Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my surgery date is Monday!!!!!

I feel like a litte kid at Christmas!!!

Is anyone else going next week?

Iam in Kansas City.

me too! I added you to the list :)

I'm on Monday also. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am for my 8 am surgery. I'm starting to get very, very nervous. I'm in San Diego. I just want to get this over with...ugh! I'm trying not to think about it. I wonder how high my blood pressure is going to be on Monday morning from the nerves...

So excited for you all!!! Hopefully this weekend will fly by for you. I have a feeling I won't be getting any sleep the weekend before my Monday surgery (Aug. 22nd). Good luck and keep us posted!

I am on Wednesday and can't wait!

Hey MAKJ

I am a Dr. Kowalski patient too! Mine was last Monday and it went very well! Very little pain. Dr. Kowalski is fantastic! Feeling really good 5 days out!:D

Mamamckinzie!

So glad to hear you are doing so well! Iam so very excited! Any tips?

They only thing that was difficult for me was the bowel prep. It really ripped me up and was just plain horrible. Apply vaseline before you start to protect yourself.

The prep nurse was super nice. They will take you upstairs so you can change and give you a nice black bag to put your belongings into. Then they will ask you all the medical questions several times. Then the anes doc will come in and go over with what he will be doing. Then Dr. Kowalski will come by and talk to you too. After you been hooked up to IV's they will bring your sig other up to you. Then they will wheel you to OR and give you your happy medicine. You sig other will have a pager given to them upon arrival if I remember right. After recovery you will be transfered to your private room.

You will have a cath in place (thank goodness) so you wont need to get out of bed or wait for someone to take you to the bathroom. You will be given pain meds thru a pain pump. Dr. K will also give 3 rounds of Toradol. It is strong nsaid that will help with the swelling and pain. The nursing staff is very nice and knowledgable to bariataric patients. However, if they get too busy to give you your first walk after surgery (3 hours post) go ahead and have your sig other walk you. Just unplug your iv mach from the wall, it will run on battery, grab your cath bag and keep it below your waist and off you go. We walked not only the hall that was in front of my room but also went thru the doors and made a circle cuz no one was there at night. Some really nice paintings to check out too!

On your 2nd day in the morning you will do your swallow test. The stuff taste bad but not horrific. For lunch you will get a small container of broth and Jello and 1 popsicle. Then after Dr. K get to look it over he will call the nurses and let them know you can go home. Plan on late afternoon.

While you are there your sig other gets free meals from the dining room. Also, the recliner chair sucks. Ask for a cot. The rooms are small but it will fit.

Any other questions just ask and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!! Just make sure- to not be afraid to ask for medications! I wanted to be tough- but the nausea meds- are your friend!!! And drink drink drink- well sip- Like I have said in other posts- this will be the hardest thing you ever do - but the best! Take it in stride! Don't think you should feel great- it's ok to laugh and then cry and then just go to sleep - and we will all be here waiting on how you are doing!!!!

Thank you sooo much for your tips and walk through. Iam on ponds and needles waiting for Monday to get here. My hubbie can't stay over night-we have 2 young daughters. How late on Tuesday should I expect to stay? Hour are you both feeling almost a week out?.....do you have plans to take before and during pics? Thanks- Melissa

Hey- I am 3 months out- no I havn't taken pics- although I should have- I have lost 62 lbs and down almost 40 inches- I was actually in there a full week- cause of complications with swallowing anything- but I have a bad gag reflex- everyone else went home the next day between 1-4pm- I know this is SO silly now- but the worst part besides- throwing up after surgery was not being able to take a shower that week! They gave me towelette things lol- I would be up trying to wash my hair in the sink and blow dry my hair and the nurse would come in and get on to me lol- I know I am vain- I think I will be dying and still want my hair fresh and clean and foundation on hehe.

I wish I was going on Monday. I'm 5 days in to my pre-op diet and it's been a tough day. My surgery is on the 16th. I'm new to blogs/chat rooms/etc, but I really feel like I need the support.

Owl I added you to our **OFFICIAL** line up! There are some others on the 16th as well!

thanks,. hope you do well tomorrow. my surgeon told me it only takes 90 minutes for the surgery. you'll be in and out in no time.