Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you sleeve again?

I've been reading these posts for several weeks and there seems to be lots of issues people have had both big or small but it's rare to see anyone that wished they didn't do it. I've been on the fence about the sleeve. I don't have any medical issue....outside of 100 lbs overweight :D and I'm afraid of all the issues that seem to come with having the sleeve. I was wondering from all you post-ops.....would you do it again ??

I am only 7 weeks out from surgery and I would absolutely do it again. I had no health problems other than 100lbs excess weight and the probelms that the future held, and I had a husband that wasn't very supportive. However, since surgery, he has even said that wether I lost anymore weight or not, it was worth it. I feel so much better! It is the best thing I could ever do for myself.

Ditto them both........Not only would I do it again , I wish I had done it 10 years ago........Same as you I have no co morbidities and am/was 100 pounds overweight. I am 3 months out and down almost 40 pounds and my body and mind are so much lighter and feel more free....I have been blessed so far with no issues wtih surgery or post op........good luck to you and your journey :rolleyes:

I've been reading these posts for several weeks and there seems to be lots of issues people have had both big or small but it's rare to see anyone that wished they didn't do it. I've been on the fence about the sleeve. I don't have any medical issue....outside of 100 lbs overweight :D and I'm afraid of all the issues that seem to come with having the sleeve. I was wondering from all you post-ops.....would you do it again ??

I had absolutely no health issues and wanted to lose about 70 pounds. Even my cardiologist commented that my health was perfect and gave me a strange look..lol ..and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Absolutely. And I'm not exactly tearing up the track weight loss wise. But I'll get there.

The problems are small things I'm learning to manage. I promise you, you won't always have no issues aside from being 100 pounds overweight. But nipping it in the bud might mean all of your future issues are little things to manage. You should do that for yourself.

If you decide on this, just make sure you trust your surgeon and program. Then move forward.

I'm 5 weeks out and on the fence. I don't know if I would. I have struggled with acid reflux (not warned how bad this could be!!), I am struggling with calories and fluids - this is an all consuming thing, I think about what and when to eat and how I will get my fluids in more than I ever did before. By the way, I did lose my hunger so that is a blessing. The Protein Shakes that were so simple before surgery make me sick now. Sure I love that I have lost nearly 20 lbs in 5 weeks but wow have I felt exhausted the whole time! I felt very prepared. I had no physical complications and feel blessed by that. Latest thing? My Calcium has begun to make me sick - all 3 kinds I have an option to take now. No going back, someday I will be skinny which I like the idea of. But right now, today, I don't like the whole thing much.

I didn't have any major health issues...but since being sleeved I sleep better, I have more energy, my skin isn't as dry or itchy, my feet NEVER hurt even after being on them all day, my daily headaches have been eliminated, I am not as sensitive to perfumes and other scents, and most of all my self esteem has sky rocketed! Yes! I would do the sleeve all over again. The recovery for me was very doable and worth it.

Good luck as you make this major decision!

Yes without a doubt. I had developed asthma over the last few years and over the last 2 years, it was getting progressively worse. I was borderline pre-diabetic and that sealed the deal for me. I am going into my 8th week and do not have one regret. All of the small issues such as learning to sip, sip and eat much smaller portions are worth the end goal.

YES!!!!! No hesitation at all!!!!!!! :)

Deb

It took two years of red tape, getting new insurance, revision of VBG and waiting another six months to get my sleeve. I am so much happier and healthier at just seven weeks out. I wish I could have done it sooner!

It's pretty drastic and in the beginning i wished i would have never did it, but now at 21 months out and 150 lbs lighter I am so happy i did this . . . would i do it again? not sure, but i sure would advocate it. . .