Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I just read this article on weight gain after weight loss... 8 pages long, but really interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-trap.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&adxnnlx=1325167965-awQ/TLyuKlv21t2HqMl8kg

I just read this article on weight gain after weight loss... 8 pages long' date=' but really interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-trap.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&adxnnlx=1325167965-awQ/TLyuKlv21t2HqMl8kg[/quote']

Wow the statistics are terrible. Thank God for the restriction that this surgery has given me. I know I couldn't have done it on my own. Also I've had all my skin removal done...lower body lift, breast lift, arms and thighs and so there is no more loose skin with empty fat cells on me. I wonder if this has anything to do with my fairly easy maintenance?

Wow the statistics are terrible. Thank God for the restriction that this surgery has given me. I know I couldn't have done it on my own. Also I've had all my skin removal done...lower body lift, breast lift, arms and thighs and so there is no more loose skin with empty fat cells on me. I wonder if this has anything to do with my fairly easy maintenance?

Thats a really interesting question!

I'm a year out and pretty much at goal...107 lost ,,I go up and down about 3 pounds..anywhere from 131 to 133...I just try to stay here and when I'm up I try to excersise more and eat better.

I just read this article on weight gain after weight loss... 8 pages long, but really interesting.

http://www.nytimes.c...uKlv21t2HqMl8kg

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Not great news, but as Dr. Phil would say, "We can change what we don't acknowledge", right?

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Not great news, but as Dr. Phil would say, "We can't change what we don't acknowledge", right?

Thats what I figure too.

i would get a little frustrated if i went up a bit since i reached the dr goal and then mine, but i started using the body composition scale at the NUT office and it tells you what u wt with out fat, how much Water wt u have and your total wt, also it give you your body fat %, even though my total wt went up i noticed that my fat % went down, and sometimes it was due to extra water wt. also i changed my exercise to cycling and have gained lot of muscle, so even though the scale went up 5 lbs, my body fat has went down, and another good thing about the body comp scale is, it give you a better PERSONAL idea of what is a good wt for you.. for me being 5 ft in ideal wt is from 120-136 lbs, but my body wt with out fat is 119 no way in hell i can weigh 120 and be healthy. I now have 22% body fat, and wear a size 2 jeans. shopping has never been so much fun!

Exercise is key, that's for sure!! Great job motochic!! I totally agree with everything you said. I'm now going to work on gaining muscle and getting tighter... hope the scales stay around 130 to 135......

I started lifting weights,and notice a change in the shape of my body, no weight loss though. I need to measure soon...

Motochic: you wear a size 2? Wowza, I love that! I am ecstatic that I can get into some 6's depending on the brand.....CONGRATS! :)

Motochic: you wear a size 2? Wowza, I love that! I am ecstatic that I can get into some 6's depending on the brand.....CONGRATS! :)

ya its hard for me to beleive also! but i went shoppong at the mall last weekend and got some long shorts at DKNY and i wear a 2 ,,, im rocking my sleve

ya its hard for me to beleive also! but i went shoppong at the mall last weekend and got some long shorts at DKNY and i wear a 2 ,,, im rocking my sleve

I'm so loving this right now..... :)

I just made it to a size 6.. happy with that,, never have been a size 6 and I was a size 22 to 24 when I started this ,,, a little over a year ago...

Im happy for all of you, but remember this thread is: Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Thanks gals!

Hello my peeps!

It feels like FOOOOOREVER since I've posted here. I haven't weighed in a looooooong time

:-(...the last time I weighed myself I was 147 which would be a 3 lb. gain from my lowest of 144. I fear I may be at least 155 now, but not sure.

I'm still wearing 6-8 however some of the 6's feel snug and I FEEL BLOATED :-(...I have not been eating the way I should and not drinking enough Water (water has always been a problem for me).

I really need to up my exercise back to 5x a week. I have been going to 1 hour Zumba classes Tues, Wed, but I just bought Zumba Fitness Rush for Xbox Kinect and I really LOVE IT! I can do it at home YAY!

SOOOOO with that said I have decided to join weight watchers TOMORROW...I have always loved their program and want to learn about the new 360. I heard fruit is 0 points now LOL! And I really really really need to be accountable to a weekly weigh in. I know I'm gonna get what the heck is this girl doing here looks... but I gotta do, what I gotta do :)

I will probably have to change my weight gain vote from 1-5 lbs to more :-( ....but praying I can get back to that level, I CAN DO IT...Stay tuned...