on tuesday, and would do it again tomarrow if had to. i do have some acid reflux but the ppi takes care of it if i stay on top of it. food no longer consumes my every thought. everyone is different.

I'm glad to read the variety of responses - everyone sharing their own reality at this point in time is refreshing.

My doctor also said that it's not if, but when, my body would develop problems with the added weight. He was right. Hummm wheelchair due to severe joint problems or WLS or trying ANOTHER :banghead: diet? Seven years of being so heavy feels awful... I hate it... just want to feel like I used to - BUT, more importantly for me is living a life of greater mobility. Eventually, the weight caught up to me. I hope the sleeve allows me to gain greater control over my decisions. I desperately want to be able to say what KELLYL said, "I am out doing things and living again, and don't feel like a prisoner in my own body."!

I hope those of you who are struggling feel better quickly! I think this issue is one of those things that a person has had to experience to fully understand and I know that's not me, but I do feel compassionate nevertheless.

I would absolutely do it again, no doubt about it! I haven't had one second of buyers remorse or regret. I had no problems or complications, not much pain at all, no nausea or throwing up, As soon as the leak test was complete, I was able to get fluids in pretty easy, nothing has tasted bad for me, no food intolerances, everything I eat goes down fine, stays down, and my hunger is gone, which is one of the advantages of the Sleeve over the other WLS. I have had such an easy recovery, I feel truly blessed and grateful for having my life back.

I would say the same as KellyL did. Not even a second of remorse -- honestly -- since the surgery. Also, I *did* have nausea and vomiting the first 2-3 days post-op, but not for a moment since then. I have had no problems with food or liquids ever, and have been on full foods since surgery (no pre- or post-op liquids or mushies on my program). Only, I didn't lose my hunger -- it's about the same as it was before, but I don't find it to be a huge issue because the wee sleeve will only hold what it will hold, so even if I'm hungry, after I eat a little bit of food, I'm full. No problem.

Yeah, I'm loving the sleeve for sure. Also, my blood pressure is back down in low-normal range. :)

I was sleeved on August 6th. I am just over 5 weeks out. The person who said that it is best to talk to people 6 months out is probably giving you the best advice. I am really happy I did this and would do it again, but after a good six months you are more prepared to answer this question because you have been through more :)

itscometothis - Can I ask how long ago u were sleeved?

Def would. No question. The first weeks are the hardest. I say if someone isn't 6 months out then be careful about taking their advice. Once you learn how to eat, et over mourning food, fall in love with yourself, and understand the tool it gets better. Many of those under 6 months aren't there yet. Their disdain and "regret" will talk you out of a life changing commitment. Then when their 7 months out and close to 100 pounds smaller, they'll life will go on and you'll be stuck with woulda coulda shoulda.

ATLGIRL - I was sleeved on 8/25 and while I love my sleeve so far, I think you are absolutely right! IBy the way, i should say that my first words, immediately after being woken up from Anesthesia were "omg, what did i do to myself, what did i do, what did i do???" I am not exaggerating. I was in the most extreme pain I have had to date (dont have babies yet.) And yet, by day 3, when the pain had subsided, my tune changed. You are absolutely right ATLGIRL because I have read too many posts of people saying they regretted having their sleeve earlier on but not they could not be happier. GREAT ADVICE

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt... YES!!!!!!!!!

However, and I beg you to take note that if you'd have asked me within the first few days or around there I would've told you no... LOL!! The first month is very very tough. I don't think many go into this really realizing that. But, it is.

I'm a year out now, and so many things have gone well for me. So, there's no guessing on that one. I'd do it again today if I had to. ;)

10 days out and YES! I feel great and lost almost 10 lbs in the first 6-7 days.

I never had any health issues before surgery except for being overweight. Since surgery, I had kidney stones, acid reflux and Constipation. I have to drink these shakes that are driving me up the wall and my hair has not only changed its texture but falling so much it’s scary. I had to go from long hair to an absolutely short hair cut to try to cut off the dried ends, but you know what? I would do this again in a heartbeat, not once have I regretted my decision and I am so thankful I had this opportunity and this option. Yes, I did diet and exercise before surgery, heck, one time I had a personal trainer train me 5 days a week for 2 hours and I lost 25 lbs and you all know how that turned out. Over $1,400.00 down the drain and the weight loss came back on and then some.

The energy I have now is incredible, the love of live I feel every day, I am running, really me? Running 3 miles 3 times a week, doing Zumba classes 3 times a week. I love shopping for size 8 instead of size 18-20. I feel stronger and happier than ever before, I can keep up with my kids, husband, work and housework. Yes, we all go through inconveniences when we have such a drastic surgery and the thought of the surgery being irreversible is a scary but the way I see it is: this is my second chance and nothing will stop me now.

This has been a blessing, with all its inconveniences a blessing it has been. Happy weight loss everyone!!!

Yes yes yes! I am four months out now- have lost 72 pounds, and I have my life back! I was a near invalid and when y doctor said he saw a wheelchair coming next and then an early death I said -"NO WAY!" and took charge.

The first month or so was very very hard but I knew what I wanted and went for it. I have so much energy now I can outlast my husband and our border terrier on our daily hour walks. I am also doing six Water aerobics classes a week. I feel good in my body and i like the way I look for the first time in many years. I just wish I had done it sooner.

For those of you in the first few months- hang in there! You really will get to a day when the sleeve wont be who you are and what your life is all about, other than in a good way. Hugs to you.

In a heartbeat. I was lucky and suffered no post-surgery pain, nausea or tiredness. I feel better and better every day. My only regret is not having done this years ago. The liquid and mushy stages are tedious but it's such a small price to pay. I can honestly say I have never thought that this was not a good decision for me.

The first few weeks can be rough and regrets are common as your body and mind adjust. Six months down the road you will love your sleeve.

I would love it if anyone over 6 monts post op and regrets it would chime in. I'm guessing there will be few to none.