Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mid-August Check-In

I am 40 pounds down pre-op (6)/surgery (34).

I am now realizing that I can eat more than before.

I am tempted by chocolate because it goes down so easy. Had some sno caps at the movie. Didn't eat the whole box even though I could have so was glad for the self-control for once! Slurpees also go down so easy :( Peanut Butter too! So these past couple of days I have wanted sweets which at first I never thought I could eat, but now things are a bit easier and anything that melts in my mouth that I don't have to chew just slides right on down. I am not feeling too bad about it, but I don't want to get out of control.

I haven't started working out yet, but know I need to start.

I am pooping ok, drinking ok, hair is shedding a bit, trying to get my Vitamins in.

Need to be better.

How is everyone else doing :)

Hi I understand completly when you say you are craving chocolate and sweets. I found a few things at the store that are sweet but healthy compared to sees candy or in your case snow caps. Next time your at the store try sugar free fudge pops, brownie Fiber one bars they are only 90 calories and very good tasting, also, special k makes great protien bars that are chocolate, penut butter, caramel ect, they have a good amount of protien and low on calories. I also have been making a chocolate protien shake with a tiny bit of penut butter and a banana sooo good...anyways just a few suggestions Im still trying to find new things as well.

I have been having a problem eating solid foods this last week and basically gagging everything back up. Its a new prob for me so I need to see the surgeon to find out why. Also I cannot go #2 anymore I have been putting Miralax in my shakes and no success the only thing that has helped is ex lax and it is painful cramping. any suggestions?

the good news is I have lost bout 50lbs since june 9th and feel overall amazing. I am working out at the gym 3-4 times a week when i am not working at the hospital on my feet 12 hours a day. work has def become a little better loosing some of this weight.

i hope everyone is enjoying their sleeve as much as i have. pls tell me if something is working good for you!

A New Me -

Did you figure out what was wrong? I don't have any problems eating and where once I said I wish I could eat more...I now can and wish I could eat just a bite. I guess it is time to start working out! I did not go to the bathroom for a few days, but everything is back on track now. Gotta drink that water! I know I am dehydrated because my urine is strong and dark. I try drinking, but if I drink I flush everything out of my tummy that I ate and then I get hungry. I actually gained a couple of pounds, but I am not going to read too much into it. I think I am going to take a couple of weeks off from looking at the scale. I am still only weighing myself once a week, but with the small gain I am thinking I need to maybe go back to just Protein. Let me know if you went to see the doctor.