Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*RANDOM* Tomorrow my mom is making me meatloaf!!

Tomorrow my mom is making me meatloaf, all covered in katsup and bacon and some mashed potatoes too!! I am so excited - even though I know I might get just a few bites in and a tiny taste of those buttery potatoes - I just cannot wait!! It sounds soooo good! Have you had a meal like this? One you anticipated this much? Did you enjoy it like you thought?

Every day I feel like I can eat a bit more, I really need to get myself to cooking so I can't have homemade stuff because it sure tastes better than frozen or to go. I have been having alot of to go Soups lately and they have been a lifesaver for me. Today I went to dinner for my future sister in law's bachelorette sort of party - to a place that serves horse shoes, some of the best around. It's a central IL thing and if you have never been here or lived here you would never have heard of it but let me help you picture it - Texas toast with your choice of meat (a burger is popular), cover that in french fries then top with very yummy homemade cheese sauce...yes. A horse shoe, or a smaller version, the pony. I had tilapia - I was so good - just had me some baked fish, didn't even stick a fry in cheese sauce just so I could taste it. So I feel pretty ok about my meatloaf for tomorrow :lol:

By the way, I'm not hungry, I was a lucky one and lost my hunger. But mmmm the taste of some things just sucks me in!!

Meme, what a wonderful thing your mom is doing for you. I can remember my mom cooking those special meals. Sure miss them. The meatloaf sounds so good with the bacon & potatoes. I know she is probably putting her special touches on it. I can follow my moms recipes to the T, and they still don't taste as good as hers did.

I was also one of the lucky ones that lost all hunger and also my taste for things. Things that I normally loved and def. ate too much of just does not appeal to me anymore. Which is a good thing I guess. The only thing my body really enjoys is fish (any kind, any way), and a new smoothie I found from smoothie Fit. It is called a chocolate covered strawberry. It is only 200 calories for a 20 ounce, and I add an extra scoop of Protein. That is my treat about once a week. It is really good and not bad on calories and I get Protein in also. I don't think Smoothie King has it.

And the horse shoe sounds to die for. That would be a weeks meal lol. Enjoy your meal and your day with mom. Let us know how it was.

My mom and I were just talking about meat loaf! How I miss it! LOL! I did have a special meal at my moms house last weekend. I am still on mushies and she made a roast chicken, mashed potaos, gravy, mashed squash and green Beans. I had very small pieces of chicken that were moist mixed w gravy and mashed potato and my squash which wa so good. I ate everything but the salad and green beans! I was satisfied and it felt so good to eat with the whole family!!! It seemed like one of the best family meals ever! Kinda like, you dont know what you have till its gone! But, it was great, I felt great! No issues! I made sure the chicken was tiny pieces and chewed ALOT, that also slowed me down! My dad kept asking is I ate enough! He is still so worried about me getting all my nutrition! Anyway, I tend to ramble! I hope you have an amazing dinner with your mom and enjoy it! My only advise is make sure the meat is moist or mix it with somthing moist if your still on mushies and chew chew chew!