Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Inner surfer girl...she wants me to investigate transcranial magnetic stimuation for the depression. Any takers?

I've never heard of it. Why does she recommend it? What research is there on it? I wouldn't agree or disagree with her recommendation out of hand without finding out more.

Here is a link to some info on the procedure from the mayo Clinic site:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/transcranial-magnetic-stimulation/home/ovc-20163795

Inner surfer girl...she wants me to investigate transcranial magnetic stimuation for the depression. Any takers?

My partner did this for her chronic neuropathic pain that resulted from a surgical complication years ago. She had been on gabapentin and tramadol forever and this treatment has really helped.

Don't know anyone who's done it for MDD. But I have a good friend who, after years of different therapists, various antidepressants and even in house treatment, found relief from his depression with CBT, meditation and a structured excercise routine. There are dozens of different approaches to help with depression. If your current therapist isn't helping, maybe you should seek an alternative option.

Ive done all but transcranial...chicken

Right. Fairly new. Some good , some not so positive but not a heck of a lot of evaluative studies out there.

I am sure I gained weight for all of the reasons that you mentioned.

It's so easy to just join right in and eat when everyone else is eating junk. There are days when I am tired of it all, like Rosey mentioned, and I just don't care. I want to eat what I want. Then there are those 100 calorie packs.

I can start in the evening with one of the planned Snacks and go right on all evening long eating one thing after another.

Are those Snacks better than berries? Apple? Nuts, carrots, cheese sticks? I ll buy them...but would probably eat whole box

Insurance wants me to see shrink for 3 months for medication approval, guess my GP word isn't good enough

@@reallyrosy Here's the best article I've found on the TMS subject: http://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/02/magnets.aspx

It sounds like it may help but no one knows how it works and it may be expensive if insurance doesn't cover. It's approved for resistant depression after all other avenues have been exhausted, including medication. Not a willy nilly procedure if you ask me and may require maintenance sessions which means more $$.

Edited by Zzzombrie

Insurance wants me to see shrink for 3 months for medication approval, guess my GP word isn't good enough

Overkill for cheap meds. GP word should be enough.

Zzombrie...tnx...good article. Sounds innocuous...shrink asked "what have you got to lose?" And that makes me feel like part of an experiment. I don't KNOW what i have to lose by trying. There isn't any negative data. Is that real life?

When I am being bad, I'll have a WW fudesicle,100 calorie pack of cocoa dusted almonds, a sf pudding, etc . You get it. Anything and everything.

Right now I am trying really hard to take the regain off, so I'm remembering not being able to get my pants up when I think about eating in the evenings.

Working of the holiday gain and bloat. Was 148 on Monday. Down to 141.5 today. I knew I could regain but I am amazed at how quickly you can pack on the lbs. For a few weeks, none of my clothes fit and my edema came back, which I hadn't experienced in over two years. Now my 6s are back on but 4s are still tight. By dropping another 3-4 pounds, the 4s will fit again. The way plus size clothes are made, I could gain 15 pounds and still wear a 2x, now just a few pounds makes such a difference. Grateful to have a sleeve that still works when I work it.

Erp...how long ago was your surgerym

Erp...how long ago was your surgerym

Three years ago.

I'm on the 4th year. I am trying like mad to lose the 5 lbs i gained with my knee fractured. Now my other foot is acting up because the brace made me favor one foot and put pressure on other. Where does this all end? I lost 4 oz since yesterday. Big whoop. Laying in bed with foot on ice. Wish i could go without food forever