Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to lose 10-15 lbs in 7 days....HELP ME

My appointment is 9/16/11.....someone just told me that I need to lose atleast 10-15lbs before I weigh in with my surgeon. Please help if you know any suggestions. Ive been exercising and eating lower calorie foods but I need more help......Sarah :(

Is this official knowledge? I mean, did your Surgeon tell you this personally? I'm just curious because this is not something I usually hear about unless its the Pre-Opt diet.

If you really do need to lose this weight then my best suggestion would be to do as low of carbs as you can stand it. That really does seem to help folks lose high numbers, especially in the first two weeks. Try looking up Atkins or South Beach. Good luck!!!

If you are pre-op you could do the liquid diet. It will prep your liver for the surgery and you should be able to lose 10 lbs. Personally I would check with your surgeon and find out what he wants from you.

I dropped 10lbs in a week on Atkins and it's not as hard as the liquid only diet. Good luck!

According to your signature you are going for a pre-op visit and not pre-op. Therefore, why do you have to lose weight so fast for a doctors visit? Who was it that told you that? Unless it was your doctor or the doctors office, I wouldn't listen to that. I would, however, call the doctors office tomorrow morning and find out if that is true.

I wouldn't start the pre-op liquid diet before they tell you too. Every doctors office seems to say something differs - 2 weeks, 4 weeks; no pre op diet. I am dreading that I have to start a 4 weeks on Tuesday. But I certainly wouldn't start before my doctor tells me to. He actually specifically said not to follow the liquid diet for more than 4 weeks.

Again, you should check with your doctors office.

Good luck to you!

Thank you! I called my doctor and he said he does want me to drop as much as possible before I come in for the pre-op visit. He said my surgery could be as early as Monday so I have been doing the liquid diet and exercising. Thank you everyone for your advice!

Sarah

I dropped 10lbs in a week on Atkins and it's not as hard as the liquid only diet. Good luck!

The ideal Protein Shakes work well, and don't taste to bad. Good luck!

**EDIT**

OOPS....I see your appt. was on the 16th...hope it went well....