Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a few random thoughts...

I was sleeved less than a month ago. I am one pound shy of twenty-five pounds gone. I have six days until I move out of "food stages" and into my lifelong eating habits. It hasn't been the easiest ride, but it hasn't been the toughest either. Compared to all the trials and failures of the past 20 years, this is a sugar-free, low-carb cake walk.

Things I couldn't eat last week, I can eat this week. I couldn't tolerate scrambled eggs a few days ago and I had them last night for dinner and today for Breakfast. I made a squash casserole for dinner. My food choices are opening up like a whole new world.

I am so thankful to have this board to turn to when things get tough. I thrive on information and this is certainly the place for it. There are so many people who have walked this path before me and every last one of them is right about their thoughts/opinions/experiences.

This is one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

Congrats, that is really inspirational. It really is important to savor the little things.

Going into this I swore I was pretty well prepared, but every day I find something that I didn't think would happen. Little things surprise me every day...my rings fitting again; my watch sliding down my arm; my jeans not squeezing my incisions; how people constantly stare when I am eating...

I haven't hit 30 days yet but I am so excited about the new recipes I will experiment with for me and my family. I am excited that my baby will grow up with a healthy attitude towards food (at least in this house)! laugh.gif

Good times! We're glad to have good people here to share their stories with others, so Thank YOU. :D

Every single week will progress to newer and greater discoveries. It's like that funny story everyone tells you that you just don't quite get. You have to have just "been there" to get it. I love my sleeve!!!

It's true. You don't really "get it" until you live through it. I don't care how many times I have read about people taking pills and getting a stuck feeling. Tonight I decided I was probably far enough out to take my capsules without having to endure the nasty bitter taste any longer...

WRONG! I now have the dreaded lump everyone has talked about. I "get it" now and I know I won't be trying this again any time soon! I think that is part of the brilliance of the sleeve. Even if you don't go to meetings, track your food, exercise, or see another single person about your weight, it WILL make you accountable to yourself long enough to develop good habits. My sleeve is becoming my personal food police!