Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas: Beware Of Dr. Maese

:) Hello everybody! I got banded in Jan 06 self pay in Mexico. Found Dr. Maese in Dallas for fills and its BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!!:) I dunno where 2 begin, Everytime he would see me he rushed me, and when i have questions or concerns he would act like I was wasting his time or like I was bothering him w/ my ignorance, but the worst of all is When I had 2 emergencies, I was having very painful spams in port area for 2 days I called him, left him 3 messages, he NEVER called me back, was out of town and his nurses told me to go 2 the ER. He never bother 2 call me back to see if I got better,:omg: The 2nd emergency :I had was food stuck in band for 2 days over weekend, I called his office 20 times, finally they answered and told me GUESS WHAT? Dr. is on vacation no one can help you until next week, go to the ER. I was in so MUCH pain for 3 days THROWING Up and not be able to sleep until I found a WONDERFUL DR. that helped me the same day I called to get unfilled and he charged me 50 $ less, great team of nurses, they answered all my ? PLEASE BEWARE OF DR.S THAT ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY DR. FRED MAESE IS ONE OF THEM!

Who is the doctor who helped you?

Make sure he or she gets some good publicity!

I'm so sorry you had so many problems, and the doctor was so hard to reach and unwilling to help. I'm sure others will appreciate your warning.

senorita and its my time:

Can you post details on the good doc and Dr. Maese? I will be looking for a doc in the area in about 7 months when I'm done with my "free fills" in Houston.

I'm so sorry for your experience, but hopefully your postings can help someone else!

{{hugs}}

wombat

Would you mind sharing the name and number of the doctor you used for fills after your experience with Dr. Maese? I, too, am looking for someone other than him to do fills. Thanks for your help! Mary Luke

Dr. Jaysaleen is who took me in after I was infected by Dr. Maese. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks, VERY sick, lost my whole band and port.:faint: Needless to say I was devestated. I want my band back, and I'm not sure Dr. Jaysaleen will be able to do it, because of all the damage. We are waiting to see as I continue to heal. You can reach Dr. Jaysaleen at 972-566-2263 he is a surgeon and comes HIGHLY recomended. I wish you the best and good luck!! It was the BEST thing I ever did, untill I got the infection. Kim

senorita and its my time:

Can you post details on the good doc and Dr. Maese? I will be looking for a doc in the area in about 7 months when I'm done with my "free fills" in Houston.

I'm so sorry for your experience, but hopefully your postings can help someone else!

{{hugs}}

wombat

Dr. Jaysaleen is who took me in after I was infected by Dr. Maese. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks, VERY sick, lost my whole band and port.faint.gif Needless to say I was devestated. I want my band back, and I'm not sure Dr. Jaysaleen will be able to do it, because of all the damage. We are waiting to see as I continue to heal. You can reach Dr. Jaysaleen at 972-566-2263 he is a surgeon and comes HIGHLY recomended. I wish you the best and good luck!! It was the BEST thing I ever did, untill I got the infection. Kim

I have an appt. with Dr. Maese on Thursday (2/7/08) and would like any information you have on this doctor. I have been banded for five years and reached my goal weight in 07. However at the end of last year I had to remove all of my Fluid from my band because of damage I had done to my esphogus. So, now I have gained 25 pounds, the damage has been repaired and I need my restriction back. I was banded in Mexico and the fill doctor I have been using here that diagnosed my esphogus damage is unavailable. If you have any info. good or bad I would like to hear it.

I used Dr. Maese for some of my fills. I live in Shreveport, LA. He is reasonable but is very agressive with his fills. With each fill, I was filled on a Thursday or Friday, and each time I was back in his office within 5 days because there was too much of a fill. the two times I was filled/unfilled, I lost 10# each time before my unfill. I started to look for another fill doctor after the last time I was overfilled. If you live close to Dallas, he is reasonable for the price of fills but just be aware that he is agressive with his fills and if you are not close to Dallas is it worth your time and gas to go back for an unfill. Especially if you had band issues you do not need more problems from over agressive fills.

Just my 2 cents.

Valarie

To be related is merely an accident of DNA, but friends are God's apology for relatives

Thank you.....I am hearing so many different things about him....I live in Arlington so it will be easy to go back if I need to but hearing that someone wound up having surgery because of a careless mistake...makes me wonder.

I also used him, but only because I felt I had no choice. Now that I found Dr. Jay, I would NEVER go back to Dr. Maese. He has no concern for the well being of his fill patients. I would never recommend him to anyone.

He charges $250.00. It's $50.00 more than Dr. Maese, but he is well worth it. Plus, he gives you a two week window to come back, just incase your fill is not tight enough. Dr. Maese only gives you one week.

Thank you....I am going to see if I can get into Dr. Jay this week. I have an appt. with Dr. Maese on Thursday and I need restriction so bad that I am desperate enough to go and see him if I cannot get into someone else quick!!

PLEASE don't be sooooooo desperate to go to just anyone. This is your

health,. Call him and let him know your situation and see what they can do.

Please take care of yourself. Kim