Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when do sizes go down quicker?

I've lost 50lbs but have only gone down 2 sizes. At what size will it start changing more rapidly? When did you all really notice you were buying new clothes pretty regularly? Thanks for all info.

It took me getting out of the plus sizes for me to notice any major changes. The biggest issue I had was finding pants that fit in all the right areas. Either they were huge in the waist, and tight in the butt, or huge in the butt/thighs and tight in the waist.

Once I got to regular sizes, (like normal 16s, 14s,12s etc), I actually skipped sizes, and lost the most inches once I was trying to maintain. I lost a measly 20-25lbs, but dropped from a size 7/9 to a 2/4.

I've lost nearly 40lbs. and I've only gone down 1 size. I feel better in my clothes, but still only 1 size. I have alot more weight to go, so I figure it will change sooner or later, and right now I don't have to spend all of my money on new clothes that won't fit me in a few months.

When I hit a size 12 I was so excited. It seemed like for the first time I hit a "normal" or "average" size. But then it seemed like just a week later I was in a 10! Go figure. I was sure it was a fluke so I had to keep trying different stores and brands to believe I was really a 10. Now, being able to pick up something at costco off the table and not even try it on, is so odd to me. I used to really regret that I couldn't even look at that stuff before, being a size 22. They say it takes 10 lbs to go down a size. This was not so true at plus sizes, but now I can see it. It's motivating to think that if I lose 10 lbs I'll be in a size 8. What? That's crazy talk...but I'm trying!

I think it all has to do with how your body is built. I went from sizes 18 or 16 to 12 after I lost 60lbs. Most of my weight is in my belly area so like Tiff said its hard to find pants that fit just right, but I have found that in Target size 12R are a great fit for me. :) Looking forward to my first size 10 jeans lol.

I started in a tight Lane Bryant 26/28 and 3x shirts (really more comfortable in 4x). I've lost 63 pounds (just saying that seems really unreal) and sort of jumped from a 3x to a 1x to, now, a regular XL (I was surprised to learn that 18W and 18 are not the same size!) and size 18 in pants/jeans. I didn't really see a lot of change for the first 45 pounds!!! It seemed like I was losing but nothing was happening size-wise. After decades of being in plus sizes, I am finally wearing a size that starts with a "1"!! And I'm only about halfway done with my weight loss, so I'm hoping to trim that number down substantially--because it's not about the number, it's about the options available. I've discovered I really do enjoy fashion and clothing--who knew?? :rolleyes: I say let's enjoy it and have some fun.

You'll start seeing the size changes soon... in fact, if you were to go shopping, I bet you'd find you were in a smaller size than you knew. I kept wearing my 3X's long after smaller sizes would have fit, simply because I didn't SEE my body changing--it looked sort of the same, even though I could feel my clothes getting bigger. I have learned I can't gauge my size by what I see; I evidently haven't got enough experience with smaller sizes to be able to tell what I need to wear! Best wishes in the fun that's coming!

Na, I hit a great consignment sale and got a ton of stuff ($10/bag) so I have a lot of smaller sizes and I did try them all on. I went down 2 legit sizes. I'm almost in a regular XL shirt, but my bewbies are still ginormous, so they look like...well....like I'm trying to hard if I wear them. I feel more comfortable in the 1x for now. <sigh> Soon. Hopefully by the time I'm feeling almost back to normal post op, I'll be able to fit back into regular sizes. :::fingers crossed:::