Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before you stopped losing weight

Well, I'm so curious about if anyone who has been sleeved has his weight loss stopping after a while and I Dont mean stall. I mean your body just stopped losing weight after a certain time or a certain number of pounds down?

how long? was it a year or less than a year?

Does it happen to most of the sleevers or just it is rare but just happen to some?

How did u know that this is it, and ur body wont lose anymore?

I think my body has given up and it is totally against the idea of losing anymore weight and I think it is too early but may be this is it :(

I know this is not a stall cause of different factors. I gain the same 3-4 pounds and lose them for about a month or may be more, I exercise and my body just dont recognize it.. I am keeping my carb intake like non! or lets say sooo freaking little like non existing and I am not enjoying my food anymore, a month ago I could eat anything I LOVE and lose weight, now I am more like dieting and it is not even working, I mainly eat Protein all day, fish shrimp, meat , chicken, milk.

NO Desserts or sweets. I am feeling like my band days are back but at least am grateful for how amazing my sleeve has been and how much weight I have lost with it.

I count my calories, I drink not less than 100 OZ of Water, I dont have thyroid problem but I think this is it. If u think this is a stall then thats okay but I would love also to hear it from others who their weightloss stopped forever even early or late in their sleeve journey.

Thank u :)

I have a goal of 145, i think my body is stuck, done, finished what ever! Of course I bet if I had a Tummy Tuck and some sculpturing done I would lose that last 8 pound in the surgery room. I too have been playing with the same 3 pounds. I am almost 9 months out and down 118 pounds. BUT I do notice with exercise that their are body changes going on at the same time despite lake of scale movement.

I need to learn to love me for what I am and what I have done thus far.

Looou, This is a great question and one that I have been toying with for a while.

Although I am losing it is frustatingly so! A pound here, then nothing a pound there, then nothing. I am 13mths out now and I really hoped I would be at goal now, but alas no!

Like you I tick all the boxes, I did do a week or so of eating what I wanted, my restriction is still good so cal wise it wasn't bad... but I add white bread and some chips... for a laugh! No difference, I lost a pound, same as the week where I did very low carbs.

I really hope this is not the end for me because I STILL feel fat and my BMI is still obese, just to get out of that range would, psychologically, be benficial (despite the chart being a one size fits all mentalitiy!)

I really don't know what to suggest... just keep plugging along, try to enjoy the ride!? Look back at how far you have come from your heaviest and applaud yourself on a job well done!

Good luck and I hope that your (and my) body takes some more weight off!

I believe I read on here that you really need to eat (some) carbs and up your calories, especially if your working out, so your body wants to burn them. Otherwise it will try to hold on to everything because it thinks it's going into starvation mode.

If I'm wrong, Please someone correct me. I am only three weeks out and by no means consider myself and expert.

I had surgery on February 4. For the last month I have been stuck at 205-210. Like you I think my body is done losing. Getting to my goal of below 200 will apparently require something more than I am already doing.

I am no expert but I have been reading post for the last 2 months to prepare before surgery and encouraging and info after surgery. I have taken in all the info. I did get discouraged at a stall after 1 week but after reading all the post I have discovered it is normal. However, one thing I have discovered is that you have to eat to lose. i know the practice is low carb but when i increased my carb intake (still keeping calories low) i started to lose again. Since my stall I have lost another 15 lbs. I go several days without the scale moving and then 3 to 4 pounds are gone. I increased my calorie intake to 800 per day and it seemed to help. So I don't think Protein, protein, protein, is always the answer.I still get all my protein in however. My surgeon also told me that drinking Water will help to lose weight so I have tried to push the Fluid intake more. Anyway, what I am getting at is if what you are dong isn't working, try something different. It worked for me. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it is worth a try. Your body needs carbs for energy and they are a necessary part of proper nutrition. Another change I have made is not eating the same thing every day. shake it up. If I had fish for lunch I eat chicken for dinner. Vary your food choices that make s a difference also.

Sometimes I think your body needs a shake up, just do something different. If you always do the eliptical change to walking for a week. If you eat high Protein, throw in some carbs you wouldn't normally. I know in my weight watchers days (too early in sleeve) that when I had a bad day food wise or maybe a meal I knew was not what I should have ate sometimes I was surprised with my best loss in a while. It's worth a try.

