Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

That would drive me batty. I found the South 'B*tch' diet most effective b4 VSG but quickly realized that even a single raisin sets me off on a food frenzy. So ive avoided that stuff...even those healthy foods are my 'crap'. When i think that i used to eat rice or Pasta or potatoes every single day, i get depressed knowing that carrots and blueberries are 'cheating' for me. I don't even make quinoa because im afraid I won't be able to control not eating the whole cup. Sorry u cannot exercise now. Are u certain there's nothing u can do? Even seated? When i am restricted that way, my personal trainer finds something to keep me moving.

Yes I just noticed the same thing. I am only 21 days post op. I lost 20 pounds in 20 days but the last couple of days I'm up fluctuating 3 pounds. What should I do?

I am also a member of the senior club at 65. However I don't care how hard it gets I will continue to fight for my health. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! There has got to me some exercise you can do, just keep moving. Do whatever you are able to do. God bless you. We are all here to keep you encouraged...

I exceeded my goal by 10 pound and have always stayed within 4 pounds . I'm 18 months post op.

I average losing 3 lbs a week but lately I gain 1-3lbs then lose it. Back and forth. But I also had an unexpected gall bladder surgery and am recovering. I'm 3.5 months post op.

Edited by missykrissy79

This discussion is for people who are several years out from the surgery and ARE experiencing wt gain enough to make us worry. It is not for recently op'd or for just 2 or 3 yrs out. Its not for newly sleeves or even 18 months. Most of us were good the first couple of years. Get it?

Exactly Rosey. Come back and talk to us when you're 5-6 years out.

Thank you. I'm sure we all love to contribute, but someone who was sleeved two months ago really isn't ready for this particular thread.

Considering this is a support page, we all SHOULD be here for the same reason (support and to learn from each other), and the original post did NOT specify a time period requirement to comment, you guys need to chill. You do not need to be rude about others giving answers just because they don't fit your preferred criteria.

Missy et al,

I went back and looked at the original query and missy is right..it wasnt originally limited to 3+yrs out. How we hijacked it to mean that, i dunno...did not read thru all the years. But these discussions DO meander. I guess we ought to set up a new topic?? How about: 3+years after VSG maint.? Or gain?

Or struggling 3+yrs out?

I you want, start a post about after 3 years in the Vets forum.

I did start a new thread i think it is here in this forum? I find the software confusing. I got 8 replies and one is about a 3 year follow up atudy that will be released...

Whats the vets forum?

The title is 3+years out milestone?

I had my surgery in 2010 (235 lbs 4'11") Today I weigh in at 134. I was at 120 for years but over the last 18 months I work out with weights, do bootcamp classes & try to get running in also. I exercise at least 3-5 days a week. My muscle has definitely increased. All weight gain isn't a failure or negative. I feel my overall body looks & is much better than that super skinny one it once was. Best of luck to everyone, it is a constant battle and fight. Don't give up.

I am 8 months out been dropping still but slowly last 3 months maybe 5 lb a mo. But weight goes up 3-5 lb then back down. Right now I have lost a pound a day this week only maybe 12 lb from my goal I passed dr goal awhile back. I rally could lose 25 more to be near "ideal weight" could do by end of year. Started 370 was 310 on surgery date this morning 238. First time under 240 in 18 years.