Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Rmc. Focus first on losing the 0.5 #. Then, you will be

back into your bounce zone. Can you lose 0.5#?

I had surgery May 16, 2013, so I'm a little over a year out. I've gained 13 pounds and can't seem to get it off. The good news is that I'm still down 90 lbs.

I still bounce out of my bounce range now and then. Making sure I eat cleaner, write everything down and do a semi fast day now and then really helps me to get back in the range. If more hungry, I eat more veggies, and big salad or bowl of veggie Soup to fill up the gap.

I have not been eating as many vegetables, so I will add more of those in as you suggested. The salad and Soup (not at the same time, of course) sound like a good idea. I just let myself try some things that I shouldn't, which started some cravings. I will not let it beat me. I am going back to tracking and trying to add in more exercise. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm fatter since my last post. Way fatter. Almost back to the size I was at surgery time. I need help n a kick in the butt!!!!!!!!! What a shame

I'm fatter since my last post. Way fatter. Almost back to the size I was at surgery time. I need help n a kick in the butt!!!!!!!!! What a shame

whats happening with you? do you see a therapist? have you gone to see your doctor? what do you really need right now? did you ever exercise? work with a trainer? have you thought about trying something like a juice fast or the whole30 plan to get back on track?

I'm so sorry to hear this. I suggest:

Make an appointment with a therapist that specializes in weight loss or addiction.

Clear the junk food and trigger food out of your house.

Write down why you want to lose weight. Post it on your bathroom mirror or the fridge door.

Buy the healthy, nutritious foods you enjoy.

Track everything: fluids, foods, and your daily weight.

Measure your food.

Join one of the weight loss challenges here.

Get out and do something you enjoy that gets you some fresh air and exercise.

Buy yourself a present. You deserve it.

Two of my favorite mantras learned here are:

You can't hate yourself thin

Self soothing doesn't haven't to be self sabotage.

Best wishes on your journey!

Lynda

Thank you

I had gained nearly 40 pounds and have been able to re-lose 32 of of it using the 8 hour plan! feeling good

What is the 8 hour Plan?

I've seen some posts in the veteran's forum where people have gained 30+ lbs.

I've seen some posts in the veteran's forum where people have gained 30+ lbs.

Thats right, it CAN happen. Gotta stay on top of things, and not let it get beyond 2-4 pounds or it is not only disheartening, but hard to get off. I gained 22, then took almost a year to get it off. REALLY trying not to have that happen again!

Normally when one goes through the gastric sleeve surgery,there is weight loss and not weight gain.It helps to control our body parameters like regulating blood pressure and blood sugar.But if you are facing the rise in weight and if it is marginal then the condition can be controlled.It is always better to keep a check on your weight and find specific reasons for the rise in weight that you are facing.

I had band removal and sleeve in May, and have gained 10 lbs. I can eat huge amounts of food with no discomfort. I was Mexico self pay, and I really wonder if the dr sleeved me or just removed my band. I have joined weight watchers, and have lost five lbs, but it's pure will power and I'm hungry all of the time.