Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 17 VSG, need October friends!

Hi October Sleevers. I was sleeved Oct 17, 2011, HW 230, SW 226, CW 143, GW 150. I have also been allowing some bad habits back in and HATE IT! I have allowed myself to finish out the year as is, and get back on track at the beginning of the year. That is a promise I have made to myself and am determined to see it through. I haven't been on this site in ages, and its nice to see some familiar faces/screen names. I hate that we are struggling right now, but don't allow that to get you down. Your sleeve is still there and it still can and will do its job. It's up to us to be accountable. I know, that's the hard part, but WE CAN DO IT!!

Hi girls,

There is a veteran forum here that sounds like it will be really helpful for you.

We have lots of vets that are 3+ years out some dealing with maintenance some with gain and some that never made it to "goal"

5 day pouch test meh...

Not for me thank you..

You need to put the hard work into detoxing from carbs, sugar, junk, and trust me it's HARD!

The minute I open the door to those things my eating habits go downhill fast.

Dense Protein and veggies are the sleevers friends :)

Hi Laura-Ven:

What great news you share! I would love to check out the Veteran Forum, and will look for it. I need all the help I can get. Before my surgery -- which was Oct 17, 2011 (by mistake I said October 16 earlier) -- I found the VSG site very helpful in sharing stories and giving support. You are correct about hard work in detoxsing from carbs, sugar and junk!!! Really easy to fall into old habits there. Right now my new clothes which I bought after my big post-surgery loss are beginning to feel tight and I REFUSE to buy new ones!! I cleaned out my closet of BIG clothes, so I do NEED to lose weight or I will be walking around in the winter cold NUDE. And believe me, that will NOT be a pretty sight!

Thanks so much for your interest in answering our posts!

All good things to you,

Hopeful Spirit

Hi October Sleevers. I was sleeved Oct 17, 2011, HW 230, SW 226, CW 143, GW 150. I have also been allowing some bad habits back in and HATE IT! I have allowed myself to finish out the year as is, and get back on track at the beginning of the year. That is a promise I have made to myself and am determined to see it through. I haven't been on this site in ages, and its nice to see some familiar faces/screen names. I hate that we are struggling right now, but don't allow that to get you down. Your sleeve is still there and it still can and will do its job. It's up to us to be accountable. I know, that's the hard part, but WE CAN DO IT!!

Hi Jolie -- LONG TIME NO COMMUNICATE!! But looking back I can see your posts amongst mine as we anxiously awaited our surgeries together and came out on the other side!! We were "sister sleevers" because we both were sleeved on October 17, 2011. It seemed like a long time ago now, doesn't it. So here we are 2 years and counting past that date and I am so happy to hear from you again. I wonder how the other October, 2011 Sleevers are doing. You and I are truly struggling our bad habits re-emerging, but I do feel hopeful for the future. I am, remember, a "Hopeful Spirit" :D .

Let's keep in touch,

Phyllis (AKA Hopeful Spirit)

I want to know the honest truth of how all my fellow oct 2011 vsg friends r doing?!?!

I am not doing great at all, lots of regain, have decided to get sorted as am 6 months from 3 year anniversary date. Initially lost 11st and have gone back up 3.5 so 7.5st down now. Feeling a bit desperate as have an injury. Looking for as much help as possible, could do with some more MFP contacts.

Me too :0/

I am not doing great at all, lots of regain, have decided to get sorted as am 6 months from 3 year anniversary date. Initially lost 11st and have gone back up 3.5 so 7.5st down now. Feeling a bit desperate as have an injury. Looking for as much help as possible, could do with some more MFP contacts.

I want to know the honest truth of how all my fellow oct 2011 vsg friends r doing?!?!

Hi. I am a Oct 16, 2011 Sleever and have to say that I am "doing ok" and "not doing ok." That is, I still have an OVERALL weight loss from start to now of 70 lbs, but have gained 30 lbs since my lowest weight which was in May of 2012. I have just updated my profile now since the new Bariatric website, so you can look at the pictures. I am REALLY struggling with not regaining weight. I have continued periodic appointments with the psychologist at the Mass General Weight loss Center and also am working with another psychologist because this is so difficult. I need to start connecting to others again through this website. I have just been reluctant since everything seems to have changed since the original VSG site which I was very active in.

So that is me so far, HOW ARE YOU DOING? You didn't mention anything. If you want others to reply, you need to say something too! Please?

Phyllis

aka Still (somewhat) hopeful Spirit

You can see my reply above. I am not doing that well, either. Down 98 lbs and up 30 lbs since October, 2011. I just updated my profile. Let's keep in touch. OKay?

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit

You can see my reply above. I am not doing that well, either. Down 98 lbs and up 30 lbs since October, 2011. I just updated my profile. Let's keep in touch. OKay?

Yes would be happy to. Just sent you a message!

Yes would be happy to. Just sent you a message!

I don't see a message anywhere. As a matter of fact I don't see any information in your profile.