Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Mini! I want to see it, try again?

Sorry - it simply won't work. :angry:

Here are my stats though ...

Pre-op - 8

Month 1 - 18

Month 2 - 11

Month 3 - 10

Month 4 - 8.6

Month 5 - 7

Month 6 - 5

Month 7 - 4

Month 8 - 2.8

Month 9 - 4.4

Month 10 - 6.2

Month 11 - 1.4

I little spikes up and down, but on a monthly basis that's what I lost.

At first in maintenance, I was a 3-pound shift throughout the month. I'm finding it is more like 5 now. I hate it when the scale bumps to 130!!!!!! :( But, I have to remind myself it's waterweight or some weird thing like the planets aligning - it's not about me & fat. It's a hard self-talk, but I'm getting better. Of course, anything over 130.0 (like 130.1, I got into full panic mode! :P )

1-5. Only happens if there's a combination of eating junk food more than half the time, daily boozin', and complete lack of physical activity. The second I start paying even a little bit of attention to what I eat and work out once, everything comes off. You know how they say, "You did not put on this weight in 2 weeks, it won't come off in 2 weeks, either"? Well, last time I gained, I put on 3 lbs in a month, and it was gone in 2 days! Gotta love this ol' sleeve!

I refuse to weigh myself more than once a week. The most gain I've shown is 3 lbs. I kept slipping back and forth recently between 236 and 233. Then suddenly I went in one week from 236 to 231. I'm hanging out at 231 now for a week.

I was just sleeved in April so am still in the losing phase and I sure hope that I don't gain ANYTHING back! :o

My weight doesn't fluctuate much but then I have had a complete hysterectomy so I don't have the PMS edema that can add Water weight. Generally when the scale shows a drop it is maintained within a couple of ounces. I might go up 2 or 3 ounces but never anything big. I weight every morning despite some of my best intentions to go for awhile without weighing. I am going to be out of town this coming Fri, Sat and Sun and I am already fretting about not having my scale to weight on. I am addicted.... :blink:

great poll ... thanks everyone ...... good info ...

I go up and down 1-5 lbs I freak every time it creeps up but it always so far comes right off.

I am 15 weeks out today and have not had a gain. On the week of my TOM, I usually don't lose much if at all, but I have never gained

Kelly :D

I tend to stay stuck for a while, then drop. Like others here, with my cycle I will go up a couple of lbs. but then back down. Again, for me it's been mostly and issue of being stuck 3 or 4 weeks, then FINALLY down :-)

I haven't ever registered a gain. I do sometimes "hang out" at a particular weight--sometimes for a week or 10 days!--but it eventually goes down. I don't see much fluctuation with TOM any more (I'm almost 49 and it's sort of petering out, thank goodness), but I do see less loss with fewer bowel movements, sorry if TMI. As long as stuff is moving along, I seem to be heading in the right direction, and when stuff isn't moving, the scale doesn't, either.

I weigh every day and probably will until I really "get" that that's what I weigh now. I still can't quite wrap my brain around it. "235, 235, 235" was my mantra all day yesterday--for someone who was over 300, that just seems incredible--and I vividly remember topping 200 for the first time (grad school), so I feel SO CLOSE to getting where I want to be. YAY sleeve!!!:rolleyes:

Geez thanks for this post I was starting to think that I was the only one. I lose 10 lbs and then gain 5 the next day. I could not understand why I would gain after having WLS. I thought if I lost it that it would be gone forever, LOL

I am only three months out and I weigh myself every single day. There are times when I weigh in about 3-4 pounds more than the day before. But then one random day I loose it all plus a bit more. I have very irregular periods and I notice that when I am spotting or about to get it my weight fluctuates even more. For me, I think the unsteady numbers have to do with my hormone imbalance.

You are not alone in your struggle kekerene! Just keep moving forward and don't think about the couple of pounds you have gain rather think how much you have lost! At least that's what I try to do. Eventually the numbers keep going down. :)

Geez thanks for this post I was starting to think that I was the only one. I lose 10 lbs and then gain 5 the next day. I could not understand why I would gain after having WLS. I thought if I lost it that it would be gone forever, LOL

I'm about 14 weeks out. I weigh every morning and I see slight differences each day, as much as 2-3 lbs. up or down (Today's weight was 178 and change, yesterday was 177 and change), but I'm down every Friday, which is the only day I record my weight. I have lost every week since the surgery.

Lynda

Ok I think I have to change my answer. I just gained 7.5 Lbs in a matter of 3 hours... haha!!! :P

In my six months since surgery, I have occaisionally moved up a pound, then lost it back then lost down further. Those are the only gains I've seen.