Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I HATE ketosis. Did I ever mention how much I hate KETOSIS? SWEATS, HEART PALPITATIONS, FEELS LIKE A GORILLA IS SITTING ON MY CHEST, WEAK, HEADACHES....AND HOW LONG DID MY DOC SAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THIS? 6 months???? or at least until I reach goal....

KHY

That part only lasted a few days for me. At some point, your body will adjust and you'll feel loads better. The bad breath, however, lingers.

The symptoms you list are pretty severe to be explained by ketosis, I would wonder if the issues you are having is due to anesthesia, healing from the surgery and the sudden drop in caloric intake. The gas they use during surgery causes a few issues too due to the irritation of nerves. Contrary to popular belief the gas completely dissipates in a few hours and any gassy feeling in the stomach is typically the stomach itself feeling particularly sensitive to typical amounts of "gas" in the stomach.

I would recommend going back to the doctor to be sure.

I agree with Rootman as I have not felt that way. Maybe it is the gas they pumped in your body working its way out and you will start to feel better soon. Check with your doc though just to be safe.

That sounds a bit much for simply being in ketosis. I have not had to monitor ketosis with the sleeve, but did do a diet prior to being sleeved where I did. Some of what you mentioned was supposed to be normal the first couple of days, but not longer. I would maybe check with my doctor to see if something needs to be tweaked.

Yes I am gonna have a discussion with the doc about this. Part is just the way my body reacts to ketosis. I have done the Atkins thing before and... well it failed because I could not live like that. We were just told to keep hydrated, drink Protein Drinks for a total of 90-100 g a day (3 g or less of fat and 3 g or less of sugar) and avoid carbohydrates. I am not able to get 90 grams down yet. I can get about 60 down. I am restricted to 4oz or less of fruit juice (no sugar added) a day and 4 oz or less of Tomato Soup a day because it has carbs in it. Things like crystal lite or sugar free Jello are free. I can use them as part of my 48 oz of Fluid. Weeks 3&4 the fluid goes up to 64 oz. I am taking my vitamins- don't seem to have a problem holding them down. I felt so bad today that I mixed my 2nd Protein Drink with 1% milk ( with evil carbs) and I felt much better after I got it down.

Khy

:) There are no evil carbs as long as you moderate your intake of them. While you are healing you need to listen to your body. You have enough to deal with, with all the changes to your diet and schedule. If you needed a little milk to get through it then drink the milk. On the bright side who would have ever thought milk was cheating right? That was always reserved for french fries for me :)