Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any New Jersey Gastric Sleevers?

Hi there. How was your surgery with dr. Strom? Me & my husband are both scheduled for surgery with him at bayshore hospital. What can we expect - good or bad?

I used Dr Strom also, and had surgery at Bayshore. He is awesome.

I was sleeved by Dr. Trivedi on July 30th. Had a wonderful experience. Feeling great' date=' down 25 pounds, 18inches and 4 pants sizes. Off all diabetic and blood pressure meds since surgery day (I had diabetes for over six years pre-op) and had a normal HgbA1c at six weeks post-op. This was the best decision I've made to go through with the surgery.

Good luck to you all!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Hi SarSmyle :) Dr. Trivedi is my surgeon also, my date is Sept 19th. So happy to read about your great experience and your awesome progress! Do you have any before and after pics? If you don't mind me asking.

I used Dr Strom also' date=' and had surgery at Bayshore. He is awesome.[/quote']

We have heard wonderful things about him and the bariatric center. How has it been since your surgery?

We have heard wonderful things about him and the bariatric center. How has it been since your surgery?

He and his entire staff are awesome.

I can honestly say that since my surgery has been nothing short of amazing, and life-changing. My surgery was on March 8. I started at 274 lbs. As of this morning, I weigh 187 lbs. That is 3 lbs lower than Dr Strom's goal for me of 190, and only 7 away from my personal goal of 180 (which I may need to re-think because several people have told me I'm getting too skinny!). In 5 1/2 months! More importantly, I am off blood pressure medication, and no more sleep apnea! I am in size 32 waist pants for the first time in 20 years! My brain still hasn't caught up with the weight loss - I pick up the pants to put them on and think to myself "there is no way these are going to fit". But of course they do, because I just bought them.

My wife also had surgery with Dr Strom at Bayshore, and she is also doing great. Her surgery was on April 19, 6 weeks after mine. We wanted to do it closer, but she had problems getting off from work (she is a nurse at Bayshore). She has lost about 50 lbs, and is 20-25 away from her goal.

Good luck with your journey, hope it is as successful as ours!

Thank you! We are very excited and nervous at the same time.

Nah, don't be nervous, get excited for your new life!

Hey everyone! Anyone from middlesex county??

I'm from Middlesex County :)

Hey' date=' what town in middlesex?[/quote']

I'm in North Brunswick

Ook. I'm in Piscataway. Who's your doctor? I'm being sleeved by Dr. Abkin.

I used to live in Piscataway. My doctor is Dr. Goyal in Springfield

I AM FROM BRICK, HAD MY SURGERY ON June 26TH MOUNT SIANI , NYC LOOKING FOR A LOCAL SUPPORT GROUP. CAN ANYONE HELP.

Just got the call... Tomorrow be @ hospital 7am for 9am surgery Hackensack University Medical Center :)

How that's quick! Congrats and good luck :-D