Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GOT APPROVAL LETTER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yipppeeee

:D Well i finally got my approval. The funny thing was, my husband called me after the mail ran to tell me that a letter was there from Anthem (my ins.) I said OPEN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink: He said that it was an approval letter for my surgery. I was so excited I screamed so loud!!! Well an hour later my surgeon's office called and told me that I was approved also. I am so so so so happy that this part of this experience is over. I saw my surgeon's staff for initial consultation on 8/3/11, on 8/15/11 my info was submitted to my insurance carried or they said thats when they received it and on 8/18/11 I was APPROVED!!! Well now I have to start a whole new mental process for these next steps. I have been exercising and eating healthy for 3 weeks now to prepare for surgery.....I feeel so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you! I am sure that is a huge sigh of relief for you. I am still pre op and can't submit my request to my insurance until September 7th and I know I am terrified that they will find one reason or another to deny my surgery. Good luck with all of your pre op stuff. Did they give you a date yet?

Hi!! No they haven't given me a date yet. They said I had to get all the labs and xrays and EGD done then I will see the surgeon and he will set date. His nurse said he will make me lose weight prior to surgery 15-30 lbs....for safety purposes. I have been exercsing and eating healthy for 3 weeks like crazy.......I hope I can lose the required weight. Why do you have to wait till 9/7/11 to submit your insurance the info?

Congratulations to you! I am sure that is a huge sigh of relief for you. I am still pre op and can't submit my request to my insurance until September 7th and I know I am terrified that they will find one reason or another to deny my surgery. Good luck with all of your pre op stuff. Did they give you a date yet?

Hi Sarah,

Congrats to you!!!! How did you get around the 6 month waiting period? Sooo jealous and wish I was approved too. I'm like Bakomom still waiting...my last of 6 visits is next Thursday. I hope my approval & surgery date comes quick. My goal is to have it by October as a birthday present to myself.

Good luck to you & I'll be following your progress!

Hi Stephanie! I thought at first I would have to do the 6 month diet and i did 2 months of it, then i found out Anthem BCBS didnt require it so I was very lucky. I am hoping to have the surgery soon. This will be a new beginning for me in a couple of ways. My job of 11 years as a Medical Specialty Office Manager will end in December this year due to the doctor I work for is retiring. I am really excited. I hope everything goes for you quicky and stress-free as possible.

Hi!! No they haven't given me a date yet. They said I had to get all the labs and xrays and EGD done then I will see the surgeon and he will set date. His nurse said he will make me lose weight prior to surgery 15-30 lbs....for safety purposes. I have been exercsing and eating healthy for 3 weeks like crazy.......I hope I can lose the required weight. Why do you have to wait till 9/7/11 to submit your insurance the info?

I had to have a six month physician supervised weight loss. It was also required that I have my insurance for 3 years prior to even being able to submit a request for surgery. I work at a hospital and several people were coming to work for us just so that they could have WLS and then leaving shortly thereafter. It stinks for me since I have worked there for over 20 years but had just always used my husbands health insurance plan.

Good luck with all of your testing! I can't wait to hear when you get a date!

Congrats on the approval! The lost weight preop is to shrink your liver that makes surgery go easier. You can do it!

Wishing the very best of luck!:D Ronda

Thank you soo much!!!

Sarah :D

Congrats on the approval! The lost weight preop is to shrink your liver that makes surgery go easier. You can do it!

Wishing the very best of luck!:D Ronda