Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IS THIS SLEEVE BACKFIRING ON ANYONE ELSES RELATIONSHIPS? I ASKED HIM DOES HE NEED HELP BY GETTING THE SURGERY AS WELL, BUT ALL HE HAS TO DO IS EAT RIGHT, WALK A COUPLE OF MILES AND HE WOULD DROP THE 40 LBS BUT HE WONT DO ANYTHING. I FEEL LIKE I AM SAVING MONEY BECAUSE I DON'T EAT OUT LIKE I DID PRIOR TO SURGERY BUT HE IS MAKING UP FOR IT! A LITTLE FRUSTRATED EVEN THOUGH I USED TO BE THERE. ANY ADVICE?

Sounds like he's having problems with your success. Maybe he'd go to a session of couples counseling with you?

Passive aggression at it's finest. :) I am fortunate in that my husband also choose to get healthy with me, but I haven't always been this fortunate. About five years ago, I dropped 80 pounds and, I swear, my husband did everything in he power to eat as terrible as he could while I lost weight. I, of course, wanted him to join me in weight loss because I felt great, wanted a partner in my fat-fighting, and I missed a thinner, healthier Hubs. The more I pushed, suggested, etc. the more he ate.

I finally learned that this needed to be his decision and, other than support him once he was ready, there wasn't a darn thing I could do about it. It's frustrating, I know. I suggest that you continue on your healthful path and not mention it to him again, maybe even pick him up his favorite treat to indicate you aren't judging and then wait for him to come to you. When he's ready, welcome him but don't push. He has to want this for himself.

Best wishes to you!

Amanda

No one likes to be told that "all they have to do is eat right and walk a bit" and they will lose weight. If that is all we had to do we wouldn't have needed surgery.

I know the feeling, although my husband is super bad. He knows he needs to lose about 50 lbs. And he does get some exercise. He plays hockey once a week. And he will go on my bike rides with me sometimes too. If I ask him to walk with me, he will do that too.....just to have our alone time.

But he loves fast foods. I use to not cook alot, because we ate out most of the time....BEFORE I joined WW in March. I then started cooking more. Sure we ate out about twice a week, but not 5 or 6 times. It was a slow process. Find some simple healthy recipes that are along the lines of things he enjoys and start cooking more. Even if its just dinner he eats right and still eats out at lunch...its a start. Or you can suggest he takes leftovers for lunch a few days a week if he liked the dinner. My husband loves Mexican foods, so I tend to do more recipes like that. Not all...but most.

Try www.skinnytaste.com she has some great slow cooker recipes. The Carnitas are wonderful. My husband and son eat them like brisket taco's. And love to take for lunch the next day. My son is 7 and would take to school, thought it was special. I would take a flour tortilla (low carb) place a piece of butterkause cheese on it then the meat....they loved it. Of course now I just eat some of the meat, not tortilla for me. I would also cook a veggie or make a salad to go with it. Both my son and hubby likes salad, so thats a good thing.

If its Italian he likes, try some of the meatball recipes. You can eat yours on veggies and let him eat his on low carb Pasta. No garlic bread if you can get away from it. The point is, not to let him know its healthy.....just that you are making changes and want to try new foods.

If its steak he loves....great, do that and salad and a good veggie. Or cauliflower mashed taters....LOL with cheese. My husband loves the leftovers, everyone at work envys him and his steak. Now he does eat out at work still, but its not 5 days a week like he use too. He is slowly coming down in weight and now that he sees it...he likes it. But I don't make a big deal about it. Its a slow process.

Good Luck.

IS THIS SLEEVE BACKFIRING ON ANYONE ELSES RELATIONSHIPS? I ASKED HIM DOES HE NEED HELP BY GETTING THE SURGERY AS WELL, BUT ALL HE HAS TO DO IS EAT RIGHT, WALK A COUPLE OF MILES AND HE WOULD DROP THE 40 LBS BUT HE WONT DO ANYTHING. I FEEL LIKE I AM SAVING MONEY BECAUSE I DON'T EAT OUT LIKE I DID PRIOR TO SURGERY BUT HE IS MAKING UP FOR IT! A LITTLE FRUSTRATED EVEN THOUGH I USED TO BE THERE. ANY ADVICE?

My husband and I are going through some of this ourselves. He is extremely jealous of my success only because he loved me large or small and he is afraid I will leave if I get smaller. (he has been left in the past-by others) reassure him if that is any problem and the take care of yourself....keep on trucking on loosing and doing this for you.

My husband and I are going through some of this ourselves. He is extremely jealous of my success only because he loved me large or small and he is afraid I will leave if I get smaller. (he has been left in the past-by others) reassure him if that is any problem and the take care of yourself....keep on trucking on loosing and doing this for you.

Thanks so much, this is my husband's story exactly! But I am trying to convince him it is about our health most importantly! No other man can compare to the one I have even though now they are looking more. My motto is, you can look but you can touch!!!!

OH YES! He is 400+ and gaining. The more I eat right and lose, the more he goes out his way to eat crap! I won't even get into our conversations, and I really do refrain. However it is coming to an ultimatum. I am not going to be a widow.