Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

OK y'all just wanted to check in. I have 2.4 lbs. to be back at my normal BMI goal, sigh :D!!!

As I unfortunately found out, YOU CAN GAIN WEIGHT BACK, they KEY (at least for me) has been to FACE THAT TRUTH and never allow it get out of control ever again, and always get back to the basics (protein, Protein, protein). Which I have known, I'm just STUBBORN LOL! But I'm sooooo thankful for people like feedyoureye, NtvTxn, Ms Skinniness, iegal, and many many others who NEVER stop sharing that positive reinforcement! Don't ever give up on us guys! We will eventually get it :D!!!!

I hope check back here reeeeeal soon to say I'm back at goal, until then keep keeping on and go drink a Protein shake LOL!

Good job girl!

Sleeve 4 Me - There is NO doubt that you'll be back here telling us you're back at goal.....at least that is what I predict!!!!!

Congratulations!!

Can you post what you eat on a typical day?

I am really struggling. If I go really low carb , Constipation is a big problem. I feel like I need fruit in my diet.

Some people say to eat low fat. How in the heck do you eat low carb, low calorie and low fat now that we eat more normally?

Maybe I do need to join weight watchers so I can learn to eat like a normal person.

Hi Oregon,

Who are you asking about their diet? I can tell you what I eat, but I'm pretty sure you didn't mean me because I don't count carbs, I just choose whole grains when eating starches.

Lynda

Congratulations!!

Can you post what you eat on a typical day?

I am really struggling. If I go really low carb , Constipation is a big problem. I feel like I need fruit in my diet.

Some people say to eat low fat. How in the heck do you eat low carb, low calorie and low fat now that we eat more normally?

Maybe I do need to join weight watchers so I can learn to eat like a normal person.

Hi there!

I actually just incorporate the Protein into the ww program. On ww I get 26 points per day and 45 bonus points per week (to use in one shot or to spread out within the 7 days). On the ww program FRUIT and VEGGIES are 0 points WHICH IS AWESOME. I typically eat grapes, melons, bananas, oranges and cherries. And I love carrot chips with fat free ranch (which is 1 point per 2 tablespoons).

OK here's a typical day while trying to lose weight, not maintenance, so less calories (approx times):

• 5:30 am Premier Protein shake
  • 6:30 am fruit (unlimited)
  • 7:30 am. 1 or 2 boiled eggs or Protein shake
  • 9:00-10:00 am. carrot chips (unlimited) with ff ranch
  • 11:00-12:00 p.m. Starbucks venti caramel frap lite or something 6-8 points, but I like my frap so yeah
  • 1:00 pm (if hungry fruit or veggies)
  • 3:00 pm Protein Bar and or almonds
  • 4:30-5:30 gym (zumba or weights) I don't give myself exercise points
  • 6:15 pm 4 or 5 egg white omelette with mushrooms, green bell peppers, ham, onion, and fat free cheese MM MM GOOD!!!!!!!
  • 7:00 pm close it up with a diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi, I'm super full by then and STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN.

Hope it helps!

Thank you! I don't think I would lose if I ate unlimited fruit.< /p>

I do like to eat some kind of fruit each day. I am so glad strawberries are back in season.

That staying out of the kitchen after 7pm is a very good rule. I wish I would be able to stick to it most of the time, but I usually end up with something like a sf fudgesicle which has around 7 carbs I think.

Hi there!

I actually just incorporate the Protein into the ww program. On ww I get 26 points per day and 45 bonus points per week (to use in one shot or to spread out within the 7 days). On the ww program fruit and VEGGIES are 0 points WHICH IS AWESOME. I typically eat grapes' date=' melons, bananas, oranges and cherries. And I love carrot chips with fat free ranch (which is 1 point per 2 tablespoons).

OK here's a typical day while trying to lose weight, not maintenance, so less calories (approx times):

[*']5:30 am Premier Protein shake

[*]6:30 am fruit (unlimited)

[*]7:30 am. 1 or 2 boiled eggs or Protein Shake

[*]9:00-10:00 am. carrot chips (unlimited) with ff ranch

[*]11:00-12:00 p.m. Starbucks venti caramel frap lite or something 6-8 points, but I like my frap so yeah

[*]1:00 pm (if hungry fruit or veggies)

[*]3:00 pm Protein Bar and or almonds

[*]4:30-5:30 gym (zumba or weights) I don't give myself exercise points

[*]6:15 pm 4 or 5 egg white omelette with mushrooms, green bell peppers, ham, onion, and fat free cheese MM MM GOOD!!!!!!!

[*]7:00 pm close it up with a diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi, I'm super full by then and STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN.

Hope it helps!

I LOVE THIS!! You eat like a normal person should:)

I LOVE THIS!! You eat like a normal person should:)

And exercise

I'm hoping to learn a lesson here.... My weight range is 130 to 135... I try to keep closer to 130,,, well, I'm 135 today so I'm hoping to be smart here and get back on the stick today more exercise ,,, more Protein, ,, cut out the sugar and fat... guide line...from Dr. Gluck... per serving,,, 5 grams or less of fat, 10 grams or less of sugar protein,,protein,, protein.... ok ME,,, DO IT!!!

Hi there!

