Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any New Jersey Gastric Sleevers?

I just had mine done may 30th at morristown.

How are you?? Hope your feeling well! I'm goin in weds...hurting??

My surgeon was dr.fishman, he did a great job.

Pain has subsided, they do give you a lot of pain meds, dolauden, morphine, and liquid Percocet.

After the surgery I was not able to urinate, so they scan my bladder and I was about to explode, so nurse tries to put a cath in and fails, so he calls the resident doctor, who tried 3 times and could not do it, after two hours they finally get it after i kept asking for a urologisthowever, I still have the damn thing in me until tomorrow.

As for the hospital staff, I am not impressed.

1. After bariatric surgery you need to walk, try to get them to help you, I finally unplugged everything and got up on my own...funny thing is you are in a step down unit 24/7 monitoring, patient to nurse ratio 3 to 1, when you unplug the monitors they sould be running to you.

2. No shower or change of gown from 5/30 to 6/2, I said to the nurse when she was helping me put shorts on to leave would of been nice to have a shower and change of clothes, she was pse and gave me a morristown fleece blanket as a sorry,.

3. Not being cleaned means my cath was not cleaned at all.

4. Press the nurse call button, sometimes they answer, sometimes they dont.

If they do answer they ask, what do you need? I say for instance want to get up, need Water, they say ok someone will be right there, 30min later no one comes.

There were three good nurses, kathy brown, Elizabeth, and mark, the rest are **** in my book and morristowns step down unit should be investigated, center of excellence, hell no.

Tom

Tom I work here at Morristown and am so disappointed to hear of your treatment. Why were you in the hospital so long? Fishman is also my Dr. How are you feeling?

I feel great, besides the cath.

Dr. Fishman is great. I stayed there so long because they thought my pain was from the resident puncturing my bladder and waned to do a CT, which was ordered the Thursday evening and I did not get it until Friday evening, so dr. Fishman said I should just stay over night so we can monitor you.

I am in Union NJ, hello everyone!

Hi, Christy, I am in Dunellen

Hi, Christy, I am in Dunellen

Hello cody709 we are practically next door.

Hi Christy! Ridgefield park!

any one from clifton nj that had surgery with Dr. Yvan Duchaine in Newark... pls advice...

Hi I was sleeved on may23rd at trinitas hospital by Dr lopes,I live in Elizabeth,nj

Hey your really close to my area.

How did your surgery go?

I am officially sleeved and still in cooper waiting on clearance for DC... I'm very sore bit happy its done :)

Hi NJ sleevers! Had our first in person meetup this week in NJ. Unfortunately only myself and Rawrrashleex3 were able to make it...was nice to meet another sleever and chat about it! We'll be scheduling another one soon. If you're interested in being notified you can go to http://www.meetup.com/NJ-WLS-Support/. It's free to sign up for a meetup.com account and request to join the group. I've used meetup.com before, and it's a great easy way to post suggestions and details for meetups.

We'll try to vary locations, and anyone can suggest a meetup event and location. Hope to meet you soon!

Hi NJ sleevers! Had our first in person meetup this week in NJ. Unfortunately only myself and Rawrrashleex3 were able to make it...was nice to meet another sleever and chat about it! We'll be scheduling another one soon. If you're interested in being notified you can go to http://www.meetup.com/NJ-WLS-Support/. It's free to sign up for a meetup.com account and request to join the group. I've used meetup.com before, and it's a great easy way to post suggestions and details for meetups.

We'll try to vary locations, and anyone can suggest a meetup event and location. Hope to meet you soon!

Is this group private?