Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Big Day is Finally Here!!

Hi all!

Well the big day is finally here. I've been in San Diego for 4 days and it's amazing here. Everyone is so nice. Lots to see and shopping is great! My hotel had a false fire alarm last night and I never knew I could get all of me moving so quickly. 27 flights of stairs! Whew! It was definitely an experience! :-) Oh and today we went to the beach. Walking along the beach with the Pacific ocean on my feet!!! Wonderful.

Anyway, after 15 days on a liquid diet and enjoying San Diego I am ready to get things going. Wish me luck and send prayers my way please.

Thank you for all for your support throughout the last 8 months. I will update as soon as I can.

Smile!

Good luck! Keep us posted on how your doing.

Good luck and happy sleeving!

GOOD LUCK!!! I leave tomorrow for sx with Almanza Thursday morning! What hotel are you in in San Diego?

Prayed for you Kendra, can't wait to read all about your experience! LaTasha, Ally is having surgery with Almanza on Friday, and I will have mine there on Saturday, will you be in the recovery house Friday and Saturday?

Good luck with your surgery!

Lisa

I hope everything went well and your recovery goes smoothly! I am saying prayers for you. I will be in surgery with Dr.l Almanza on Friday and there are several more of us who will be there this week. Let us know how you are doing!!!

Rough few days but I've had it better than most. Started off late due to driver being held up trying to get to us. Crossing the boarder a day after a holiday is hectic. Anyway our driver, Christian, was extremely nice. About 30 mins after being picked up we were getting our blood drawn and meeting with Almanza. Very nice and very cute. I remember thinking, dang why does he have to be cute. Lol. I was the last one to go and that was a test on my nerves some but they gave me something for that. Finally it was my turn and before I knew it I was waking up in recovery. Whew. Big relief. I have to say, by judging some of the others I have been extremely fortunate in regards to recovery. Maybe I have a high pain tolerance or maybe the 15 day liquid diet helped but I didn't get sick and have any gas pains. Even though the others were sick, most of them got thru it pretty quick. Everyone here is very nice and helpful. I haven't been to the recovery house yet cause my surgery was so late on Tuesday. I didn't mind though. I'm just fine right here. Will update again soon. Love you!!!

So glad everything is working out great for you!

I will be anxious to read your posts. I am almost ready to schedule my sleeve with Dr. Almanza. I"m glad yours went so well :)

Rough few days but I've had it better than most. Started off late due to driver being held up trying to get to us. Crossing the boarder a day after a holiday is hectic. Anyway our driver, Christian, was extremely nice. About 30 mins after being picked up we were getting our blood drawn and meeting with Almanza. Very nice and very cute. I remember thinking, dang why does he have to be cute. Lol. I was the last one to go and that was a test on my nerves some but they gave me something for that. Finally it was my turn and before I knew it I was waking up in recovery. Whew. Big relief. I have to say, by judging some of the others I have been extremely fortunate in regards to recovery. Maybe I have a high pain tolerance or maybe the 15 day liquid diet helped but I didn't get sick and have any gas pains. Even though the others were sick, most of them got thru it pretty quick. Everyone here is very nice and helpful. I haven't been to the recovery house yet cause my surgery was so late on Tuesday. I didn't mind though. I'm just fine right here. Will update again soon. Love you!!!

That is great news!! Continue to heal and rest. :) Keep us updated whenever you can or feel up to it.