Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can a whole weekend be a NSV?

My wife and I went away for an impromptu weekend away to one of our standard get away locations. Birch Run outlet mall in Birch Run MI. This was the first trip we've made to the mall since my having surgery. I was eager to go to some of the stores that my presurgery self would have never been able to shop, Tommy Hilfiger, RL Polo, Izod, etc. Let me also tell you that I am incredibly cheap and the only way I would ever buy anything at such stores was if it were on clearance and I had a stack of coupons. The clearance shopping gods were smiling on me this weekend!

Not only were there some great prices, perfectly caught the end of summer season polos, jeans, shorts, etc but I was able to fit in sizes I would have never before dreamed. All of my new polo shirts are XL with the button up shirts XXL. What a dramatic difference from the 3XLT polos and 4-5XL button ups I would have had to previously purchase. Now the really exciting stuff...pants....I'm wearing 34 jeans from Levis, Tommy, Gap and Nautica and 36 dress pants from the same places. This is an area I would have NEVER imagined I would be. That takes my jean size change from 48 to 34 and dress pants from 50 to 36, unfreaking believable!

that is so terrific! keep up the great work!:lol:

It's stuff like this that naturally thin people among us take for granted, but not this group, we all know how good it feels to fit in regular sized clothing!

You have done an incredible job, congrats!!!:cheer2:

AWESOME!!! EXCELLENT!!! OUTSTANDING!!!

Shopping has never been so fun, huh??? Your weekend sounds like the best ever really... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I love the outlet malls in Birch Run! I'm glad you found so many great deals in regular sizes. :)

That is my kinda weekend!!! Congrats on the clearance sales, but more importantly, those smaller sizes, woohoo!!! Awesome NSV!!!

:)

Thank you all for your replies and support. It's sharing this journey with amazing individuals like yourselves that makes the successes another level of wonderful.

That is so awesome!! What an accomplishment. I can't wait to shop in regular stores! :)

OUTSTANDING! Enjoy your success..:-)

My wife and I went away for an impromptu weekend away to one of our standard get away locations. Birch Run outlet mall in Birch Run MI. This was the first trip we've made to the mall since my having surgery. I was eager to go to some of the stores that my presurgery self would have never been able to shop, Tommy Hilfiger, RL Polo, Izod, etc. Let me also tell you that I am incredibly cheap and the only way I would ever buy anything at such stores was if it were on clearance and I had a stack of coupons. The clearance shopping gods were smiling on me this weekend!

Not only were there some great prices, perfectly caught the end of summer season polos, jeans, shorts, etc but I was able to fit in sizes I would have never before dreamed. All of my new polo shirts are XL with the button up shirts XXL. What a dramatic difference from the 3XLT polos and 4-5XL button ups I would have had to previously purchase. Now the really exciting stuff...pants....I'm wearing 34 jeans from Levis, Tommy, Gap and Nautica and 36 dress pants from the same places. This is an area I would have NEVER imagined I would be. That takes my jean size change from 48 to 34 and dress pants from 50 to 36, unfreaking believable!

That is Awesome!!! Wow, I can't imagine how you must feel. You have worked very hard and deserve to bask in you weekend NSV and have many more! I bet you can fit a lot more pairs of pants in a load of laundry now ;)

What a wonderful accomplishment! 229 pounds gone! Congratulations! Enjoy those new clothes - you earned them.