Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been so long since I've posted, but I just realized that I had the vsg 2 years ago on August 4, and wanted to give a little update. I still feel this was one of the best decisions I ever made.

My start weight was 238 pounds and my goal was 148 pounds. I originally lost to 134 pounds and fluctuated from 134 to 142 for a year and a half. I am now weighing in between 152-156 pounds and have been since May of this year. I'd like to lose between 6 and 10 pounds, but am okay with where I am right now (I really don't like how I look under 138 pounds).

The best thing that has happened to me in the last two years, which I feel the vsg helped me get to, was the birth of my daughter! Originally I hoped the weight loss would help me conceive, but that was not meant to be and instead my husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to adopt a beautiful baby girl, who we named Lucy, born in mid April. And now with the weight off, I am so looking forward to being a very active mom and keeping up with her as she begins to move and groove:-)

Here is a picture of us from a couple of weeks ago. For those starting out, good luck!

post-292-13813657224258_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on becoming a mom! And way to go to keep the weight off!

You look fabulous! Your daughter is so cute! Congrats!

How wonderful!!! Congrats on the weight loss and being a mom, I love the pic! You look great and the baby is just adorable, you are truly blessed.

:cheer2:

So good to hear from you again. You look so happy and beautiful. Congratulations on your new family!!!

Thank you so much for checking back in with us! You look great and SOOOOO happy!

you both look beautiful. congrats!

What a great 2 years you have had... firstly, congrats on becoming a new Mam... the pic is beuatiful and secondly congrats on maintaining a great weight... you look so happy and healthy.

Our starting weight is exactly the same... and the goal weight is similar too... I hope that I can get to goal like you have. I am sure you will be a very 'active' Mam now... x

You are beautiful and so is your precious daughter! Congratulations on your many successes. The maintenance part is always the hard part but you are doing wonderful, thanks for checking back in with all of us!

Thank you all for the kind words! I'm truly happier than I ever imagined:-) I wish you all luck on your journeys!!!!!

And here's another picture of our baby girl (I just cannot help it...I'm so in lovebiggrin.gif)

post-292-1381365722933_thumb.jpg

Deedee, thanks so much for checking in and telling us your story! I love it when the long time sleevers come back and give us a little bit of how their lives are managing. It sounds like you are on top of the world and your baby is so sweet and precious!!! How can you not be in love???

Wishing you all the very very best! Also, congrats on maintaining your weight, you're really doing awesome!!

CONGRATS!!!! You are one of the first sleevers I found to be such a huge inspiration for me personally on this site! I'm so happy for you!

Guest Roz1967

Thanks for sharing!!! You are very inspiring and You look fabulous but I am sure you always have!!