I am really confused right now, It seems like most of you who have their weight loss stopped are more than 6 month post op. and I am still 4 month and ten days out, Thats why I am hugely surprised that my weightloss has been suffering that early, I dont actually mind stalls at all cause when I kept losing fast in the beginning I got so sick, and my immune system got weak, I started having bacterial infection in my tongue , throat and then my eyes. I started taking B- complex and B12, and I started feeling so good. Thats why I am really not minding stalls at all I swear, I know it is the way my body is defending itself and actually saving it.

But now, When the weight loss started to stop awfully I knew that is not a stall, I knew it is like my band days, when my weight starts to jump up and down the same pounds whatever I do, So I was never a carb sensitive person or a counting one, and thats why I tried to go low carb may be thats the reason, I varied my exercises as you are suggesting and I really pushed myself to eat under my sleeve.

my calories intake varies from 800-900 a day.

These are my main concerns, I am really way too early to stop and I am really in need for those last 35 pounds to be shed.

I even set my goal weight to be 155 which is above my normal BMI with 20-25 pounds and I am not aiming to be a model.

SO how come my body wants to settle for 188-186 pounds?:(

I am soo disappointed and yet so grateful!

I feel the same way for the last 2 weeks- month. I keep bouncing from 177-178lb.s and it is extremely frustrating.(as you well know)

I too am trying different things to hopefully find someting that will work and get me losing again. Glad to see these posts, I thought I was the only one! Thanks guys and good luck to all!

I agree with the other posters....YOU HAVE TO EAT!! You have to get those calories up for your body to burn fat! If you eat too little, your body thinks it is starving and hold on to everything you give it!

I went thru this in the first couple months. I was only eating like 300-500 calories a day and not losing a thing!! I was so saddened. I was exercising an hour or more a day too! No wonder I was not losing!! I was burning more than I was taking in! Who could lose doing that???

I upped my caloric intake to 700-1000 daily and knocked the exercising down to a couple times a week and started losing again. I also find that I can NOT super-low carb. When I do, my body just won't lose.

So, try mixing things up for a couple of days. Eat more and don't exercise so much and see what happens!

Kelly :)

Kelly, u mean I should go over 800-900 calories? if so let me know.

I will do my best but do u honestly think my body will ever lose again?, It is like I spent the whole day doing shopping and I walked for soooo long and I came back home "weighed myself to know I gained a pound" I know weighing too much is bad but I am in a critical place right now I dont wanna gain:(

Coops and Miters, I hope it gets better for all of us and please let me know the minute u break this barrier :(

I'm with you guys on this one. I was sleeved Jan. 12, 2011, and have struggled for the past month. I'm beginning to think I may be at the end of my "honeymoon" period and have to start REALLY working to lose. I sure hope not, cause I'm still nearly 50 lbs from my goal! I've been lax on the exercise side lately, so will try to step it up a bit. I'm hoping this will help get me back on track.:)

My surgeon said that you should lose 10% of your surgery weight in first month and then about 8 pounds per month and total usually lost is around 50 to 80 pounds. I am starting week four and down 25 pounds and expect to lose about 70 total from the surgery. During this I have to do what I was doing before, control diet and exercise. I started at 305 and dropped down to 235 just through proper diet and exercise. You cannot expect the surgery is the cure all, it is just a device to drop major weight immediately and it takes long term diet and exercise to maintain. Remember you stomach is tissue and you can eat your way out of the surgery. Eat carbs before working out, you will burn the carbs and then start burning fat. Eat Protein after. Get rid of fatty foods - use nonfat milk, cheese, cottage cheese. Eat lean meats - chicken, turkey and fish. Limit red meat, potatoes. Substitute fruits and vegetables for Snacks. The other posters were correct, your body will react to starvation mode and stock pile fat for future use.

Believe it or not Thomas, I am one of the strongest believers that the surgery is not a magic pill:)

and also I AM NOT eating fatty or starches food like u think. and thats exactly whats driving me crazy, I also dont expect the surgery to do it all of me, I have learned from the best, Learned from my band experience. I am a hard worker, and thats whats depressing me, that I have been busting my everything the last month or may be 60 days and I keep bouncing up and down the same 3-4 pounds.

I do eat carbs as I said before, I used to eat them normally and I wasnt a freak about them but then when the weight started slowing way down I had to go low carb, I tried low car, super low carb, NO CARB! and none of this worked.

I drink always and forver non fat free milk! I am a huge fan:)

AND I SWEAR I AM NOT EATING MY WAY THROUGH MY SURGERY:)

Then why after all of this "and I see people eating 800-900 calories maximum here" .. my body is going into STARVATION MODE:(?