Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mississippi Gastric Sleevers?

I am a Mississippi sleever... So excited to find a southern sister! I'm from Ocean Springs. Where do you live?

Hello Sleeve Sisters/Brothers...!!! :P

I have been sleeved for going on 3 years, come Dec. I still LOVE my sleeve and my sleeve STILL LOVES me..!!

I have recently had a LBL (LOWER BODY LIFT) and I LOVE my new and improved shape...I hope to have my inner thighs and under arms and back flab removed, along with the flapping bat wings clipped within the next year or two...X...keeping everything crossed for all of this..!! LOL

Having the sleeve was the best decision I have ever made, for my health...I have told many people who have asked about my weight loss and I am amazed that everyone< (MOST EVERYONE) thinks...OH HOW SCARY AND AWFUL..!!! Yet, they still struggle with their weight and their FOREVER

weight loss diets...THERE IS THIS AMAZING TOOL THAT "WILL" HELP THEM, BUT THEY ARE BLIND TO AND SCARED TO TAKE THE PLUNDGE TO A BETTER WAY OF LIFE...When I heard about the weight loss surgeries, over three years ago, I quickly started researching and decided on the sleeve...It was a struggle to get the money together and to have my families support...My husband was the REAL problem, but now, he is in total shock and aww, of the transformation..!!!

My only regret, is I did not KNOW about it in my younger years or just waaaay sooner...!!

If you areon the fence, get off and GET THE LIFE YOU HAVE ALWAYS HOPED FOR...THEIR IS LIFE AFTER OBESITY...I'M LIVING PROOF..!!!

HUGS TO ALL..!!!! (((((((:D )))))))

FLOWER

Hey Mrs SoMiss! I'm in florence, a few miles south of Jackson. I'm so glad there are finally MS sleevers here!

Flower: Thank you so much for the "pep talk"! I leave tomorrow to travel to Lousiana to get sleeved and I am super nervous. But I am super excited too. I'm so glad you have had such great results! smile.gif

Tomorrow, is going to be the first day of the rest of your life... and it's going to be a wondeful life, each passing day.!!

Sending you well wishes and prayers for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery...YOUR GOING TO DO JUST FINE..!!!!!!

BLESSINGS DEAR ONE..

FLOWER...

Hey Mrs SoMiss! I'm in florence, a few miles south of Jackson. I'm so glad there are finally MS sleevers here!

Flower: Thank you so much for the "pep talk"! I leave tomorrow to travel to Lousiana to get sleeved and I am super nervous. But I am super excited too. I'm so glad you have had such great results! smile.gif

Hi Yall! So glad to have some Mississippi Girls representing! hahaha.....I live in Pass Christian, Ms. and was sleeved in Louisiana too.

Dr. Warden...........so far doing GREAT!!! Should have done this years ago! I always lost weight on high Protein low carb....but was always hungry and would nibble and gain it back.

This time is soooooooooooooooo much better!

rolleyes.gif lost another 2 lbs yea!!!!!!!!!!!!got to change that ticker again! LOLOL 164 this morning!

Hey y'all! So cool to find MS folks on here! I'm in the Jackson area and am in the middle of my 6 month pre-op diet. Haven't totally decided on a surgeon yet but hear Dr. King in Oxford is great so I'm considering him...Anyone know anything about any surgeons in the Jackson metro? I am trying to find one that focuses their practice on bariatrics and has LOTS of experience ;) Thanks for any input!

I'm not sure if there are any sleeve surgeons in the Jackson Metro. I know I had checked in on Dr. Carroll at River Oaks, but he only does RNY and Lapband. Not sure if CMMC does the sleeve. Unfortunately, there just aren't many bariatric surgeons period in the area. I went to Louisiana for my surgery. Good luck on your pre-op diet!

I am Shae and I am in Biloxi. I was sleeved 10/19/11 at Keesler AFB. I would love to talk to the person in Ocean Springs. Please PM me?

Just saw the post from the Pass Christian person. It's great to have this online community for support but to find someone local is really cool. I was thinking of looking for a local face to face type of support group that is just for us sleevers. Nothing like a real hug from someone who's been there. Please PM me?

Shae

Thanks for the replies, Ravenjah and Shae. I know of Dr. Carroll and won't be using him. There is a Dr. Cleveland at CMMC who performs the sleeve and I have been checking him out. Im comfortable with Dr. King but just wonder if it will be a big pain in the butt having a surgeon 2.5 hours away. Trying to do a cost-benefit analysis of having it performed locally by a reportedly good but less experienced surgeon compared to going out of town for a guy who has been successfully doing all types of WLS for years.

I am so thankful for all that I'm learning from everyone on this website!

I didn't know Dr. Cleveland does the sleeve. Are you self pay? If so, have you found out how much he charges (If you don't mind me asking)? Ha, I drove 4.5 hours for my sleeve and just want to make sure I couldn't have gotten it done locally for the same price, lol.

Hey girls. If nothing happens, I'll be sleeved in Tupelo by dr. Terry Pinson at NMMC on Dec. 6. I live in Booneville, just south of Corinth.

I am also from MS. Natchez,MS here!! Me and my sister will getting sleeved this Monday! So bervous but yet excited.

We will be sleeved by Dr. Drake Bellanger at Women's Hospital in Baton Rouge

Do any of you on the coast know if there are any support groups close to Biloxi? I have only met one other person face to face and am really wanting to just meet other people. Sorry if I kinda sounded weird by asking two of you to pm me :angelsad2: . I just really want to get to know some people in my area that have gone through the surgery and share similar thoughts, emotions, physical changes, etc. This board is really great and has opened my eyes to things more times than I can count; however, nothing compares to human contact.

Shae