Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If we puke up our food...

Okay, so I started soft solids a couple days ago & made veal peprikash ... the veal was very tender and went down fine the first day.. I just ate some leftovers (only like 1/4 cup..maybe) and puked it up (I think I ate too fast).. but what I'm not sure of, is if we're supposed to eat something to replace the 'lost' meal? I hope not, I'm not feeling like eating anything anytime soon.... :(

Thanks in advance!

If you're vomiting and you don't feel hungry then I don't think there's much point in 'forcing' down more food as you're likely to be sick again and there's no point in that plus it's probably not going to do your new sleeve any good.

Fish would probably be gentler on your sleeve early out. The main thing in the early weeks is to stay hydrated.

No, go back to liquids and give your sleeve a rest. Broths or shakes.< /p>

My nut always said it may work today, but not tomorrow. On bad days back to protien shakes! Good news by 6 months,, it all goes down:)

Everytime I've been sick I don't eat again for awhile (HOURS or maybe even not until the next day)! Also, the whole thing of what works today might not tomorrow, SO True!!!

I have heard some people have problems with leftovers if they refridgerate then reheat in the microwave. It makes the Protein more dry or something. But anyway, no, if I didn't feel like eating, I wouldn't and just give your tummy a rest.

LOL - that never crossed my mind before, now I just can't believe I missed it! tongue.gif

ROTFLMAO!! I swear, I read that post as "If we puke up our food are we supposed to eat it again?" I thought you wanted to know if you should eat the puke...Man my eyes are shot!

Yea- I wondering the same thing...

I waited a while then hit the SF pudding, and even a SF fudgesickle.

the good thing- I always lost weight... now seem to be on a plateau ...

should I eat something like raw veggies :)

ROTFLMAO!! I swear, I read that post as "If we puke up our food are we supposed to eat it again?" I thought you wanted to know if you should eat the puke...Man my eyes are shot!

Just EEEEEWWWWW!!!!:blink::o:D

But you know, after my original post, I re-read the title and kinda thought the same thing.. my wording really sucked! LOL

After a week, things are going much better, but those first few days, things were rough!

My dog eats his puke. He likes it.

But my doc did say if you are throwing up it could be a leak. Make sure you do not have left shoulder pain, a fever, or abdominal pain. All are signs.

Just EEEEEWWWWW!!!!:blink::o:D

But you know, after my original post, I re-read the title and kinda thought the same thing.. my wording really sucked! LOL

After a week, things are going much better, but those first few days, things were rough!

My advice would be ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! lol. I have had some incidents lately of just this thing... and if it happens it is always due to eating too fast. About 2 weeks ago (Might be TMI) I ate something too fast (I knew I was but I only had about 5 minutes at the time to eat SOMETHING) and ended up making myself so sick I started coughing up blood. I was understandably alarmed and went to the DR, where he told me "You probably just traumatized your esophagus, not your stomach". It was probably the most violent episode of food coming up I've ever had. I couldn't breathe while it was happening, and it was really scary. So I definitely learned my lesson. Think of it this way, if you were sick with the flu or something and vomited, would you eat right after? I think taking in some liquids after is important... give that esophagus time to rest and your stomach too. And take my story as a cautionary tale... lol.

What an awful episode. I'm glad you're OK now.

My advice would be ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! lol. I have had some incidents lately of just this thing... and if it happens it is always due to eating too fast. About 2 weeks ago (Might be TMI) I ate something too fast (I knew I was but I only had about 5 minutes at the time to eat SOMETHING) and ended up making myself so sick I started coughing up blood. I was understandably alarmed and went to the DR, where he told me "You probably just traumatized your esophagus, not your stomach". It was probably the most violent episode of food coming up I've ever had. I couldn't breathe while it was happening, and it was really scary. So I definitely learned my lesson. Think of it this way, if you were sick with the flu or something and vomited, would you eat right after? I think taking in some liquids after is important... give that esophagus time to rest and your stomach too. And take my story as a cautionary tale... lol.

Thanks... lol. I was terrified but the doc was very indifferent about it all... Still if you think something is wrong I think we should contact our docs... that is what we pay them for... :rolleyes: Eating slower along with drinking tiny sips was/is one of the hardest things to re-learn since surgery. Two + months out and finally on solids it is even harder now as far as the food is concerned. Liquids was easy, mushies too, but now the rules (30-30 etc) are really more important than ever! :)