Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you sleeve again?

And OMG Sleeve 4 me , YOU LOOK AMAZING

AWWWW Thanks sweets! You made my day!! HUGS!

I'm 5 weeks out and on the fence. I don't know if I would. I have struggled with acid reflux (not warned how bad this could be!!), I am struggling with calories and fluids - this is an all consuming thing, I think about what and when to eat and how I will get my fluids in more than I ever did before. By the way, I did lose my hunger so that is a blessing. The Protein shakes that were so simple before surgery make me sick now. Sure I love that I have lost nearly 20 lbs in 5 weeks but wow have I felt exhausted the whole time! I felt very prepared. I had no physical complications and feel blessed by that. Latest thing? My Calcium has begun to make me sick - all 3 kinds I have an option to take now. No going back, someday I will be skinny which I like the idea of. But right now, today, I don't like the whole thing much.

I think it will get better for you. If you carry weight on your stomach, my surgeon said the acid reflux (which I also mentioned in another post I was not prepared for) settles down when you lose that weight and the pressure is no longer on your stomach.

I completely understand the all consuming issue. I got so sick of watching the clock and trying to do everything right. It gets easier and better. Would love to hear how you feel at 6 months. :D

I'm with u MememEEE, definately on the fence about this whole thing. I'm 2 months out and I really can't say for sure that I would do this again. I have lost 58 lbs so far because I cannot eat. I have no appetite and when I do try to make myself eat it makes me sick. I'm really scared of what's to come with my health because of the lack of nutrition. You just never know what you are gonna get, we are all different.

Never!!!! I have been miserable since my surgery...constant upset stomach, MAJOR DEPRESSION, can't eat hardly at all, everything makes me hurt. I am 4 weeks and 4 days out and I have lost 33 lbs, sure that is great, but is it healthy? I have never felt so hopeless in my entire life and I have been through some seriously difficult things in my life. Recovery was horribly painful, not eating is emotionally painful, stomach pain, restriction is tiring. I have been so exhausted, I am so angry at myself for doing this, shoot, I could have starved myself without surgery and it would have been a lot less painful! As someone else said, my Calcium and Protein Shakes were fine before, but now the make me sick to my stomach, my patience is wearing thin.

I'm sorry some of you have regrets . . . hopefully your problems will resolve and you'll start to feel better soon.

If you would have asked me this question 10 days post-op, I would have been on the fence . . . I was starting to get really tired of eating applesauce and sugar-free pudding, and the scheduling, Vitamins and such were starting to wear on me. However, at 4 weeks out (exactly one month out yesterday!) I am absolutely thrilled with my weight loss (25 lbs since day of surgery) and feel 125% better already.

You're going through the absolute worst part of the whole surgery process. After you start eating solid food again it gets a LOT better. Hang in there!

Never!!!! I have been miserable since my surgery...constant upset stomach, MAJOR DEPRESSION, can't eat hardly at all, everything makes me hurt. I am 4 weeks and 4 days out and I have lost 33 lbs, sure that is great, but is it healthy? I have never felt so hopeless in my entire life and I have been through some seriously difficult things in my life. Recovery was horribly painful, not eating is emotionally painful, stomach pain, restriction is tiring. I have been so exhausted, I am so angry at myself for doing this, shoot, I could have starved myself without surgery and it would have been a lot less painful! As someone else said, my Calcium and Protein shakes were fine before, but now the make me sick to my stomach, my patience is wearing thin.

Wow. This is a great post. Just reiterates that we are all different and you really can't go in having very rigid expectations. All you can really do is prepare yourself as much as possible by reading other people's experiences and through your own research. Good luck to every one. I wish you all the best! I'm going under the knife on Wednesday!

Def would. No question. The first weeks are the hardest. I say if someone isn't 6 months out then be careful about taking their advice. Once you learn how to eat, et over mourning food, fall in love with yourself, and understand the tool it gets better. Many of those under 6 months aren't there yet. Their disdain and "regret" will talk you out of a life changing commitment. Then when their 7 months out and close to 100 pounds smaller, they'll life will go on and you'll be stuck with woulda coulda shoulda.

itscometothis - Can I ask how long ago u were sleeved?

I had absolutely no health issues and wanted to lose about 70 pounds. Even my cardiologist commented that my health was perfect and gave me a strange look..lol ..and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Absolutely. I was sleeved Dec 1st and my husband was sleeved on March 30. Neither of us have any regret in our decision. I did have co-mobidities that resovled within weeks of surgery. Everybody is different on how they react to a life altering surgery, I was lucky and had no major complications. Sometimes there is so much advice that your head can spin, so the best advise is listen to your doctor and your body and do what is best for you. Good Luck.

Truth be told, no I wouldn't.

I really thought this was going to be my saving grace. In actuality, I cry over what I have done each morning. I am a newbie. I was sleeved on 8/25. I am miserable. I have only dropped 6lbs and I have a pretty high BMI.

I struggle daily with the fact that I wasn't able to do this on my own. Why? Why couldn't I have just worked a little harder? Maybe I could have gotten a personal coach? I permanently altered my body. I have little ones. A 1yo and a 4yo and I worry I may have shortened my time with them.

Even though I am big, I have never had any health issues.

I can't stop thinking, what have I done?

I hope these feelings go away someday.

Tiger Lily I was sleeved one day after you. You put into words exactly how I feel. I pray That one day soon we will feel better about all of this. My PCP gave me comfort with some of his advice. He said, "Megan you did the best thing for yourself that you could of. Though you don't have any other comorbidities at this time, they would come. And THAT would have shortened your life. You would have died at 50 or 60." This man has been my Dr since birth. He is overly cautious. I know he wouldn't have said that if he really didn't believe it. I also cryed to my bariatric surgeon. He Aldo assured me that this surgery has been around since the 60's. It is just recently that surgeons decided to see what would happen if they didn't convert it to RY. Low and behold it worked and they no longer had to put their patients through a second surgery. He assured me that I will live a long life. I hope this gives you comfort. I know how the anxiety and anger hurt. Message me anytime if you just want to talk. Xoxoxo

Wow Tabithadian! WHAT SIZE BOOGIE DID YOUR SURGEON USE? I have been really thrilled w/my restriction. Not too much, not to little. Mine used a 40 oversewn. Maybe thats why some have different outcomes?!

Really hope you start to feel better! Thats no way to live.

I would absolutely do it again, no doubt about it! I haven't had one second of buyers remorse or regret. I had no problems or complications, not much pain at all, no nausea or throwing up, As soon as the leak test was complete, I was able to get fluids in pretty easy, nothing has tasted bad for me, no food intolerances, everything I eat goes down fine, stays down, and my hunger is gone, which is one of the advantages of the Sleeve over the other WLS. I have had such an easy recovery, I feel truly blessed and grateful for having my life back. My type 2 diabetes is gone or in remission, my mobility has improved SO MUCH. I am out doing things and living again, and don't feel like a prisoner in my own body. It has been an amazing journey so far, and I am only almost 4 months out. I LOVE my sleeve!!

A lot of folks in the beginning do have regrets or buyers remorse, because it can be overwhelming adjusting to a completely different way of eating. But most of the time they change their minds over time. The pre-op liquid diet was the roughest part of the whole thing for me. Good luck!!

:)