Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's very discouraging to hear of people going for surgery and many don't respond after

I understand that they just had surgery but sometimes weeks pass and no update. What could be the reason? any ideas

They are putting their lives back together after surgery. So many people including myself, get very consumed pre-surgery with all the research involved. After surgery, we are getting our lives back together, starting an exercise program and getting back to work. It leaves very little time for some people and they have to prioritize their time. I enjoy the forums for support and to track how everyone is doing but I understand that some people just do not have time.

Hey My name is Carmella,i had surgery with Alberto Aceves Feb 2010,in Mexico,I lost about 70lbs all together, it was a great experience,My sister is seriously thinking about getting the sleeve by him before the end of the year.Regarding your question...I dont think people intentionally disappear, but i think the energy that goes into the weightloss prior to surgery is so excessive that after its done you can finally move on to another topic in your life.Its an emmotionally draining situation.Most people struggling with weight loss have centered their lives daydreaming about what life will be like after losing weight.There are several people i talked to one this site who also had surgery by my doctor and i poured my worries and cares onto them which was extremely helpful for me.I understand your concern and i'm hear to tell you the surgery for me has been a great experience,only downfall is taking Nexium daily, but i knew this side effect prior.Talk to some of the moderators who are always online and available.Good luck!!!

A lot of them just feel a lot better and become much more active in their lives, which is basically most peoples goal and one of the reasons they have the surgery. Some people just want to live a normal life, and want to move on from being overweight and everything that includes, and for some being on these boards was part of their "obese" life. They want to close that chapter in their lives. Then you have others who stay on the boards for support. They find it helpful to ask questions and share their daily struggles, during their losing AND maintenance phase. They may enjoy helping others and "paying it forward". A lot depends on their circumstances such as jobs, family, ability to get online, etc.

:)

I think Mellaella and KellyL, sometimes people are just searching for support and information in making the decision to get the sleeve. And there are somany factors that may cause an individual to fall away from the forum. You could always shoot them a message if you are curious about their story. I have done that to many people here, and they are almost always willing to answer your questions.

It's a question I've had too. I fully intend to post AFTER surgery as well, I can't imagine I'll want to do much else from my iPhone after surgery with Dr. Kelly.

It's human nature to be preoccupied and scared presurgery, then post-surgery when everything is fairly (hopefully) routine and everything you were extremely worried about has passed..to not feel motivated to update.

It's a question I've had too. I fully intend to post AFTER surgery as well, I can't imagine I'll want to do much else from my iPhone after surgery with Dr. Kelly.

It's human nature to be preoccupied and scared presurgery, then post-surgery when everything is fairly (hopefully) routine and everything you were extremely worried about has passed..to not feel motivated to update.

The surgery went so well they do not need the forum. Getting your life back together keeps you busy. Take your pick.

I am also afraid that many come to SEEK info and then when it comes time to SHARE they withdraw. It happens a LOT in forums like this. I do like to think that they are getting involved in their new life and are too busy, experience has proved otherwise.

I posted my experience after surgery, but I think it may have been under the wrong subject. However, I had surgery on 09/02 with Dr. Kelly and had an awesome experience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Laura :D

I understand that they just had surgery but sometimes weeks pass and no update. What could be the reason? any ideas

I will continue to post to help others after my surgery in two days. Promise ;0)