Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home and doing great!

Surgery was Tuesday Aug. 2nd. Time was scheduled for 9:00. Had to be at hospital around 7:30 where bloodwork, IV was started, and consultation with sleep doctor lol. Said once they wheeled you in operating room they would give me something to relax in IV and then move me over to operating table. I really don't remember even moving over.

I remember waking up and a nurse saying, hello, how are you feeling. I was feeling fine except for my mouth and around my mouth had a tingling sensation and a numbness. They asked if I needed anything for pain and I said no, I was fine. I have a slight reaction to metal and apparently the mask used had some type of metal around it. No problem went away in a couple of hours. After awhile they said they were ready to move me to my room and wanted to give me something before the move so I would not start hurting on the ride down.

In room hubby was waiting and nurses checking my vitals and asking how I was feeling. Had a few ice chips and within a few hours was ready to try to get up. Sitting up was my worse problem. I had to have help. Once sitting up I could stand with no problem. I could not get up on my right side. But could get up on my left with a little support and putting leg down first. Nurse advised when you get back in swing your leg up if possible and just follow your arm down gradually. You will find what works for you. Walking did help tremendously with soreness. I never experienced any pain, or gas discomfort, just very sore on the larger incesion talked about.

Getting home I found it more comfortable sitting up with a back rest and a pillow on it, or in a recliner. Definately easier getting up from a recliner, even if you have to have a walker or straight back chair for support getting up.

Today is day 5 and I am on creamy broth. The first couple of days I only got down fluids, just wasn't hungry, although I did like the white cherry Powerade. Not strong but with a little flavor.

I had lost around 11 lbs. and around 8 since day before surgery. I feel great. Am off blood pressure medicine, am able too walk, even snuck into my small 3-4 foot pool and sat in a recliner so not to get incisions wet and just kicked legs. My stomack acts a little tired if I have been up too long, and actually feels full when I have had enough. I bought a little pack of 3 oz. plastic shot glasses that have been great for me to measure my Soup, etc. with. Have never felt hungry. Even with hubby grilling steaks my mouth never watered for one, and I was happy with my cream of chicken Soup.< /p>

Thanks so much for the wonderful support, It is a tremendous feeling knowing how many on this board have done great and what they went through. Good Luck to all the August Sleevers. Would I do it again. In a minute.

It's really great to hear such a realistic but positive account of your surgery and first week or so with my surgery coming up this week! I hope things continue to get better for you.

It's really great to hear such a realistic but positive account of your surgery and first week or so with my surgery coming up this week! I hope things continue to get better for you.

You're very welcome. Good Luck! You will do great. I can honestly say I was not nervous at all because of all the research I had done on this site, as well as others. When you start getting up the soreness will seem to get better every couple of hours. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I have cooked a few meals for husband and friends at our camp, and have not tasted, nor wanted to, and have not felt left out. Everyone is encouraging. When I get tired, I lie down for a few minutes. Your body will tell you what it needs. Prayers coming your way, and keep us posted.