Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanted to share about my daughter

Hello to all,

Well, I've been lurking since my daughter had her lap - band surgery on 6/1/06. She is only 19 and so far down 18lbs. We had both hopwed to have it down however the insurance picked up the hospital costs but the surgeon was out of network so I'll wait until next year.

I can tell a change in my daughter already. Does anyone know of anyone younger than 19 ????

Well, just wanted to say Hi! and thank you for letting me read all your wonderful posts.....

As a mother wanting the best for her teenage daughter this has been a life ..saver....She has approx. 80 more lbs. to go but wow....what a change I see already....She seems so happy again...

thanks...

momsue:clap2: :(

That's great!!!

She is very lucky to have such an informed and supportive mom.

Please continue to let us know how she's doing.

Good Luck

That is so great that you took care of her needs now, before life got too horrible for her. I wish I had it done at 19!

Best of luck to you both and welcom to LBT!

Keep us posted on her progress.

Heather..you are so right to say "before her life got horrible"...because I experienced that horrible life....Now being 51 I only wish there had been something like Lap band surgery when I was her age....

So here's to being young, old or whatever...it's never ever to late...

:( momsue

I met a girl that was in high school and 15 years old at my lap band support group. Her father is a doctor and he recommended she go through with the surgery. Like your daughter she had a lot of support around her. She will do fine. I WISH I had this years ago. I wouldn't have had to diet for all those years. Best of luck!

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your words.....I told my daughter these are wonderful, remarkable imes we live in and NOW is the time to get it controlled....She (like her mom) have been through it all..the pills, Nutrisystem..LA weight loss..you name it....

thanks for your kin:eek: d words..

hey name is rissa aka marissa i am 18 and was babnded march 22. just answering ur question about any1 being yonger then 19. maybe me and ur daughter can be buddies. my yahoo and aol screen name is loveulots17lov ... ok bye.:(

Marissa,

Sounds good....Annie is my daughter's name and she is a bit shy but I'll talk to her tonight aobut it and you guys can maybe take it out of this forum....

thanks for your response...:(

momsue

Momsue,

What I wouldnt give to have been able to do this way back then... good luck to annie and hope to see her on the board!

I'm not as young as your daughter but I'm 25, so I am one of the younger ones around here. It sounds as if we have about the same amount of weight to lose, I need about another 80lbs or so to be at my goal. I wish her luck and being shy is hard in real life but its a lot easier to come here to a forum and post because its a bit more anonymous, she will find lots of support and help here.

Big hugs to your daughter! (((hug))) I too wish this surgery would have been around when I was her age. I think my life may have been different in some areas. Best wishes to you too - I hope you are able to get your band soon. Keep in touch.

Terry :eek:

I got my band 2 years ago when I was 18. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life struggling over my weight and being unhealthy and sick. Now I have the rest of my life to be healthy and happy!

Here's a link of a thread I started on my 2 year anniversary, let you know you how the band changed my life. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19328

Hi, I'm 21 and just had the band put in july 5th! I know what its like to grow up fat and wanting to change.... if she wants to talk, have her pm me :eek: or my aol is luv2sng02.

By the time I graduate from my masters in 2 years, I won't have to worry if the gown fits! :eek:

Hello Everyone and thanks for all your support! I am Momsue's daughter! I have being doing very well with my band and when i went for my first fill they told me that i was progressing fine and that i didnt need a fill. However, now I feel that I can eat a lot more than I previously had been so I am going to get my first real fill in August! It is super hard being young and having the band because there are so many temptations and I have only told some very close friends because I feel as others would not understand! Thank you all!!!!!!!

:clap2: Hello to all,

Well, Babyanne is now using the website and I am so happy. It is a wonderful resource that I try to read daily. There is so much support for everyone.

I thank heaven everyday that my daughter Annie has a "band" opportunity. Nothing like this when I was 19 :tea:

Good luck to all.

momsue:D