I actually just incorporate the Protein into the ww program. On ww I get 26 points per day and 45 bonus points per week (to use in one shot or to spread out within the 7 days). On the ww program fruit and VEGGIES are 0 points WHICH IS AWESOME. I typically eat grapes, melons, bananas, oranges and cherries. And I love carrot chips with fat free ranch (which is 1 point per 2 tablespoons).

• 5:30 am Premier Protein shake
  • 6:30 am fruit (unlimited)
  • 7:30 am. 1 or 2 boiled eggs or Protein shake
  • 9:00-10:00 am. carrot chips (unlimited) with ff ranch
  • 11:00-12:00 p.m. Starbucks venti caramel frap lite or something 6-8 points, but I like my frap so yeah
  • 1:00 pm (if hungry fruit or veggies)
  • 3:00 pm protein bar and or almonds
  • 4:30-5:30 gym (zumba or weights) I don't give myself exercise points
  • 6:15 pm 4 or 5 egg white omelette with mushrooms, green bell peppers, ham, onion, and fat free cheese MM MM GOOD!!!!!!!
  • 7:00 pm close it up with a diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi, I'm super full by then and STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN.

Hope it helps!

Hey girl - I want to ask you a question. Does the carbonated drink bother you at all? It was the ONE thing Dr. Davidson said 'never' to......I was not and have never been a big soft drink girl, so it was not a problem. It's not like he said NEVER to a piece of chocolate cake or something like that. LoL Anyway, I seldom drink, but every so often, maybe once a month or ever two months, I use to like to have a glass of Captain Morgan and Coke and Coke Zero was my choice. It has been three years and I was just wondering, would I be totally a bad girl to do this? My new drink, when I DO have something is Malibu Cocoanut Rum and pineapple juice. It's not bad, but it's not the captain an coke. :) Just curious! Give me your thoughts.

I'm hoping to learn a lesson here.... My weight range is 130 to 135... I try to keep closer to 130,,, well, I'm 135 today so I'm hoping to be smart here and get back on the stick today more exercise ,,, more Protein, ,, cut out the sugar and fat... guide line...from Dr. Gluck... per serving,,, 5 grams or less of fat, 10 grams or less of sugar protein,,protein,, protein.... ok ME,,, DO IT!!!

I was such a 'bad girl' yesterday - I made a home made peach cobbler, home made vanilla ice cream. Believe it or not, when I entered the recipes into My Fitness Pal, the cobbler is almost double the ice cream, in calories! I had two servings of each between 2 PM and 9 PM. I weighed 149.2 when I went to bed, but Praise God.....I was back down to 146.4 this morning. I was afraid I'd be about a pound more than that. But today, back to normal. I love it that life feels like it MUST feel to naturally thin people. Eat things that aren't in your everyday diet, but go back to normal the next.

I believe ( yes, it is a belief!) that it is OK and actually healthy for you to have 1 cheat meal 1 time a week. Not more often then that. The 1 cheat meal gives you something to look forward to and also resets your caloric burn rate, or rather, your BMR, for the next stretch of low calorie dieting. It is a sane way to approach eating as a maintaining post op. The key is not to make It a habit of more then 1 meal. I do not yet eat cheat meals, but i see it as ideal for most as a 'normal' approach to eating after you reach goal. I am glad you enjoyed the peach cobbler and ice cream.

Thx to Fiddleman, I am doing an average of 2109 cal a day with an alternate of 1280, boy I can drop 4 lbs in one day. I guess that TDEE is something. Thx Fid!

Thx to Fiddleman' date=' I am doing an average of 2109 cal a day with an alternate of 1280, boy I can drop 4 lbs in one day. I guess that TDEE is something. Thx Fid![/quote']

Sure, that sounds great!

TDEE is a natural pivot point of equilibrium for our bodies regarding calories in and calories out. I think it is not so important to be concerned about TDEE if still under 6 months post op, but following that point in time, it is good to start slowly increasing your caloric intake towards TDEE, being careful about rate of change and sourcing of good carbs and fats. A person's weight may initially increase a few pounds while your BMR is adjusting. After several weeks, it should stabilize before dropping again if eating 200-300 under TDEE. Remember folks, it is important to go slow when eating more as to not overwhelm your body with too many new calories at a time and to source your calories from good carbs and fats.

Hey girl - I want to ask you a question. Does the carbonated drink bother you at all? It was the ONE thing Dr. Davidson said 'never' to......I was not and have never been a big soft drink girl, so it was not a problem. It's not like he said NEVER to a piece of chocolate cake or something like that. LoL Anyway, I seldom drink, but every so often, maybe once a month or ever two months, I use to like to have a glass of Captain Morgan and Coke and Coke Zero was my choice. It has been three years and I was just wondering, would I be totally a bad girl to do this? My new drink, when I DO have something is Malibu Cocoanut Rum and pineapple juice. It's not bad, but it's not the captain an coke. :) Just curious! Give me your thoughts.

I'm not the person you asked, but I do drink the occasional soda or carbonated Water. I'm two years out. I like sugar free 7-up with a bunch of lime juice in the summertime. And I like sparkling Water with a splash of cranberry juice and a squeeze of lime. Occasionally have a sugar-free root beer. Yum!